PDA

View Full Version : The Campfire

Pages : [1] 2 3

Bill
01-07-2009, 08:59 PM
I've lit a campfire, and I'm asking you all to join me in tending it. At times, we all awake in the darkest hours, alone and fearful. But no more. At all hours, 'round the clock, both night and day, our campfire will be burning, with friends gathered about, embracing one another and welcoming those who wish to come into the light and toss a piece of wood into the fire and burn their fears away. I've lit the fire, and now, I place another log into it, in the hopes that all of Celeste's (Freyja) fears burn away. I'm sure that, at any given moment, there will be a fire-tender around.

vickie h
01-07-2009, 10:02 PM
Very beautiful thoughts, Bill. You can count me in as one of the tenders of that warm fire (I'll put some logs on later tonight). What a comfort to know that we can all wake up at any hour of the day or night and realize that we have a job to do, for ourselves and each other. I'll bring the marshmallows and the kindling.Bye, Bye fear..... Love, vickie

Believe51
01-08-2009, 07:06 AM
Hey guys, I'll bring the graham crackers and of course the chocolate for our Smore's. I've been saying my prayers for her anyway but it is nice having our family gather in one place. And I will have to take my blankie since I am travelling, I never leave home without it! Anything else I can bring?? Cupcakes!>>Believe51

freyja
01-08-2009, 01:42 PM
Bill, you got me. I just shed a tear of joy. I'm a big, big fan of campfires. I'll be stoking this one every day. Your flame is eternally burning in my heart...and that goes for everyone here.
Believe51, you are awesome. I've got my blankie too, and a banjo for those late night/early morning Bluegrass tunes. I haven't learned to play it, yet, but it's on my list.
Vickie's right, bye bye fear. How can I be afraid with people like this around?
Celeste

Believe51
01-08-2009, 01:56 PM
Celeste, since you haven't learned how to play yet I feel a little better. I will sing, out of tune (lol) and hopefully you will drown me out....hehehe. As some of you know, I am a vampire so staying up to keep the home fires burning is not an issue, I'll take the night shift. Lots of love.>>Believe51

freyja
01-08-2009, 07:38 PM
I've got hot chocolate and grilled cheese at the fire tonight. One of the first songs I plan to learn on the banjo is Rainbow Connection, Kermit D. Frog style. Care to join me?
"Someday we'll find it, the Rainbow Connection,
The lovers, the dreamers and meee."

ElaineM
01-08-2009, 07:44 PM
I'll bring my blanket and some every present cereal bars and join you. The campfire will keep us all warm and send the fears away.

Bill
01-08-2009, 09:38 PM
Oooohh, hot choc. and grilled cheese sounds good. I play the harmonica, a "harmonica-savant" some have called me. Here, let me stick a piece of wood in our fire.....

Soccermom
01-08-2009, 09:59 PM
I'll throw another on for sweet Celeste!

Marcia

Colleens_Husband
01-09-2009, 08:51 AM
I like to warm my front side at the fire and then give my sweety a big hug. It feels so warm.

I always bring a six string guitar to a campfire. The twelve string heats up unevenly and it won't stay in tune. I like to play mellow songs or cowboy songs.

No s'mores for me. The gooey goodness gets all over your fingers so you can't play music.

There is too much fear around, I'll go out into the woods and gather some more wood.

notamrnpsn
01-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Now I know we will all be safe in the woods. We have both Bill and Lee taking care of us and helping to allay our fears. You guys are awesome, xoxo Jeanette

schoolteacher
01-09-2009, 01:15 PM
I come to the campfire to just be with all you wonderful people, especially Freyja.

Amelia

Gerri
01-09-2009, 05:17 PM
I too throw a log on this fire (of Hope) to keep it going. I pray that just as the embers from the fire float up in the air and disappear, so will all the fears that are brought here.

Thanks Bill.

freyja
01-09-2009, 07:54 PM
The thought of us sittin around the fire singin and eating munchies and grinnin, makes me smile, even giggle a little. I feel so not alone.
I brought a whole pile of logs for us tonight. Let's put them all on and watch the flames rise.

juanita
01-10-2009, 10:52 AM
y'all made me cry. i think we need maybe some chocolate martinis to liven us up even more so i'll bring those.

ElaineM
01-10-2009, 01:37 PM
I have an idea. I would like to invite anyone with fears to bring those fears written on a piece of paper. After the campfire gets going we can invite people to throw those pieces of papers with their fears on them into the fire to be burned. Our warmth as a group will help chase those fears further away. After we leave the campfire we will all be ready for a new beginning and the strength to keep walking fearlessly and do whatever it takes until everyone is NED.

notamrnpsn
01-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Elaine, That is a wonderful idea. I am going to write my fears down tonight, Jeanette

sassy
01-10-2009, 05:30 PM
Lee, I'm with you on the S'mores, so I'll bring some hot dogs to roast. No buns, just the dogs. And oh yea, I'll cut some good sturdy roasting sticks. If we decide not to roast the dogs, we can roast our fears on our sturdy sticks!

Bill
01-10-2009, 08:34 PM
Great idea, Elaine! Right now, I'm tossing a piece of wood onto our special fire and asking for a moment of silence. A close friend of a close friend of ours has been injured and needs our thoughts and prayers. Just a moment of positive thought, and prayer, as we gather around our fire, together, hand-in-hand, can work wonders.

hutchibk
01-10-2009, 09:19 PM
Oh crap, I just heard something in the woods... oops, sorry I spilled your cocoa, Bill. Lee, would you be so kind to put on my infrared headset and see what I heard? Sasquatch you say? What was that Lee, I can't understand you, you sound like you're choking or something. Stop kidding around. Lee? Lee? Uh oh.

hutchibk
01-10-2009, 09:25 PM
Whew, glad that was just a dream. But now that I'm awake, I'd love to join in by the fire. Me, my BB gun, my infrared headset, some cocoa, pepper spray and a turkey dog on a stick. This is nice, ya'll. Can we sing Row, Row, Row Your Boat? No. OK, but you don't have to throw rocks at me. How about Freebird? Fears? I'll go write mine down, but it might be hard with the BB gun in one hand and pepper spray in the other...

Mary Anne in TX
01-11-2009, 04:59 AM
Before TV, ipods, etc there were quiet moments by the fire. Time for reflection and prayer. Time to see life in full view. Years ago on backpacking trips in Wyoming in the Snowy Range, I had some of those priceless moments. I think I'll just sit by the fire for a while longer.....ma

ElaineM
01-11-2009, 12:31 PM
Put your fears about things lurking in the woods aside. Bill is going to protect us and there is safety in numbers.
As long as we are together nice and warm with our snacks praying for each other and putting our fears into the fire we are going to be okay.
Please pray for the unnamed woman I met in the docs office who suddenly told me her lymphoma returned after only 4 months. I could sense the fear in her face and voice. I tried to encourge her to stay positive. Please pray for my friend who is ill again with an unknown illness. He is an elderly man who is very shy about sharing.

vickie h
01-11-2009, 01:38 PM
Elaine, we have your friends by the fire with us...they are part of the circle.
Mary Anne, I too, remember the reflection by that warm fire when I was in Yosemite last. It is one of the most peaceful times I have ever felt...surrounded by huge redwoods that had been on this earth for generations before me. And I thought to myself "How many others have been at this campfire, at this place of spirituality, at this amazing piece of God's work?"
I will come and sit with all of you tonight, in love and hope. As for fear, it has to find it's own path..far away. Love, Vickie

ElaineM
01-11-2009, 09:27 PM
Thanks for keeping my friends safe by the campfire. Bill the campfire is such a great idea. Let's keep it going forever.

WomanofSteel
01-12-2009, 07:07 AM
I too would like to throw a log on the fire and join in. Maybe we could sing some Dylan songs or Joan Baez.

Believe51
01-12-2009, 09:33 AM
I will be bringing my Caracas that Eddie bought me in Puerto Rico. I have always wanted a set and never picked them up when I was in Mexico a few years back. They are very special to me and I love the sound, I really think this will make a nice contribution to our 'band'! This way I can shake, shake, shake my groove thing AND still be able to eat my S'mores...haha!

I am bringing some fleece blankies that my Mom made for those who want to travel light. Please let me sleep tonight, I have been praying so hard that I am tired this morning. Call me when the S'mores are finished. Love to have a hotdog but I am a vegetarian. Beans okay?? Desert will follow with Bean-o if needed, LOL.

See 'ya all when I wake up....Snore!>>Believe51

freyja
01-12-2009, 01:01 PM
Believe51, your smores are ready! I got one perfectly toasted just for you. Golden brown on the outside and ooey gooey on the inside...chocolate melting slowly into it.
Hope you don't mind, I'm tossing a sprig of sage in the fire to send those burning fears packing...and cover up the aftermath of our beans. I brought the tofu dogs for us, too.

Bill
01-12-2009, 07:49 PM
Here's another log onto the fire. I, too, want to keep this fire going forever. It's ours to keep. It's a cool, clear night here, and peacefully quiet. It's good to see your smiling faces gathered around. Keep the smores coming.

freyja
01-13-2009, 09:37 AM
I've got fuel for the fire for Terri B. Burn, baby burn.

Believe51
01-13-2009, 02:30 PM
Sorry I am late today but last night Mighty Oak and I went to visit his Mom who lives in the deepest of woods here in Rhode Island. So grab a S'more or a dog, gather around the fire and before we start add another log. Someone please make me a Chocolate Martini or latte because this story will get me parched!

Storytime by Believe51

Last night the night smelled sweet from the purity of the snowfalls here. The moon was perched brilliantly and safely in the sky with all its splendor. All constellations were visible and as I named them I took every one of our fears and placed them on a star. The sky was clearer than I have seen in some time, a perfect night one could say. You could even see the reflection of the moon on the opposite side of the universe.

I was mesmerized by its beauty as tears raced down my cheeks. This was after all, the same moon we were all sharing. Although in different parts of the world, we share one moon, one set of constellations, one gorgeous sky. Most importantly we share one heart, one dream, one hope.....not just for ourselves but for all of our family inflicted! We are one union, standing together as a whole, staring down the barrel of Brenda's BB gun....CUT!!

...........We are one union standing together staring in the face of fear. Together we have power that is not just left in the hands of one. United we stand in the fight for our lives and most certainly cannot conquer alone. We can combat the darkest of nights but only together.

As we drove home late I watched a cloud move in front of our moon. I envisioned this cloud as the poison that tries to call itself 'cancer'. The air was crisp and my normally closed car windows were down to appreciate the cleansing feelings rising about my soul. To my surprise, yet my expectation, the cloud named 'cancer' evaporated into the vast atmosphere. The stars that I had deemed 'fear' slowly faded into the night.

That was it, the fear and the cancer had been absorbed, only this time it was not into one of us. We were free from it all as we danced into NED. My friends all carried Honeysuckle and Jasmine as they know that is what I think NED smells like. They actually placed some gently in my hair (Aw, how cute) Fear-free, Care-free, and Cancer-clean, that is what we now were. We danced and skipped softly as sleep blessed us once more. One more day we have to love and protect each other. One more day we get share life and a mighty life it is.

THE END

I will again be late since I am packing up Nitewind(Susan) and grabbing her fears and pain. We will need to help her rid herself of these thoughts tonight. I will be sending her ahead of me since her load is much too heavy for her to carry alone. Please make a comfortable spot for her to bed down tonight.

When I finally get there I shall try not to stir up Hucklebuck from her sleep, as you can see that BB gun has me scared!! LOL

Colleens_Husband
01-13-2009, 02:50 PM
If you are really impatient, you get the marshmallow too close to the fire and it catches fire. You frantically blow on the marshmallow to put out the fire. Once its out, there are two schools of thought. One is to throw it out and get a new marshmallow or you can just eat the marshmallow 'cajun' style. Me? I'm a cajun style guy. I like the charred outside and the gooey inside.

Believe51
01-13-2009, 02:53 PM
Right with you buddy!! Yummie!>>Believe51

juanita
01-13-2009, 05:05 PM
that is the only way to eat a marshmallow as far as i'm concerned. watch waving the forks around though bad things can happen.

ElaineM
01-13-2009, 05:12 PM
How about bringing the scrabble game we all have been playing to the campfire? Just bring your concerns to the campfire and share in the warmth and friendship of everyone present. The campfire (and this website) is where everyone will understand you just the way you are.

Bill
01-13-2009, 10:11 PM
Wow, Marie, you are an awesome story-teller. I love my marshmallows "cajun-style" too, only I didn't know they were called that until just now, but maybe I always did know that, because it seems like Lee and I share a brain, at least sometimes. (Pssst- what's a guy in Oregon know about Cajuns, anyhow?) Do they have crickets chirping around campfires up there? Hucklebuck! Put that thing away! It's all fun and games 'til somebody losses an eye.

Terri B
01-14-2009, 08:01 AM
Move over, I'm pulling up a chair. Brought some wood, and oh yes, I brought the beer :D

Colleens_Husband
01-14-2009, 09:04 AM
Bill:

Normally, I don't like talking about myself, and by normally, what I really mean is almost never. Since we are sitting around a campfire, I suppose I could say something about myself, you know, like a get to know you story.

I was a teacher in Kansas for ten years and I eventually became a department head. I had to travel a bit in my duties and one place I always volunteered to go was Mobile, Alabama. I love trying new and exotic foods and if you enjoy eating great food for not too much money, then Mobile was the place to be. They had the perfect confluence of Cajun food and French cooking.

If you left town and headed into the swamps and bayous, they had the best restaurants in the world. They looked like ramshackled old barns stuck along a roadside in the middle of nowhere, but in the evenings they were always packed. Most of these places had a boat dock at the back of the restaurants which they got their fresh seafood which was swimming in the Gulf just hours before.

And one thing they also had was cajun zydeco music on Friday nights. One Friday I was in one of these restaurants and the guitar player dropped an amp on his hand so they announced, "Unless there is a guitar player in the house, the music is going to be canceled." So I thought, what the heck, if someone tells me the chords to the songs while they are playing, I can pass as a reasonably good zydeco player. Oh, and it helps if you yell 'Etoue' (If that's how it's spelled) every now and again.

Anyways, I didn't play real good but the cajuns in the band appreciated the effort and they invited me to spend the weekend with them in their cabins in the swamp. It was a real honor because the Cajuns are pretty reclusive. So we went hunting, teasing alligators, and generally engaging in debauchery.

So the Cajuns liked to make jokes about themselves, even though they don't tolerate jokes from outsiders. One of the jokes they told was about burning the toast for breakfast. They said it was 'cajun toast' because it was blackened and hot. So anyways, that is the origin of cajun style marshmallows, and anything else that gets a bit charred.

Bill
01-14-2009, 11:17 AM
Lee, you are truly the Man! I envy you on that one. What an awesome weekend that had to have been. Thanks for sharing.

StephN
01-14-2009, 01:32 PM
CAJUN HAIR

Having been a CAMPFIRE GIRL, I have at least one that is worth telling. Was at camp here in the mountains of Washington State and naturally there was a bonfire every night. And naturally the counselors took turns telling the stories.

During the day we "played" pretty hard at that camp. I became an archery ace, but was not the best on horses. Was bucked off a big horse one day when he got spooked on the trail ride. I landed on my wrist. Had to get back on or else walk all the way back.

Anyway, was quite pooped out that night and wrist was hurting. I was sitting on an upright short log and lost my balance falling backwards into the fire! Was VERY quick to get up so only had singed hair, which was longer than shoulders and really smelled!

I moved so fast that I don't think my clothes even got damaged. The counselor took some nail scissors to trim off the singed up ends of my hair.

Lesson learned not to sit so close to a fire! Also, NO upright log sitting, please.

freyja
01-14-2009, 01:38 PM
Shooting star! Everyone make a wish!

StephN
01-14-2009, 02:09 PM
Wishes wished! For Believe's dream to come true!

Definition of BONFIRE from Wikipedia:

A bonfire is a large controlled outdoor fire (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire). The word is a contraction of "bone fire" (cf. for example "kostjor" in Russian - from "kost'" meaning "bone"). The practice is believed to derive from the Celtic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celt) festival of Samhain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samhain) when animal bones (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bone) were burnt to ward off evil spirits (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiritual_being). Today the practice is still common in Ireland, with bonfires commonly lit for Halloween night, as well as Midsummer in some areas.

Maybe we better throw a couple of chicken or rib bones into that fire to make it more effective?!?!
I know, Bill, you called it a CAMP fire, but what's in a name ...

Believe51
01-14-2009, 02:14 PM
My wish was answered when we found a place to have our campfire. A place to stare 'fear' in its eyes and tell it that it is not welcomed here.

Guess my other wish would be to remove the BB's from Brends's BB gun....ROTFL....sorry, but that gun has me chuckling>>Believe51

ElaineM
01-14-2009, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the information on campfires StephN !! I can understand the connection between fear and chasing evil spirits away.
Whether people come to eat at the campfire, release fear, or evil spirits, pray, play scrabble, sit in silence or wish upon a star they are most welcome at our campfire.

chrisy
01-14-2009, 09:24 PM
I love this campfire, or bonfire or whatever we want to call it. It is so warm here. So safe. No need for the BB gun, brenda - nothing can touch us here. Maybe a friendly little prank or scary story, but nothing that won't end with a comforting hug.

Perhaps it will grow at times, then at other times settle into a comfortable but warm ring of glowing embers.

Thank you all for being here. I love you all so much.

Believe51
01-15-2009, 09:09 AM
Alright, which one of you hung all my 'Believe' decorations all over that Mighty Oak tree?? Nice addition to all of its bare limbs I must add. How did you know that I would feel right at home bumping into my "Believes" all night?? I think this is wonderful for all to be reminded to ALWAYS BELIEVE.

Believe in whatever makes you get through the night, whatever sends you power, but most of all we must believe in ourselves and others. Whoever placed them so strategically upon the lifeless limbs surely knew what they were doing. The tree looks so alive now and it reminds me of many things besides to always Believe. It shows me that even when there looks like hope and beauty appears barren we must look deep within. There is always hope and beauty if you continue to Believe.

My only concern now is that I hope Brenda does not get alarmed with the sounds this once lifeless tree and think it is an intruder! LOL. I would not want to see her use them for target practice.

Now for the good stuff, I brought some of my famous Portuguese Kale Soup in two batches. One batch is for us vegetarians and the other batch has chourico, a Portuguese sausage. It is bitter cold and I am even colder since the tears of happiness have streamed down my face. Grab a bowl and a vacant blankie and let us huddle around the fire. Brrrrrrrrr.

Believe51

vickie h
01-15-2009, 11:59 AM
I am at the campfire now, sipping a bowl of Matie's vegetarian Kale soup. It is delicious and warm and nourishing. Thank you, Marie.
I come to the campfire to meet with my sisters and brothers and God. The embers burn brightly and hot, staving off sadness, doubt, and regret. I will spend the night here with all of you, in song and thankfulness for your love. PS. I'll keep a steaming pot of tea brewing and a bowl of fresh berries to eat at sunrise!
I love you all, Vickie

Believe51
01-15-2009, 12:39 PM
Vickie, I am a little busy right now so I need a favor. Mind?

On this flourescent orange "M-shaped" Post-It I have written down my fears. Wondering if you could throw this in the fire as you are brewing your tea??

Glad you liked the soup, the secret ingredient is "love" but let us keep that a secret!! Please save me some berries so I am assured I have snacks for this diet of mine.

I'll see you in a while. Tonight I have to take my male Maine Wave Coon cat, Mookie since he followed me twice here already. He cannot live without me (conceited huh?) and is always by my side. He has wonderous healing powers that Ed firmly believes has healed him thus far. He is looking forward to healing other family and friends. He is the cutest marmalade cat you ever want to see. Love and thanks to you my girl!>>Believe51

hutchibk
01-15-2009, 07:17 PM
Ok, ok, ok - I'll put the bb gun away. But can I keep the pepper spray? Just in case the monster in the woods makes his-self known...

Lee, I just had a dark and crispy m-mellow with dark and melty chocolate. Amazingly, I am very much less afraid after my treat. Bill, can you pour me another dark choc cocoa when you are done putting that log on the fire. I love watching the embers fly up in the air... oops, that's from the corner of my fleece Snuggie - yow, gotta go put that out!!!!!

Bill
01-15-2009, 07:41 PM
Whatever you want, Brenda, you got it. Quick!!! Nobody Read!!! (Here, Hucklebuck, take this little handful of BB's. May they serve you well) I'm getting a little hongry right now. I think I'll grab a mug of Marie's soup and a Cajun hot-dog and lay back agin' this log and smile quietly to myself and thank the stars for such a good group of friends.

vickie h
01-15-2009, 08:43 PM
Marie, I just threw that post-it note in the fire. It is burning brightly away (it lit up the sky) I threw in a few dozen of my own. I'm sitting here with many others and we're telling spooky stories and laughing. I almost overturned the bowl of berries (saving you some). I'm waiting for that gorgeous cat of yours, Mookie, to get here so I can cuddle with him. I love CATS! Love, Vickie

ElaineM
01-15-2009, 08:55 PM
I dropped by to warm up by the fire and sit awhile with everyone on this rainy Hawaiian night. The vegetarian kale soup looks delicious. Can I please have a cup of it?

freyja
01-16-2009, 10:05 AM
Little cold here this morning. I stoked it up for us. The birds are chattering like crazy this morning. I think they have some fears of their own they're bringing here. The squirrels are happy, too. "Don't touch that squirrels nuts, you'll make him crazy!" (Willy Wonka)

Bill
01-16-2009, 08:48 PM
It's a cold night here. Let me stir the coals a bit and place another piece of wood onto the fire. Pinkgirl! Where are you?! We need your northern expertise, and possibly your sled dogs come Sunday. Hey! Talking about campfire stories, have I told you guys the one about the shape-shifter I saw at the campfire when I lived in Arizona?

StephN
01-16-2009, 11:04 PM
Yes, O Bill the storyteller, you DID tell us that one.

Here is the link, along with the rest of the thread that spawned some more great tales true and strange!

http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33190&highlight=shape+shifter (http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33190&highlight=shape+shifter)

For a good read, click the above - no kidding!

Bill
01-17-2009, 12:09 AM
Oh.....Thanks, Stephie, now I'm creeped out all over again. Thanks for backing up my memory. Have I told the one about encountering the wil'o'the wisp during a night hike in the Appalachians? Man, if I haven't, that would be a really good bone-fire story, m'lass.

ElaineM
01-17-2009, 08:49 PM
Just stopped by to throw a log onto the fire to keep it going and sit with you guys for while.

hutchibk
01-18-2009, 07:27 PM
I need to go tee-tee (thanks to Bill filling my cocoa about 50 times - but the last 25 cups with kahlua were mighty tasty, though I feel an eentsy bit woozy), but I'm a-skeerd to go into the woods alone... anyone wanna come along and be my look-out?

hutchibk
01-18-2009, 07:27 PM
I'll let you carry my bb gun...

ElaineM
01-18-2009, 09:52 PM
I think we need an outhouse and some handy wipes Bill.

StephN
01-18-2009, 09:59 PM
I can bring a shovel, if someone else can bring a rope and some canvas to rig up the "outhouse."

(Actually a tarp would do!)

Let's go easy on the cocoa tonight till we get the Official Bush taken care of.

freyja
01-18-2009, 10:14 PM
I just caught a fear wave tonight and got a great big laugh when I came here. Just what I was looking for. I'm gonna need that "oh shoot-house" tonight.

I threw my Christmas tree on the fire, noone's gonna be cold tonight.

hutchibk
01-19-2009, 03:29 PM
OK, much better now. And all warm in my Snuggie and Dearfoams. Actually, quite somber tonight - lost a very dear friend over night to this dreaded battle. He had been fighting a primary that was never totally determined, but had over the last 8 years moved from kidneys, to bladder, to liver (got all those clear) - but last March to his brain... and could never get anything to work well on that one. He was one of the good ones. Sigh. God needed another angel.

Staring at those embers is nice... don't mind my tears. It feels good to let it out. Carry on my friend Jack, and keep a good eye on us!

Terri B
01-19-2009, 03:33 PM
Awww Brenda, dang.. :'(

ElaineM
01-19-2009, 03:41 PM
Don't worry hutchibk (http://her2support.org/vbulletin/member.php?u=257). Your friend is with us at the campfire today.
By the way, I will bring some handi wipes for the outhouse Steph and the others are building. I commute from Hawaii, so I don't want to upset those TSA folks with heavy duty equipment in my luggage. Smile.
Good way to recycle the tree ----------helping to keep us warm.
<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_185866", true); </SCRIPT>

Bill
01-19-2009, 08:40 PM
Bren, I'm sorry to hear about your friend Jack. Whenever I'm around our bon-fire, I feel closer to those that we've lost. I know that Jack and all of our other Angels are there with us. Now, as for the outhouse.....I'm sorry, but I cannot allow it. Any outhouse that is erected by day will become part of the bonfire the following night. If we have an outhouse, then everyone will want a light in it, and then running water to it, and then the next thing you know, people will be erecting small shacks around the campfire to sit in in case of inclement weather, and before long, some wise-guy will build a really nice shack on a cement slab and build a fireplace in it and nobody will tend to the bonfire and it will go out,,,,,,,,,,. I'm sorry, but no out-houses. I haven't mentioned this before, but there is a stream about 20 yards east of here. I have set up a small fishing camp along the bank at about 150 degrees on the compass. Another trail hits the stream at about 30 degrees. My idea- the ladies have the northern trail and the men have the southern trail. If you see a man on the northern trail, Brenda has my permission to "wing" him with her BB gun. Whenever a man has to answer the call of Nature, he must clearly announce, "I feel a need to go check our fishing lines" and then he simply walks down the southern trail. The women must come up with an excuse to take the northern trail, and do likewise. Maybe something like, "so-and-so, I think I dropped my lip-stick on the northern trail, can you please help me come look for it?" or something like that. If we allow an out-house, everything would change.

StephN
01-19-2009, 11:23 PM
Actually, Bill, my idea of digging a hole with a tarp in front of it was much more primitave than a full-fledged "privy" with a crescent moon in the door and everything.
Just the next thing to that "dark place" my grandpa used to mention ...

Nothing that would start to take away from our atmosphere of warmth and love set in wild nature.

Terri B
01-20-2009, 07:07 AM
Man, it's cold this morning!! I'm blowing in my hands and doing a freaky-deaky dance to keep warm!

There is a big tree and some branches that fell after that ice storm last week. I need some help carrying them up here! After I get warm here, it will be off to the radiologist for my daily shake & bake!

ElaineM
01-20-2009, 03:20 PM
Okay Bill. You are a man. You don't "get it".
I am not hiking along the river in the dark.
I am going to stay warm by the fire.
I am bringing my own portable fold up potty, either that or sitting near Steph and her "comfort station".
Smile.

freyja
01-20-2009, 07:15 PM
Don't be afraid ladies...that's why we're here!!! Besides, this is a VIRTUAL campfire. It doesn't have to be cold here if we think it warm. Heck we don't even have to go pee here if we don't think about it. All we need to do here is feel confident, caring and compassionate for each other and free from obstacles and suffering for these moments we're together by the fire. Our collective mind is a very powerful thing.

vickie h
01-20-2009, 07:23 PM
Well said, Freyja! It's always warm here and I've never had to pee (not here, anyway). Love, Vickie

Bill
01-21-2009, 09:47 AM
Hey, if this is a 'virtual' campfire, can I have some 'virtual' common sense? Boy, that would be great. Then I could be vastly out-numbered by a large group of woman and realize that I wasn't going to talk them into or out of anything. Ok, ladies, I brought the shovel. I'll dig the hole and help string the tarp, if you like, but then I've gotta run down to the river and check my fishing lines. Keep the fire going!

ElaineM
01-21-2009, 03:43 PM
Thanks Bill !!!
Nature calls even in the virtual world. Smile.
I am warming my hands by the fire. Humm. Nice !!

freyja
01-21-2009, 04:49 PM
One of my favorite bluegrass/country songs you might enjoy.

I've lived a lot in my time

I once had a mansion and lived in my glory but now I'm down to my last dime
I once had a sweetheart but I was unfaithful oh I've lived a lot in my time
I fought the grim reaper down in the dark valley I prayed when the sun wouldn't shine
I've looked through the bars of a cold lonely prison oh I've lived a lot in my time

I've been a soldier and I've been a rambler I once thought that everything was fine
I've put in the cornfields I've picked in the cotton yes I've lived a lot in my time
I've walked with our Master down in the dark valley and wonderful peace I did find
Someday I'll journey to Eden's green pastures yes I've lived a lot in my time

hutchibk
01-21-2009, 07:08 PM
I think a hole in the ground with a tarp is a good idea for 'duty' - but I am a tree tinkler from way back... I just hate where the little twigs on the lower branches sometimes 'end' up, pun intended.

ElaineM
01-21-2009, 09:12 PM
Just dropped by to make sure there are enough logs for the fire. Nice song
freyja (http://her2support.org/vbulletin/member.php?u=3018)<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_185963", true); </SCRIPT>

Bill
01-22-2009, 04:45 PM
Celeste, great song! You can sing it while Lee plays his six-string and I prance around and play my harmonica. (I once woke up with a very sore neck and couldn't figure out why. "well, you dumbass", Nicola said, "you pranced around that fire and played that harmonica for five and a half hours. It was an awesome show, but you should've taken a break now and then") And Hucklebuck, as we all know, you gotta watch out for the poison ivy. Without getting into too much detail, as a young man I once kissed my girl goodbye and went out on a week-long trip into "outback" and on day four developed an "inflammatory/burning/itching" problem. I tend to be rather chatty, believe it or not, but on day five I was quiet, too quiet, and 'twitchy'. One of my companions noticed this and inquired. I said, "man, I think I got something". "Like what, are you sick or what?" "No, I think it might be worse", I whispered. "you're not impotent, are you?" he said. "No, just the opposite.......I'm pretty sure I've got IT! and now I'm ruined!" "Man, what the heck are you talking about?!" I hung my head, and described my symptoms and fears, and my buddy busted out laughing, "You dumbass! Ya got poison ivy, that's all!" So, y'all be careful. I haven't seen any around here yet, but I know it's out there!

freyja
01-22-2009, 05:40 PM
Yup, I can see it now. The HER2 band at the annual HER2 summer camp! Anyone have a good sight idea? Oregon's got great campgrounds, but someplace like Colorado is central to most states. Just a thought ;)

Bill
01-22-2009, 06:46 PM
Hey.....that is not a bad idea, Celeste. An her2 site group campout. (and Steph, the more I read your post, the more I like it. "a hole with a trap in front of it". Who knows what we could trap and roast up!) A little cold here, I'm gonna chuck a few more logs on the fire....

StephN
01-22-2009, 07:26 PM
Bill - get your eyes checked. That was "tarp" rather than "trap" - but have it whichever way makes you happy. The trap idea might not be conducive for Ms. Hutch to stow that pea shooter.

Regarding a camp site - I think in the current economy a lot of people will be taking cheaper vacations such as camping. Just mentioning that if we want to reserve something, ought to do it soon as the best ones fill up early.

hutchibk
01-23-2009, 08:08 PM
tinkle tinkle tinkle...

hutchibk
01-23-2009, 08:08 PM
You better not be looking, Bill - and Lee...

ElaineM
01-24-2009, 08:43 PM
All that liquid from that delicious hot chocolate and soothing hot tea !! So great !!
If we plan a real camp out let's go some place where they have "comfort stations" or rustic cabins with indoor plumbing, so we won't have to build our own facilities, find a tree in need of liquid nourishment or have to hike along a river every time nature calls. Smile.

harrie
01-25-2009, 01:11 AM
Hi ya all!!~
Just found out about this firepit going!! Awesome!!! I absolutely LOVE fire pits! Move over guys...I want to snuggle in here!!
Music....will bring out the guitar. Music is good for the soul...
HarrieCanarie...

ElaineM
01-25-2009, 04:38 PM
Always room for more people. Please join us !! You are so right. Music is good for the soul. We have had some music from time to time. Be sure to try some of Bill's hot chocolate.

hutchibk
01-25-2009, 07:30 PM
Especially when he adds the Kahlua to it!

harrie
01-25-2009, 11:44 PM
Oh yes....kalua and hot choc....good company...nice fire....what could be better!!

Jackie07
01-26-2009, 12:39 AM
Watch out! It's Chinese New Year - Year of the Ox - supposed to be a prosperous year!) I am going to throw some firecrackers into the campfire... Can you hear the 'cracking' sound? Gotta celebrate it with all my kinfolks that constitute 1/5 of the world population :)

And yes, you are supposed to toast (even if it's just a 'sip') everyone on the New Year's Eve dinner table. The only way to get away from the drinking duty is to pour it to the ground and say that you are toasting to the ancestors or the Earth God.

harrie
01-26-2009, 04:29 PM
Jackie.....KUNG HEI FAT CHOI!!
(Hope this is close to being correct...)
Maryanne

harrie
01-26-2009, 04:33 PM
BTW, I love my marshmallows crispy golden on the outside, charred is just fine too.Then I eat the crust and then re-roast the same marshmallow. Sometimes I even get to re-roast it one more time.
I have white marshmallows, strawberry, and chocolate in my kitchen cabinet. The white is still my favorite though.

Sometimes I stick a piece in chocolate inside the marshmallow and then roast it.

HarrieCanarie

freyja
01-26-2009, 07:56 PM
Wow, Harrie, you are a marshmellow professional! I'm sitting by you at s'more time. The chocolate in the marshmellow...that's pure genious.

Happy Ox Day.

If anyone's around at 7:30 am PST Wed. I'll be in surgery so send the warmth of the fire my way.

Love, Celeste

vickie h
01-26-2009, 08:08 PM
Celeste, 7:30 Wed. morn on my calendar for you. Though I think I'll start praying now with the others at the campfire to get a head start. When you awake from the anesthesia, we'll be there with Harrie's thrice roasted, chocolate filled marshmallows. The picture made me chuckle, here...let me wipe that leftover marshmallow off your cheek.
Throwing another log on and picking up my mandolin. Get ready....Will the circle be unbroken...bye and bye Lord...bye and bye...
Much love, Vickie

ElaineM
01-26-2009, 08:34 PM
Hey the chocolate inside the marshmallow is a great idea !!
Celeste,
7:30am PST is really 5:30am Hawaii time. I don't know about harrie, but I am still in dreamland at that time, but I will be sure to keep you in my thoughts after your surgery, so that your recovery will go well or before I go to bed on Tuesday, so that the surgery itself will go well.

harrie
01-26-2009, 11:12 PM
Celeste, we will all be mesmerized by the fire and keeping you right there with us the entire time of your surgery. Our group love and thoughts will keep you safe and sound.

Firepit partying is one of my family's favorite things to do. All ages enjoy the fires. We have a pretty big yard so bon fires are easy. My husband constructed this firepit lined with bricks. Sometimes guitars and ukuleles are brought out for some good-time music by the fire.

HarrieCanarie

schoolteacher
01-27-2009, 05:43 AM
Celeste,

I live in Georgia, so I will put some wood on the fire three hours early for you. I will begin praying for you early.

Amelia

ElaineM
01-27-2009, 09:03 PM
Just dropping by to warm up and enjoy some fellowship on a cool evening.

Freya's Loving Family
01-28-2009, 12:13 PM
Freya is in her surgery at the moment and we all anticipate a quick and strong recovery towards NED. I just wanted to stop by and throw on some fresh cedar sprigs a bit of redwood and a touch of sage.
Thank you all for your support for her. She has gained a lot of strength from this site and your company. This camp fire gives her more than virtual warmth. It is a great thing you do here and I am touched by all of your dedication to each other and your personal struggles. I wish you all the best!

Freyja's Loving Family
01-28-2009, 12:15 PM
And by freya I mean Freyja and I mean Celeste oops :)

Shobha
01-28-2009, 01:01 PM
Dear Celeste,

You have been on thoughts all morning. My prayers and good wishes for speedy recovery and NED status!

love,
shobha

ElaineM
01-28-2009, 02:33 PM
Freya's Loving Family,
Thanks for stopping by to update us. Be sure to tell her to come and join us after she feels better.

Bill
01-28-2009, 07:06 PM
Freyja's Family! Welcome! Thanks for joining us around the bon-fire and keeping us posted. Please let Celeste know that we've pulled up a special chair close to the fire for her, with a warm blanket and a pillow for her to snuggle against.

Jackie07
01-28-2009, 10:09 PM
Welcome, Freyja's family - now you are also part of the big family here. Be sure to send her our love. The next couple of days she could feel some discomfort. Be sure to take the pain medicine on time.

harrie
01-28-2009, 11:51 PM
Welcome from me too, Freyja's Family! So good to hear from you!
Please tell Freyja, that we are holding her seat by us waiting for her return.
Wishing her well.....

schoolteacher
01-29-2009, 05:43 AM
Glad to hear from Celeste's family about her.

Amelia

freyja
01-29-2009, 07:24 PM
Howdy folks,
I'm back, new and improved. Thanks for holding down the fort. Glad you heard from my hubby...so sweet. Good thing he eventually noticed he spelled my screen name wrong! He gave me your messages when I awoke. Thank you so much. You've all made this so much easier.
Thanks for the cozy seat! I'll give it up for Laurie when she brings the new baby! I'm gonna "kick" a log on the fire for her and everyone here.
I'm so relieved to be through the hard part. I was always told I was a warrior. Now I feel like one and have the scars to prove it.
Love, C

vickie h
01-29-2009, 08:42 PM
And beautiful warrior scars those are, Celeste! Thinking of you tonight and gathering some of your strength (maybe we can bottle it) for the roads ahead. I'm so thankful you are doing well and that we have heard from you. Your family has been wonderful here by the campfire...and now here you are, all together. The fire burns sweeter and warmer now. Love, Vickie

Colleens_Husband
01-29-2009, 08:44 PM
Look up into the night sky and you can see the moon and Jupiter together. It looks like someone is smiling and winking at you. The universe is smiling at you at letting you know everything is going to be allright.

ElaineM
01-29-2009, 09:09 PM
Welcome back Celeste !! Bring your family to the campfire anytime they want to come. Take care and eat healthy, so you can get stronger every day.

harrie
01-29-2009, 11:33 PM
Lee, went out tonight to pick some lettuce for our salad and I saw the moon and Jupiter alone together in the sky! Was a beautiful sight!

Celeste....good to have you back with us again. You did it! You are great, you are tough, and you are beautiful!!

ElaineM
01-31-2009, 09:16 PM
Is the lettuce the lettuce you started planting when we all started spring gardens?
Can you please bring a nice big salad from your garden the next time you join the campfire?
Let's have a pot luck party at the campfire.

Bill
01-31-2009, 09:36 PM
Are you sure it's Jupiter? I thought it was Venus, but I don't know that much about stuff like that.

harrie
02-01-2009, 01:47 AM
I have really no idea if it was Jupiter or another planet. All I know is I saw the moon and one planet. Whatever it was...it was nice. I just said Jupiter because that is what Lee said.

And yes Elaine, that it is from the veg garden that I started in the spring.
we have expanded to: bellpeppers, won bok, several types of lettuce, tomatoes, snap peas, soy beans, string beans, spinach, grn onion, cukes, basil, and who knows what else....

ElaineM
02-01-2009, 11:33 AM
Oh boy Maryanne you are the champion gardener over there in Hilo. Just add rice and you have the whole meal !!
Our campfire burns so brightly and our strong spirits shine so much light nobody can tell what is in the sky.
That is okay !! We are here warm by the fire and that is what matters after all.

Jackie07
02-01-2009, 02:35 PM
Anybody familiar with the story of 'stone soup'?

Well, I just put a huge, big pot on top of the camp fire - with plenty of water and a big, shining stone. Let's see, I can use all the vegies Maryanne and Elain just mentioned. It will taste so good if I could just have some kind of spices...

freyja
02-01-2009, 03:49 PM
Hi friends,
I'm here in my lounge chair, ready for a nap! I feel great, except for these drains. They should be taken out in a couple more days and I'll be ready to start gardening and add to the soup. For now I'm just observing the world from my little nest here barking orders at people. Thanks for the entertainment.
Love, C

Jackie07
02-01-2009, 05:52 PM
The Stone Soup Legend

There exists a tale, handed down from times long ago, of two travelers on a pilgrimage. Hungry and tired from a long day’s journey, they come to a small, impoverished, medieval village, where they decide to rest by the side of the road.

One of the travelers builds a small fire, upon which he places a large pot, while the other, having drawn water from the town well, fills the pot and places into the vessel a simple stone. As the two men sit by the fire, bringing their "stone soup" to a boil, the local villagers become inquisitive of the curious antics of these strangers. Eventually, several townsfolk decide to investigate the matter and approach the two travelers to engage them in conversation.

Shortly thereafter, there is heard the sound of merriment, as the visitors, who turn out to be quite friendly, share their tales of the lands and people they have met throughout their journey and pilgrimage with the local villagers.

Finally, a young boy asks the travelers "But why, pray thee, are you boiling a stone?"

One of the pilgrims replies, "So we may eat stone soup."

"It must be terribly bland!" says an old woman. "But I have a cabbage, which will add some flavor!"

"And I, some carrots, which will add color!" says another villager.

"Some potatoes!", offers another, until, shortly, by the contribution of a little by many, a hearty stew was made, upon which the entire village and the weary pilgrims dined... and while doing so, shared their tales, talents, and camaraderie throughout the night.

The very next day, the travelers (who by now could be called "strangers" no more), continued their journey, leaving the little town, and its people, behind. But the villagers never forgot them, and the lesson they had learned. In fact, during the hardest of times, in such a time as this tale, that little village thrived, because the townsfolk never forgot how to make "stone soup".

Such is the legend of the "Stone Soup Story".

[A Swedish fairytale posted on a Japanese website: <www.kousi.gr.jp/kousi/syoukai/<WBR>hp-siryou/<WBR>stone-soup.html (http://www.kousi.gr.jp/kousi/syoukai/hp-siryou/stone-soup.html)>]

ElaineM
02-01-2009, 08:40 PM
What a beautiful story Jackie !! We need stone soup.
The nourishment of the stone soup, the warmth of the fire, the lights of our spirits and the flames and the fellowship of each other is a great combination.
Enjoy all the TLC while you can Celeste.

harrie
02-01-2009, 10:44 PM
Celeste, enjoy the pampering and relaxation because before you know it you will be back to running around like crazy!!
I know what you mean by the drains. But....to look on the other side of the coin....at least it can be a gentle reminder that for now, it is ok to be pampered and you should enjoy it. You deserve it.
BTW, it is really nice having you back at the fire with us.

juanita
02-02-2009, 01:30 PM
i'd like a nice warm campfire right now. i am so sick of snow and winter.

Bill
02-02-2009, 04:48 PM
Thanks, Jackie! What a nice story. Here's some fresh oregano for the pot.

Laurel
02-02-2009, 05:33 PM
I had my exchange today with new soft, yes really soft, silicone implants. Oh! They are soooo nice looking! I hope they stay this squishy and comfortable. I am so very grateful to have new girls! Thank God for my smart, young (I didn't know whether to trust him or burp him when I first laid eyes on the boy!!!) plastic surgeon who spent all those years studying to give women their breasts back. I feel whole again!

Please throw several choice logs on the fire. I would, but I am not supposed to lift more than 10lbs. Yeah, that won't last long, my kitty weighs nearly 15lbs! Anyway, maybe we could blaze up the fire a bit and dance around it in celebration of my new girls?

StephN
02-02-2009, 09:47 PM
Yes, Laurel -
Dance and we will do the log heaving.
Feeling "whole" is a big part of getting on with our pshchological healing. You and TerriB must have the same "foobs."

vickie h
02-02-2009, 10:46 PM
Congrats, Laurel. Ahhh, foobs...I remeber them well. I'm dancing along with you...one foob and all. Hahaha Love, Vickie

Terri B
02-03-2009, 07:30 AM
OH Laurel! Congrats!!

I know!! Aren't they WONDERFUL???

My right one is getting fried right now, though. I'm a little worried, but only have 9 tx left. Hopefully it will survive!

Tossing some pine needles on the fire. Makes it smell really nice!

Laurel
02-03-2009, 09:16 AM
Thanks, Everyone!

Oh I am so happy with these new gals. The expanders felt like I was wearing a whale-boned corset around my chest. They just were not comfortable at all! It amazes me how much better I feel! I'm still dancing.....

freyja
02-03-2009, 11:39 AM
I'll dance with you all with my new flat chest and my drains swirling like a hula skirt!

Jackie07
02-03-2009, 04:01 PM
I think I've asked the question one time - perhaps not on the forum: "Would it be considered 'nude' and thus 'immoral' when a woman without breasts bares her chest in public?"

Just a curious thought I had after my bilateral mastectomy. Don't worry, I will not try it. I wasn't here during Women's liberation movement. I am also not a member of the nudist colony. :)

Terry, are you using any kind of cream for the skin? My doctor gave me some sample cream during radiation and it helped. It's called 'Betamide Lotion: urea and lactic acid moisturizing lotion'.

[Correction (2/5/09): I think the Betamide Lotion was given for my cracked fingertips - sorry for my injured, chemoed brain. Recalled what Einstein and his proteges stated in the movie 'IQ': "Time does not exist" - I am having attention defecit disorder here - He also said 'God does not play dice...]

schoolteacher
02-03-2009, 04:33 PM
Laurel,

I am happy for you. Maybe at some point, you have inspired me to get me some new gals.

Amelia

Terri B
02-04-2009, 07:39 AM
Jackie, interesting question.

I think if there are no "nips" then it shouldn't be considered lewd or illegal. But who knows? Women can't breast feed in public without someone getting their panties wadded up.

Yes, I have creams. Using them. I'm in the homestretch tho. 3 more regulars and 5 boosts.

I'll take a sharpie marker, draw on some nips and dance around the campfire. Who's gonna arrest me? :D

Colleens_Husband
02-04-2009, 08:45 AM
I hesitate to bring this up, mostly because there are some things that you could get in trouble for just for knowing the facts, but in Oregon, women who have had mastectomies can go topless in public as long as they aren't lewd or sexually suggestive. So there you have it. Breasts are okay, it's the nipples that are naughty.

So now I'll go crawl back under my rock.

Evil Lee

StephN
02-04-2009, 11:17 AM
So, does that mean you won't be getting the tattoos to complete the foob job?

Maybe we will have to designate our campsite an "official BC tribal area" so we are allowed to have ceremonies and be topless like in Africa and other parts of the world, where clothes are not mandatory! Not forgetting European beaches!

harrie
02-04-2009, 03:36 PM
Well if we want to go topless and dance around the fire, guess you all need to come on over here so the silicones dont end up frozen solid! Or the nipples freeze off!!
Laurel, congrats on your girls!! ARen't they the greatest!! I love mine!! I finally have breasts that I never had in my life. I look at them as an added bonus for all that I went through.

ElaineM
02-05-2009, 06:24 AM
Just dropped by to warm up by the fire and throw an extra log on, but this seems like you guys are having a private conversation, so I won't stay long.

vickie h
02-05-2009, 10:51 AM
It's raining! Yea! Putting on three more logs to amp up this fire and dry our clothes out. Starting some moroccan vegetable soup and roasted yukon golds. Think I'll sit for awhile to see who ventures by. Love, Vickie

Believe51
02-05-2009, 12:42 PM
Hey Vickie, here I am rearing to help you with the food. Where do you want me to start?? Ooooo I love how you cook!>>Believe51

Jackie07
02-05-2009, 12:51 PM
Stopping by because of the black smoke - so it was caused by the wet logs... Guess I'll try some of vickie's cooking. (Don't worry, I brought my own utensils :)

Believe51
02-05-2009, 01:54 PM
Whew.......Thought I was burning more than the midnight oil. Could you imagine the look on Vickie's face if it was me burning her soup?? Here I am trying to help. I am going to be careful anyway.>>Believe51

PS: Me Hungry!

ElaineM
02-05-2009, 04:35 PM
Yumm. The moroccan vegetable soup sounds good. What's in it? Here I have some extra veggies we can use. I asked a friend to "pick up a few things" for me from the health food store yesterday. She came back with bags and bags of wonderful, fresh, healthy things. I have been repackagaing, chopping, washing, cooking and freezing all morning. I can only eat so much in one day, no matter how healthy it is. When I cook like this I put half in the freezer for a future meal. I would love to share some fresh veggies with you all at the campfire.

harrie
02-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Hey guys!...(squint, squint)...think we need to shift our seats here! The smoke from the wet logs getting in my eyes!!

vickie h
02-05-2009, 07:08 PM
Here we sit...Elaine, Marie, Ed, Harrie and Jackie eating soup and dodging that black smoke. Elaine, the vegies are terrific and the night sky is clearing. Marie, did you bring the cookies? I smelled them baking all the way from your house.....Oh look! A shooting star! I love you all, Vickie

freyja
02-05-2009, 09:21 PM
Did somebody say..."cookies?"

harrie
02-05-2009, 11:46 PM
Ok you guys...I am feeling really good here around the campfire. Lets all close our eyes for 15 secs and think.....group hug......

chrisy
02-06-2009, 09:26 AM
Oh, am I too late for the group hug?

Here's another stick for the fire, and some pistachio nut shells. i just love it how they smolder and smolder then burst into flame.

Believe51
02-06-2009, 11:08 AM
Never too late. Let's try it again. Here goes.....ahhhhhh. Love you>>Believe51

ElaineM
02-06-2009, 11:21 AM
Count me in on the group hug.

vickie h
02-06-2009, 12:29 PM
Now that waa a HUG...thanks, I needed that. Love muchly, Vickie

harrie
02-06-2009, 10:33 PM
Chrisy, for you,...never too late!!!
Here goes everyone.......HHUUUUUUUUUUgggggg......!!!!
And what an idea you have...pistachio nut shells on the fire!!

StephN
02-06-2009, 11:11 PM
Hug gently, as we should have a new baby here to give welcoming hugs to! Laurie is still resting ...

hutchibk
02-07-2009, 01:11 PM
oops - hugged a little too hard and smushed the cookies I was hoarding in my pocket... oh well, no harm no foul.

ElaineM
02-07-2009, 05:08 PM
We heard the cookies smash in your pocket. Hee Hee
Smile !!
Where is the nearest Girl Scout Troop, so we can get some more cookies?
Bring Laurie's baby near the nice warm campfire to warm up and so all the her2 aunties can give him a hug.

hutchibk
02-09-2009, 12:30 AM
I'm back with a new bag of Chips Ahoy... got milk?

harrie
02-09-2009, 12:35 AM
Oh yes Brenda, would you like your milk plain, with chocolate, or with kahlua?

freyja
02-09-2009, 09:20 AM
Can we all just take a great big deep breath in and blow out all the fear and pain? .....
Thanks.

ElaineM
02-09-2009, 02:54 PM
Good idea. We can do that. Okay everybody. Put down the cookies, chips and drinks. Take a deep breath in, hold for a few seconds and breathe out.
We have done that a thousand times for medical professionals. Now we have a new reason for doing it.

chrisy
02-09-2009, 03:15 PM
ahh....that felt good.

I could just do that all day....

breathe in...
breathe out...
breathe in...
breathe out...

Oh look, if you stare directly into the flames, really in to them, you can see flicks of green flame...

brenda, can you please pass me a cookie?

And harrie, I brought some baileys irish creme...

StephN
02-09-2009, 06:05 PM
Hi -
Snowed here last night and more predicted later. That campfire really feels good! Here are some pine cones from our stand of douglas firs (you know - here in the misty woods).

Not to be a spoil sport, but I have my mug of detox tea and some Newman's Own Ginger Cookies. The bedtime snacks ya know!

Bill
02-09-2009, 07:29 PM
Scoot over, Steph, let me join you with my cup of Earl Grey. It's good to sip on a cool night like this one. Sorry I'm a little quiet tonight. It's just nice being here with y'all.

vickie h
02-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Hey Steph, Can I have one of those Ginger-O's...they're my favorite. Think I'll brew up some Kukicha twig tea and join the rest of you. Throwing in some more pine cones and I brought some chestnuts to roast. ohhhh, so toasty warm here. I'm staying all night....Love, Vickie

ElaineM
02-09-2009, 09:05 PM
I have a thermos of soothing mint tea. Anybody want a cup? Those ginger o's sound good. Humm.
Time to crawl in my sleeping bag for a nice warm nap
near the campfire.

Jackie07
02-09-2009, 10:02 PM
Elaine is asleep - I can't drink tea this late because it will keep me awake, so I start nibbling some of the ginger-Os that are laying around the fire.

Well, that made me drowsy... time for bed, Good-night.
(Sweet dreams and I'll see you guys in the morning...)

hutchibk
02-09-2009, 10:41 PM
Oooo - ginger cookies and hot tea - hmmmm, here Chrisy, you watch over the Chips Ahoy for a while, I'm scooting next to Steph. At least until Harrie pours some Kahlua in my milk...

harrie
02-10-2009, 12:21 AM
Two of my absolute FAVORITEs.....Ginger cookies and fresh roasted chestnuts!!!

Breathing time for me......
ooooooooooooooooooooooo....AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH......
Yes, just what I needed.... thanks, good idea Frejya!

Believe51
02-10-2009, 07:49 AM
Should I be hyperventilating (hahaha)?? Quick, someone pass me a chestnut! Where is Joy, I made her a latte??>>Believe51

ElaineM
02-10-2009, 01:51 PM
I'm awake now. I was so tired I slept all night. Hey you guys ate all the food while I was asleep!! I'll go get some breakfast after I breathe in and out a couple times. I'll be back in awhile.

ElaineM
02-11-2009, 11:35 AM
Throwing a log on the fire and leaving a snack for whoever drops by.

Believe51
02-11-2009, 11:58 AM
Elaine thanks for bringing snacks for us, especially since we ate all the food. You are surely one of a million. I hurried over here so I could replenish our food source and just saw what you took over. Anyone for vegetarian chili?? It is my own recipe and it is slamming.>>Believe51

schoolteacher
02-11-2009, 01:07 PM
I would love to share vegetarian chile with all of you by the fire.

Amelia

Believe51
02-11-2009, 01:29 PM
Oh Amelia, you are going to love it. I also made some whole grain chips to go with it, a rather healthy chip too. It is 67 degrees here today but it is always a good day for my chili, per Ed that is.

I have taken some stories with me so I can read you all to sleep tonight. Logs are handy for later.>>Believe51

PS: Sussshhh, Hucklebuck has not spoke of that gun lately. Seems like most my fears are gone now...tehehe!

schoolteacher
02-11-2009, 01:33 PM
The stories will be nice Marie. I have been having some problems getting enough sleep lately.

Please tell the Mighty Oak to come to the fire and participate.

Amelia

ElaineM
02-11-2009, 03:21 PM
Oh boy !! The vegetarian chili is great !! Here is a little hot rice to go with it. We eat chili with rice in Hawaii.
Care to share the recipe? I am vegetarian.
It would be good to have Mighty Oak join us by the fire.

sassy
02-11-2009, 08:34 PM
Just wanted to sit and enjoy the smell of a wood fire...

...and maybe a little of Marie's chile and chips (they sound wonderful!), and some of Elaine's rice, and some of the ginger cookies ,and the chips ahoy, and chestnuts, and maybe Chrisy will share her Bailey's, and Harrie will share her Kahlua, and we can have mudslides....

Maybe I'd better just enjoy the smell of a wood fire....

harrie
02-11-2009, 11:38 PM
Ok....getting my pillow and blanket and will be ready for those nighttime stories!! Its not gonna be ghost stories will it???!!

Believe51
02-12-2009, 08:25 AM
Harrie, do not fear for there are no ghost stories here because I think cancer is scary enough. Besides, I know how you feel about them (wink). I have a few errands to run today before I settle in for the night but will tell you your story when I am thought. I am going to wait until everyone finishes their food.>>Believe51

freyja
02-12-2009, 06:23 PM
My son and I came up with a good one together. What do you call a dinosaur that eats marshmallows?....

A Dino-s'more!

Believe51
02-13-2009, 07:37 AM
Believe51??? Both answers would surfice to me.......tehehe>>Marie

ElaineM
02-13-2009, 11:23 AM
ha ha. Cute answer Celeste.
Here is some Nishime (Japanese dish). I made a big pot, but I made too much for me, so I am going to share it with you guys.

vickie h
02-13-2009, 05:20 PM
Elaine, that is my favorite....save some for me, I'm on my way! I.m bringing a deck of cards and some board games to play tonight. But first comes Elaine's delicious japanese food...Yum! Love, Vickie PS Happy Valentines to everyone.

ElaineM
02-13-2009, 10:05 PM
Hurry !! There is only a little Nishime left.
We will enjoy the cards after we eat, before we do our breathing exercises and before we throw our fears into the fire.

vickie h
02-13-2009, 11:16 PM
I'm here at the campfire, wrapped in blankets and watching the warm flames as they dance and send embers into the night sky. I love being with all of you, eating elaine's food, drinking in your friendship and tossing my fears into that glowing pit. thank you for bneing here with me tonight. It has left me deep in thought and I wanted to share my thoughts with you while we are all together.

During some of my darker days with inflammatory breast cancer and then again when diagnosed with mets, including my 3 hospital adventures, I have found some comforting and grounding thoughts in a couple books:
Cancer as a Turning Point by Lawrence LeShan, PhD , and Close to the Bone, Life-threatening Illness as a Soul Journey by Jean Shinoda Bolen, MD., as well as numerous others (The Buddha in Your Mirror, The Journey, When Things Fall Apart, Learning to Fall, to name a few).

I learned that letting all the love around you actually come in - (when we get scared sometimes we feel so defensive we can't stay open to the healing power of love)- can bring a wonderful sense of peace, ease, and acceptance to the worst, most fearful, dark hours.

I think that there is no escaping fear and tears and suffering... that they are an unavoidable part of this journey, and that using too much energy denying the truth of that while always attempting to be the positive, uncomplaining heroine can be destructive. It is getting stuck there in the dark place that is not good. We may have to go there, but perhaps we don't have to live there, or from there.

A few years ago I realized that Cancer/Fear/Mortality/Etc had come to reside at the center of my person and affected and perhaps directed everything else in my life. Once I recognized that, I decided to move that weight, that burden, that suffering, away from the center. I knew it would not go away, but sometimes I hefted it up onto my shoulders, sometimes I dragged it along beside me, sometimes I could compact it into a very small package I carried with me in my purse or pocket. It was always there with me and I chose not to avoid it.
Yet, It was at that turning point that it became a part of my life, a real part, just not the whole center of my being. And once I was able to do that, I could live so much more fully, and have a sense of Being that was satisfying and joyful.
>
> I hope this can help us all.
>
> My Love flows deeply for you, my friends, Vickie

Jackie07
02-13-2009, 11:33 PM
So beautifully said, Vickie. "'Love' keeps us together."
"Without love,..." and my favorite "Love never fails" come to mind.

My love flows for you, too. (And for everyone else.)

Mary Anne in TX
02-14-2009, 05:13 AM
I do think that cancer seeks to dwell at the center of our being. I have been reading Rachel Remen's Kitchen Table Wisdom and loving how it makes be stop and think and feel. It's about the best thing I've read in so long. I too had found myself staying way to long in that place where cancer was the purpose and guidance for all. I am reading this book so differently than I do most. As an ol' librarian who used to read a book fast and furiously so I could get it on the shelf, this is a wonderful turtle's pace! I read a few pages and spend the day taking in Rachel's wisdom and latest story. Having lived with a therapist for so long, I had shied away from "advice" books during the past 3 years, but find this one marvelous.
I love coming to the campfire to visit. It takes me to another place in time and space. We've had very warm weather of late and it seems our winter was only 3 days this year. And I love nothing better than a fire with friends.
Add another marshmellow, will ya?

ElaineM
02-14-2009, 01:04 PM
Thanks for sharing the book with us at the campfire.

ElaineM
02-15-2009, 04:14 PM
Just dropping by to warm up and throw a log onto the fire to keep it going. Does anyone else have good books with wisdom to share with us?

Bill
02-15-2009, 08:18 PM
Hi Gang! How's everyone doing tonight? Lemme poke the fire a bit.....Elaine, and all, it might not be quite what you were thinking, but one of my favorites has always been, "The Prophet", by Kahlil Gibran. It's one of two books I carry in my survival pack.

ElaineM
02-15-2009, 08:33 PM
Hey Bill,
I read that when I was a student at the University of Hawaii. Please share your reflections of the book.

Jackie07
02-15-2009, 11:04 PM
Yah, Big Brother Bill, please share your view with us. I read it in college also - the translated copy (in Chinese)was very popular among college students there back then.

I wonder if it is still popular now.

ps. Just curious. What's the other book that you carry in your survival pack?

ElaineM
02-16-2009, 04:00 PM
I'm curious too. Maybe Bill would like to read one or two of his very favorite parts to us around the campfire.

vickie h
02-16-2009, 07:16 PM
Ahhh, c'mon Bill, Read us a story (and make it snappy). Love, Vickie

hutchibk
02-17-2009, 12:59 AM
Bill - I LOVE Kahlil Gibran... more beautiful words have never been written. I turn to his writings for wisdom and comfort constantly.

Sigh - The Prophet and sparkling embers from the campfire. Beautiful.

freyja
02-17-2009, 02:58 PM
I stoke the fire and put some Maple wood on it. Here's some inspiration for you. As a dancer, my hero is Hanya Holm:

"What you are capable of is so marvelous that it is almost impossible to imagine what you could do if you achieved it. Don't say you can never get there. Get as far as you can with a full heart and with full conviction, then try to drive on a little further. To achieve something takes strength. You are not born with that strength, you have to gain it. Don't look at your exercises as something to make your muscles hurt, but as something that will help you to improve yourself. Know that you are a human being, that you are able to take life as it is. Life is not an escape. It is not an excuse. It is not idle cowardliness. You must think, "I can do more this year than I did last year because I have grown meanwhile." Don't dull yourself with copying something or someone, remember that sometimes you absorb much more through your pores than through your head."

vickie h
02-17-2009, 05:37 PM
Very beautifully said. Thank you, Celeste for you inspiring posts.
Love, Vickie ooohhhh, and I love maple wood!

hutchibk
02-17-2009, 07:23 PM
Can I add some piñon to the fire?

ElaineM
02-17-2009, 08:08 PM
Beautiful inspirations everybody. You can add anything to our campfire, except things that cause explosions.
Smile.
We all have something good to share with each other.

Bill
02-17-2009, 09:30 PM
Beautiful words, Celeste. Jackie, the other Book I carry in my pack is one of my Bibles. A few years ago, I began carrying some bird seed with me whenever I go out on one of my solo outdoor excursions, (just to see what I could attract and observe, ok, I'm a bird-nerd, all right?) and I considered carrying a Peterson field guide, but I didn't want to turn my survival pack into a book bag, so I drew the line at that one. Luckily, the only birds I observed on that trip were ones that I knew. On day one I had a pesky American bald eagle swooping the front of my kayak while I was trying to nail a gar that kept "sniffing" at one of my lures, and on day two, an osprey kept diving for breakfast right off of my campsite during my "quiet" time at sunrise. That was a pretty cool trip, actually.

harrie
02-17-2009, 11:36 PM
If I was to break out a book from my pack at the campfire, it would be The Art Of Forgiveness, Lovingkindness, and Peace by Jack Kornfield

hutchibk
02-18-2009, 12:37 AM
Laying by the fire in my sleeping bag on my luxurious air mattress with my tempurpedic pillow and cabana boys feeding me grapes, I would choose to read Born Free, Living Free and Forever Free, my favorite tear-jerking true stories of all time.

ElaineM
02-18-2009, 09:29 PM
I can read "Chocolate for a Woman's Soul: 77 Stories to Feed Your Spirit and Warm Your Heart" again and again whenever I feel comfortable in my blanket at night or relaxing in in a lawn chair. I always carry a Reader's Digest in my bag. I do so much reading for my health, but I like inspirational and inspiring works when I have time to relax with a cup of tea.

freyja
02-18-2009, 10:44 PM
Here's some logs for Believe51 and Ed. Anxious to hear from you two.

Believe51
02-19-2009, 01:56 PM
Here I am, Here I am! Thanks for the log, seems the only thing I am burning lately is the midnight oil....Uggh! Do not think that I have not been visiting the campfire, I have. I must make sure you are all behaving, or as I say....being have. Kind of a cute use of improper English I have been saying since I was a small tike. Sometimes I have bouts of sadness that I do not like to share at the fire and I know that is why the fire exists. There are days that I am not as positive as I usually am and do not want that to be contagious. Hope you understand.

Life is good but busy. Last night was a late night and I did think of you all here. The stars were bright in the sky as I went outside to get some air. I made wishes for all of us upon those vibrant stars. The fog rolled in and was thick and heavy, I actually watched it disappear. When it did, I envisioned that it was all the cancer that we are suffering from.

Marie is back to her old self, I have thown in the fears that I have right into that fire. It feels so comforting to come here and feel embraced and secure. I am breathing and awaiting some very important test results. And as mentioned before, I will not hyperventilate again (hahaha).

I brought some homemade pretzels and made some of my special marmarlade for us all. Tonight I will be making fresh bread and rolls. If I need help with baking do you think you could give me a hand?? Even if you are not a top notch baker I could sprinkle some water on your face and splash a bit of flour so it would stick. No one would know the difference! Be our secret. Sshhhh! Love you all>>Believe51

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_13_16.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp= (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb114_&utm_id=7922)

ElaineM
02-19-2009, 05:41 PM
I will help with the baking !! Nothing like hot fresh bread out of the oven. I can smell it already. I promise I won't eat much. I will save some for everybody else.
We can go to the campire after baking and throw our fears into the fire,so they can burn. Then our fears will go with smoke from the fire to heaven where they will disappear.

hutchibk
02-19-2009, 09:03 PM
waiting to hear from the cabana boys - Lee? Bill? A hot buttered rum, please.

harrie
02-20-2009, 12:17 AM
Hey Brenda...I LOVE your new pic!! You look GREAT as usual!!

I read The Prophet many MANY yrs ago. Maybe I should pick it up again.

I am reading Three Cups of Tea right now.

OOoooo, the fresh homemade pretzels sound great!! Maybe I can dip it in my hot choc!

WomanofSteel
02-20-2009, 06:28 AM
Ok Brenda, I remember seeing Born Free when I was younger and I cried my eyes out. I also have read the books, although it was long ago. I must admit that though I have read a fine share of poetry and classic literature I am a sucker for Stephen King books and Patricia Cornwell. So I would probably have one of their books in my pack. Gee Brenda, I wonder if I can lug my tempurpedic mattress out to this fire? Maybe the guys can help.

Believe51
02-20-2009, 09:08 AM
WomanofSteel, I too cried while watching 'Born Free', in fact, to this day I still do whenever I see it. I have never read the book though and would love to read it. Better yet, think Hucklebuck would read it to us?? Stephen King is one of my old time favorites but please do not read any outloud, Harrie would appreciate it. Have you read any of King's poetry??>>Believe51

WomanofSteel
02-20-2009, 09:12 AM
Marie, I like being read to. Lately my books have been audio versions. I take them to treatment with me and they help pass the time. I have never read any of King's poetry, I am curious now and will have to check this out. My fav poet is ee cummings.

Believe51
02-20-2009, 09:24 AM
The book may be hard to find and if you have no luck let me know. I would be glad to send it to you so you could borrow it. Hey, what are friends for?? From one book freak to another..>>Believe51

hutchibk
02-20-2009, 11:51 AM
Perhaps this is my opportunity for a little extra $$ - I can record the Born Free audio books, no? Tears and crying jags included. I'm taking orders... LOL~

Harrie, the pic is of me at the Super Bowl right as the clock expired and the confetti started to fall. It was pretty cool.

Bill
02-20-2009, 04:21 PM
Ok, Brenda, I give in. Do you want green grapes or red/purple, and seedless or with seeds? (That really is a great picture)And yes, WOS, I can help with the mattress lugging.

hutchibk
02-21-2009, 12:56 AM
Well, the red ones (or concord, preferred) have all the resveratrol, so I guess I'll do those! Thanks cabana boy!

Colleens_Husband
02-21-2009, 10:51 AM
Hey Brenda! Are you sure this is in the job description of a cabana boy? It's getting cold and I want to put my clothes back on.

hutchibk
02-21-2009, 11:52 AM
Aww, geez, couldn't you just stand a little closer to the fire?

ElaineM
02-21-2009, 08:57 PM
Put your clothes back on. This is winter. You don't want to catch a bad cold. We would miss you around the campfire and we can't have anybody sneezing and coughing around the campfire. Some of us have compromised immune systems from chemo.

harrie
02-21-2009, 09:23 PM
Wow Brenda!...So that is a pic of you dancing up at the end of the SB game??!! Looks like you are SO HAPPY!! LOVE that pic of you!!! What were you wearing, a bikini top??!!

And also I might want to mention....Brenda, you should be the poster child for someone who has has fought the battle well and has come out looking as beautiful as ever!!

hutchibk
02-22-2009, 11:36 AM
LOL Harrie - no the previous pic was of me at the SB. I took that one down and put up this one of me (with my toupee haha) posing for our 2007 Art Bra Calendar, I was Miss October. But I'm getting a little cold, I think I'll move over closer to the fire with Lee and Bill.

harrie
02-22-2009, 12:31 PM
Oh Brenda THAT is REALLY funny!!! I was thinking, man you must have been celebrating BIG time to be ending up stripping and dancing at the SB!!!

ElaineM
02-22-2009, 08:57 PM
I have been walking in the wind. I came to the campfire to warm up. Does anybody have some hot tea or hot chocolate? I would love a cup right now.

Jackie07
02-22-2009, 09:43 PM
Be careful, the tempreture is dropping tonight. Here's a cup of Hershey's cocoa - natural unsweetened - containing natural antioxidants. Enjoy!

I'm fixing several more cups in case Maryanne, Brenda, or other 'nightstalker' happens by. Brenda definitely needs several cups to stay warm .

ElaineM
02-23-2009, 08:46 AM
Thanks Jackie. The hot chocolate is sooooo good I feel warm all the way to my toes. Some of us from Hawaii just don't tolerate cooler weather as the rest of you guys do.

vickie h
02-23-2009, 10:09 AM
It's still raining here...need a poncho or a lean-to to get under. the hot chocolate is great. I made some with rice milk and almond milk for those who are lacto intolerant... throwing some madrone wood on the fire for color and warmth and tossing in some more fears. Breathe, breathe, breath,
Love, zVickie

hutchibk
02-23-2009, 12:32 PM
Here Cabana Boys - I've made you loin cloths of faux bison skin and wraps of faux rabbit fur/skin... Awwwww, aren't you boys cute. Warmer? Have some hot toddys and take the night off. Right girls? We can fend for ourselves for a night. We'll got a Coc au Vin in the pot on the fire and some hot apple cider in the kettle... sit back and relax, boys.

WomanofSteel
02-23-2009, 05:11 PM
Things are getting kinda kinky around this fire. I like it! May I please have some hot cocoa too?

StephN
02-23-2009, 06:24 PM
What else is getting put into that cocoa??

Should I stick with my herbal teas or switch??

Bill
02-23-2009, 08:15 PM
Hucklebuck? When you say "faux" bison or rabbit fur, do you mean "fake" or painted on? For the record, if it's cold, I demand real fur. Those paint-brushes tickle like hell....I would imagine.

hutchibk
02-23-2009, 10:26 PM
If only I were an artist...

harrie
02-23-2009, 11:45 PM
What do you know..... just happen to have my paint, brushes and feathers handy!! Who's ready??!!!

BTW my BIG BIG NEWSSSSSS!!!!!!! Hey, hey hey...got my biopsy results back from that thing on my back!! The ofc call at noon today at work and the final word is "NO CANCER CELLS"!!!! YA-HOO!!! I was rather worried and now I am SO relieved and I feel like a new dawn has come!!

SO LETS CELEBRATE YA ALL!!!!

YA-YA-YA-YA-YA!!! Thats my celebrating happy yell!!

hutchibk
02-24-2009, 02:00 AM
C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S Harrie!! Now let's get to painting...

freyja
02-24-2009, 04:53 PM
I brought enough for everyone!

Colleens_Husband
02-24-2009, 05:36 PM
How come Bill got the largest furs? This bites!

I think I better find some more wood. I think we are going to need a great big fire tonight.

hutchibk
02-24-2009, 09:33 PM
Don't get jello, Lee - I got you matching ensembles.

Jackie07
02-24-2009, 09:40 PM
Steph:

"Perfectly chocolate" Hot cocoa [Hershey's]calls for milk and sugar, dash salt (I never understand this part) and 1/4 tsp vanilla extract.

Do you know that the Mongolians put milk in their tea? The tea leaves was pressed into a brick-like shape. Before they got on the saddles, they put a chunk of the tea 'brick' into their leather bags that have milk in it. After they rode the horses for a while, the tea was completely mixed with the liquid and ready to drink.

ElaineM
02-25-2009, 03:58 PM
Those practical Mongolians !!
I don't have a horse to ride fast and jump around on, so I will just have to mix things another way.
Green tea anyone?

chrisy
02-25-2009, 04:52 PM
OK, this is the kinkiest campfire since the church camp I went to when I was like 12. I'm afraid to come closer so I'll just lurk back here in the shadows. Hope it doesn't get too cold...but I see that Lee is planning on a big blaze tonight so that's good.

Bill
02-25-2009, 05:33 PM
It's ok, Chris. Brenda and Lee didn't mean anything. They were just funnin'. Come on over here and sit by the fire. It's a cold night and you're creeping everybody out by standing over there in the shadows. Here, let me toss a piece of wood onto the fire for you.

hutchibk
02-25-2009, 05:50 PM
Freya - are those commas or serrano peppers? If they are serranos, I'd like some campfire fajitas, please, with a few peppers sauteed in, on a sizzling platter with a Cotoño Mexicano Coffee!

freyja
02-25-2009, 09:07 PM
Flori's red comma went over so well in the Lani's post thread, I thought I'd spread the love.

Believe51
02-26-2009, 07:37 AM
I have brought some Girl Scouts cookies, not the most healthiest of snacks but if we stick to one or two of the peanut butter sandwich ones we will be safe. The peanut butter was deemed safe to eat. I am sucker for a little girl in a uniform!

I have some sprigs of dried jasmine that I took for Brenda and her boys. That will help them sleep better if she places them under her bed. I have saved some for tea and rice for later.

I have added some more logs to our eternal fire and am now off to get Chrissy out of the woods.>>Believe51

chrisy
02-26-2009, 10:50 AM
Thanks Marie, I feel better now with you to guide me back. and thanks Bill for your reassurance.

I brought some thin mints to share. I think they're a weight loss aid, since they have the word "thin" in them. Of course maybe not if you eat a whole sleeve in 10 seconds.

MMMMMMM

Believe51
02-26-2009, 11:21 AM
Chrissy, that post just made me literally laugh out loud. Boy you do have a habit of doing that to me!!>>Believe51

ElaineM
02-26-2009, 03:11 PM
Here's a thermos of hot tea to go with the cookies.
The wind is blowing cool air. I want to put my gloves on, but I can't drink tea and eat the lunch I brought with me with gloves. Oh well.

ElaineM
02-27-2009, 09:20 PM
Did everybody go home and turn on the central heating instead of sitting by the campfire?

harrie
03-03-2009, 11:09 PM
...I'm still here!....

chrisy
03-04-2009, 07:33 AM
harrie, wake up. here, I'll put another log on and warm up some coffee

harrie
03-04-2009, 10:21 AM
what?what?what?what?

ElaineM
03-04-2009, 11:27 AM
Coffee? Did somebody say "coffee"? I think I could smell it in my sleeping bag. I can't start my day without it. Can I have a cup?

chrisy
03-04-2009, 01:35 PM
Welcome Elaine...Harriecanary and I are on our second pot, so we have to switch to decaf now. But leaded or unleaded, it is nice and hot!

StephN
03-04-2009, 02:44 PM
What happened to the hot chocolate??
Anybody have any - with or without a shot of liqeur?

Just came back from the Dutch bakery. How's lemon poppyseed muffins sound?

Got a chocolate one too that every one will have to draw straws for ...

But first we ought to join hands and have a silent prayer for some of our friends who are not here.

chrisy
03-04-2009, 04:16 PM
My hand is a little cold right now, but I feel it warming up as I clasp yours. As I join you in silent prayers for all our friends, I envision all of us healthy and whole, loved and comforted.

Sheila
03-04-2009, 05:20 PM
Chris
I'll take some of that hot coffee...sure wish Bill would bring some cupcakes to us...
I truly wish this disease would be dashed by the warm fire, unable to ever destroy another spirit.

hutchibk
03-04-2009, 05:23 PM
I'm in on the prayer circle... it's a good time to do a little reflecting. I'm adding my boy tabby Milo to the prayer list. He was dxed this week with lymphoma surrounding his entire stomach. My heart is just mush right now. It's critical kitty care time around my house, and I just pray for him to decline slowly without suffering pain... sigh.

ElaineM
03-04-2009, 09:04 PM
Here's a little hot chocolate Steph. The lemon poppyseed muffins sound great. I also brought some veggie chili for this cook evening.
I was thinking we should remember those who need a few prayers at the campfire. Good idea. We can add Milo to the humans who need prayers.