PDA

View Full Version : Over 8 years and counting

juliet
03-21-2010, 02:32 PM
I haven't posted in over a year, and just wanted to let you know I am still healthy and happy! Can't believe it. There is always hope, although it can certainly look pretty grim, especially in the beginning!

Leslie304
03-21-2010, 02:58 PM
Hi Juliet,
Congratulations on 8 years! I hope to join you in that category!! Did you have inflammatory breast cancer? If so, I'd love to talk more with you. Thanks! yingling304@comcast.net
Best to you,
Leslie

lexigirl
03-23-2010, 04:40 PM
Juliet,

That's terrific!! I am so happy that you are doing well. Thanks for coming back to share with us!!

Lexi

Midwest Alice
03-23-2010, 05:20 PM
Juliet,
Great news!!!
Thanks for coming back. You give us hope!!

Hugs and congrads,

Alice

Mary L
11-11-2010, 07:14 AM
Hi Juliet. I am a new member and I am also an 8 year survivor of stage IIIB IBC I was so happy when I saw your story on the IBC site. There are not alot of us around. Actually, we are truly blessed. I was diag. 2003 and given the usual chemos, mastectomy, followed by rad. It came back 9 months later apparent by the raised, red inflammation that was spreading across my mastectomy site I had two options, one was very drastic surgery that more than likely get all the cancer cells or try this new cancer drug, Herceptin. I started the Herceptin along with Carboplatin the next day. In 3 weeks the inflammation was fading and in 3 months it was all gone. I stayed on Herceptin for 5 years only stopping when my heart tests showed that it was affecting my heart. I had 3 recurences when I was off the Herceptin but when I went back on he cance would disappear. I have been cancer free and off herceptin for 3 years this Oct. 2010. I would love to hear from you. Also congratulations on your 8 year survival! Mary L

mommaS
11-20-2010, 09:31 AM
Juliet:

Congratulations, I hope to get their too. I seem to be in a bit of deep hole right having been just diagnosed with brain mets. I will try and connect with Leslie but would love to hear from others who made in through this part of the journey.

Sharon

alinak
11-25-2010, 11:53 PM
Hi juliet,
Welcome back!!!!
I'm also here new and doing study on cancer treatment.

ElaineM
11-28-2010, 08:42 PM
Congratulations Keep up the good work.

DogLover
10-23-2016, 03:30 PM
Hi Juliet,
I haven't posted in awhile either.
I am 3 years out, still on aromatase inhibiter.
Lymphedema and some neuropathy from treatments, but I am alive and for the most part doing very well.
So grateful for this site when I was just diagnosed! It was a God Send!