HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Herceptin / Tykerb
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Herceptin / Tykerb Share your experiences or ask questions about Herceptin or Tykerb

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2007, 11:12 AM   #21
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink Dreaded Diarrhea

Bailey, Sorry about all the side effects, but you seem to be on top of ea w/a back up plan. Good for you! That's the way to do it. 1 side effect at a time. Re DIARRHEA -- when I was put on Taxotere (have mets to liver and 4 Adria and 8 CMF) I began the diarrhea thing. Never had an issue in that department before. Docs kept telling me it wasn't coming from Taxotere. I was/am an IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) patient. Thank you very much. I needed this fear of exploding at any given moment to add to my concerns. I hear this girgling noise in my belly and I know I have less than a minute to get myself to a toilet. I have seen numerous Gastro docs, been on numerous drugs. Read up on the Internet about the condition and learned to be on the lookout for "trigger" foods (for me -- nuts, corn, cheese, but can take small amnts of lowfat cheese, chocolate, splenda, sugar, anything greasy or fried -- all the things I love). But the consequences aren't worth eating these things. THEN I FOUND FROM MY NY ONCOL/HEMATOL/NUTRITIONAL EXPERT -- BUY N-WOBENZYM AT THE HEALTH FOOD STORE. TAKE 2 TWICE A DAY, W/A MEAL. MADE ME 90%+ BETTER.

Then a yr later I was put on Effexor (anti-depressant that could stop my hot flashing). That had reached an all-time high. I was post menopausal, age 50 when initially dx in '95. Have been FLASHING since I was forty. I am now 62, THANK YOU GOD AND DR. SLAMON AND ALL MY ONCS AND EVEN NASTY OLD TAXOTERE, BUT ESP HERCEPTIN!!!! Anyway -- the point -- the Effexor did NOT help the flashing BUT -- it has eradicated my IBS. A mystery to be sure. Sometimes I need 1 Imodium. Used to have uncontrollable diarrhea 5 out of 7 days. Used to take 20! Imodium and it didn't help much. When I asked my docs about taking 20, they asked, Then what happens? Then the diarrhea stops and the next day I am normal. No constipation, then, they asked. Never, I said. Then, go for it. Interesting.

I wish you all a wondrous remedy for every side effect you suffer from with all my heart! Sending loving, healing energy to every soul sister out there, ANDI
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote