PDA

View Full Version : spanish speakers

freyja
12-18-2009, 08:18 AM
Hey ladies and gentlemen,
I'm going to be spending some time in Uruguay soon and I'm thinking of getting a new medical alert bracelet in spanish and english. Can someone tell me how to write "left arm no needle no blood pressure?" Abbreviations would be good.
Thanks! Celeste

Jackie07
12-18-2009, 10:39 AM
Celeste,

Here's what I came up with using the online English/Spanish translator. Based on my limited exposure to Spanish (and English :), it looks 'right'(derecho).

N de aguja o de presión arterial en el brazo izquierdo

N = No = No

O = or

aguja = needle

brazo = arm

izquierdo = left

de = to, of, with, from...
en = in
el = the (for masculine noun; la = 'the' for feminine terms; los = 'the' for plural)

presión arterial = blood pressure [In Spanish, an adjective is placed after the noun instead of before it]

Have a wonderful trip!

Joe
12-18-2009, 01:56 PM
From Veronica:
here is translation:

Ninguna aguja y presion arterial en mano izquierda

Rgards
Joe

freyja
12-18-2009, 03:32 PM
Thanks guys! I was thinking of emailing Veronica. Thanks Joe.
Adios!
Celeste

Paty
12-18-2009, 10:24 PM
Another translation could be:

Brazo Izquierdo no debe utilizarse para presión arterial o piquete de aguja.

Celeste, have a good trip and feel free to ask any question or doubt you may have. Will be very happy to help you out.

freyja
12-19-2009, 09:21 AM
Thank you, Paty,
I just might message you from Montevideo if I have any issues! It'll be great, though. I'm doing a dance teacher training with my friend's organization Danceability International. I'll be teaching dance improvisation to kids and adults, with or without disabilities or other challenges in their lives.
I'm trying to learn some spanish but haven't had a lot of time to put into it. I'm sure I'll know some by the time I get back home!
Celeste

Adriana Mangus
12-19-2009, 10:53 PM
Hi Frey; If I can be of any help, please let me know.

I'm a certified bilingual Spanish-English speaker interpreter for the State of California. ( I used to work for the Administrative Court).

Enjoy South America!

Love,

Adriana

Paty
12-19-2009, 11:44 PM
Celeste,

Have a great trip!!! Anything I can help you with, please let me know.

Paty