PDA

View Full Version : glad to be around

juanita
03-08-2006, 04:10 PM
Yesterday was 1 1/2 years since my surgery. Boy am I really glad that I'm still around. And really glad I switched oncs. I never expected to be here because the first onc I had only emphasized the negative numbers that chemo doesn't help. I was only stage 1 but he made it sound as if I was going to die at any time. And at that time I didn't know I had a choice. So those of you who are just starting this journey, the choice is yours. If you don't like the onc for any reason, change dr's.

Sheila
03-08-2006, 04:34 PM
Juanita
Congratulations on your first 1 1/2 years with many more to follow!!! You are so right...it never hurts to get a second opinion, or third, or fourth...it is OUR life we are dealing with.!!!

Becky
03-08-2006, 06:31 PM
Here here. I am also 18 months out.

Best wishes

Becky

Maggie
03-08-2006, 06:54 PM
and.... I'm 20 months out! I can't believe this much time has gone by, already. I also can't believe how much I have learned and am still learning about breast cancer.Maggie

sassy
03-08-2006, 09:09 PM
Congrats!

I am one year out. My first onc did not test me for HER2 and basically told me I would be dead in 10 years. So glad I changed oncs, was tested for HER2, and was given a whole different scenario with Herceptin.

Sassy
________
LIKE_SQUIRTNASTY (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/LIKE_SQUIRTNASTY/)