PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Estrogen BC Treatment Update

Paul
04-20-2004, 09:41 AM
Ask-the-Expert Conference: Hormonal Therapy Updates April 2004 (at www.breastcancer.org)

Dr. Marisa Weiss just released the written transcript from her recently held "Ask-the-Expert" On-Line Conference. The key questions addressed at this conference include:

"Besides tamoxifen are there any other hormonal therapies for pre-menopausal ER/PR-positive node-negative cancers?"

"Which hormonal therapies are effective with estrogen-negative progesterone-positive breast cancer?"

"Are there any definitive studies regarding the long-term effectiveness of hormone therapy in preventing recurrence of breast cancer?"

"I am taking tamoxifen and unable to take Effexor for hot flashes and vitamin E didn't work. Is there something else?"

"I am on tamoxifen and would like to have a blood test to see if I am post-menopausal and can be switched to Arimidex but I do not want to take the chance unless the blood tests are very accurate."

The conference covers many of the topics relevant to anti-estrogen drug treatments in the breast cancer area.