HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2012, 10:19 PM   #1
yanyan

IBC after initial dx of IDC?

I was feeling so fortunate that i had a clean PET scan after learning about my recurrence was local. However I got really scared when i heard my surgeon telling his office staff to put" inflammatory recurrence" in the diagnose section for insurance authorization purpose. I didn't realize how terrible IBC is until i googled more info online. Now i am really scared.

As he explained, since it is in the lymphatic, it is the same as IBC. I will be on chemo next week, very likely this recurrence will have the same receptor as the old one. weThen surgery to remove expander and as much skin as possible. Like he said, the cancer cells creeps alongside in the lymphatic system and there might be more than what we can see now. So if i didn't have a mastectomy and had tissues in my breast, it might have grown into a lump rather than skin mets. My theory is that since there was no tissue, it grew under the skin.

So a local recurrence with skin mets like mine put in the IBC catagory? I am very confused. My surgeon said a local recurrence is still curable. But am i better off with a distant met from my primary dx or a local recurrence with IBC? I am not afraid of chemos or losing my half reconstructed breasts. I looked at some studies and the prognosis for IBC is still so bad.

Anyone else had the same issue? Thanks!
BMX with immediate recontruction 5/2011 Lattismus Flap- Dx stage 3c 10/23 nodes
9/11 Radiation
3/12 Local recurrence to skin stage IV
Whole body scan CLEAR
4/12 Tykerb & Xeolda Skin mets slowly regressing
8/12 PET & Brain CT Clear
5/13 Skin mets progressing
6/13 PET scan chestwall recurrence in contralateral anxillary,internal mammary and ipsilateral subpectoral nodes
6/13 kadcyla
10/13 whole body scan -clear NED. previously resolved skin rash gone but 3 new lesions. Biopsy confirmed for skin recurrence
11/13 to 02/14 tykerb & herceptin
02/14 add abraxane/gemzar, 2 weeks on 1 week off at reduced dose
05/14 whole body PET clear/ brain CT clear but skin mets are getting worse, ready for new chemo
05/14 navelbine perjeta herceptin
07/14 skin mets progressing red rash worse
08/14 wide local excision with diep flap to close wound. Final path shows 2 positive margins showing inflammatory carcinoma Going back to surgery in 2 weeks
09/01/14 resection- clear margins
3 weeks after 2nd surgery, a new nodular rash found near drain incision with 2 small red spots behind the chest wall biopsy on 10/1. Positive for breast cancer
Radiation 11/2014 with xeloda then weekly cisplatin
11/14 brain MRI clean
12/14 finished 33 radiations burnt and very painful. Bedridden for 1 week
12/14 t current Herceptin and perjeta only
02/15 rash on upper back right side skin mets radiation planned
02/15 staring electron radiation *35
Stopped at 30 due to severe skin burn, resumed 10 days later
05/15 red patches appeared in between previously radiated area, skin mets. Ct and brain Mri clear. Simulation planned, radiation to start after trip to Alaska.
05/24 new spot identified in scar line on previously radiated reconstructed breast- electron on both side chest wall area and scar line
07/15 multiple skin and lung recurrence begin halaven
11/15 cough much better but very tired on halaven and starting to see some new red skin blotches-suspicious
11/15 heading to China for immune therapy
yanyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:15 AM   #2
Redwolf8812

Re: IBC after initial dx of IDC?

You're definitely better with a local recurrence as you have than with distant mets. As far as it being considered IBC or skin mets, I find so much conflicting information on it. My skin mets appeared as a blotch on the cancer breast - there was no "heat" as is common with IBC. My oncologist told me it was skin mets and not IBC (they confirmed it with a skin biopsy). I suspect they'll know exactly what yours is once they remove the skin and do a pathology. Whatever it is, know that there are so many treatments you can do in order to knock it out.

Sorry - but you're stuck with us for a long time. :-)
...but he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness.” I will rather boast most gladly of my weaknesses, in order that the power of Christ may dwell with me. (2 Corinthians 12:9)

Penny

July 2010 IDC grade 3 stage 3 er-/pr-/her2+++, BRCA2
Skin mets 11/10
1/12/11 Surgery path - complete response
Rads 2/11-4/11
Liver mets 11/11 now stage IV
Xeloda & Tykerb 12/11
Allergic reaction to Tykerb 12/11
Xeloda only 12/11
Added herceptin January 2012
Progression February 2012.
Started Veliparib (parp inhibitor) trial 3/5/12.
4/30/12 Liver met shrunk in half! Praise Jesus!
6/18/12 another 25% shrinkage, down to @3x3. Thank you, God!
8/8/12 Brain MRI - clear! Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ!
8/27/12 Thank You, God - another 20% decrease in liver met! Now @ 3.2x1.9.
10/5/12 stable-ish
11/21/12 allergic reaction to carboplatin
12/10/12 stable & progression
12/31/12 liver ablation
2/6/13 ablation successful but new tiny mets in liver. May or not be cancer.
Another ablation scheduled 2/28/13. Cancelled.
2/20/13 started taxotere & herceptin. Pretty toxic. Oncologist says start tdm1 4/3/13. From her lips to God's ears. Praying for no allergic reactions/adverse side effects.
3/28/13 increase in liver mets - number & size
4/3/13 started TDM1
6/25/13 Praise God! Scan shows only one viable lesion and it's smaller.
10/8/13 MRI shows 1 large and two small tumors.
10/11/13 Ablation of tumors. It's in God's Hands.
10/23/13 Jesus and TDM1
12/19/13 Started trial of palbociclib & herceptin after scan showed growth of liver tumor and a questionable spot on rib.
2/6/14 CT scan - previous suspicious spot on rib probably damage from radiation - Praise God! MRI - over 200% growth in cancer in liver.
2/19/14 started Navelbine, Perjeta, & Herceptin combo.
5/2-5/4/14 hospitalized with very high liver function numbers, plus skin and eyes are yellow, plus urine is orange. Feel ok, so doctor not sure if liver failing due to cancer, chemo, or infection. Hospital gets numbers to go down and sends me home. MRI done in hospital reveals cancer shrinking - praise God!
5/6/14 - 5/8/14 hospitalized with no white blood cell count. Released when they go back up, @ 6 days after doctor gave me a neulasta shot.
5/16/14 - informed blood cultures done in hospital are back and that I contracted hepatitis e. Have to take ribavirin (anti-hep med) until liver function numbers are back to "normal" before re-starting chemo. Will probably go on veliparib and temodar this time.
5/26/14 - my birthday - GI doctor informed me that the hepatitis e was completely gone - I didn't even need the anti-viral meds! This is a miracle from God!
5/28/14 - started veliparib and temodar (compassionate use)
8/18/14 MRI shows 90% growth in liver tumors
8/20/14 start Perjeta, Herceptin, & Navelbine. Thanking & giving Glory to God for each moment.
9/22/14 - 9/24/14 Hospitalized with 102.2 fever and neutropenia
11/13/14 ER for high fever and fast heart rate. Got both down with IV antibiotic and fluids. Sent home same night. Thank You, Lord!
12/2/14 MRI shows progression in liver. Grateful to God that I still feel good.
12/11/14 Simulated SIR-spheres. Successful. Real thing (1st lobe) scheduled for the 23rd. Also starting Xeloda on 22nd for 2 weeks because it's synergistic with the spheres.
12/23/14 SIR-spheres in left lobe of liver. On Xeloda 12/22/14 - 1/4/15.
1/7/15 Receiving Perjeta & Herceptin while awaiting next course of action.
2/9/15 SIR-spheres in right lobe of liver. On Xeloda for 2 weeks (started 2/8). Still on Perjeta & Herceptin. Don't know what's next for me. :-)
3/25/15 Final read on MRI report - there are new and multiple lesions in both lobes of liver. Sigh. Praise God I've made it this far!
4/1/15 Started Gemzar & Herceptin. 1st week G&H, 2nd week G only, 3rd week off. Thank You, Lord, for this option.
4/15/15 Labcorp - liver enzymes in 200's. Appointment 4/22 with oncologist to discuss. Also, "radiation recall" in previously treated area? Very itchy. Need to discuss.
4/22/15 Enzymes came down. Received reduced dose of Gemzar only. No herceptin. Will get labs at lapcorp next two weeks since taking break for vacation purposes. Treat radiation area.
5/9/15 ER for severe abdominal pain. Constipation. Sent home with meds and advice to follow up with oncologist regarding jaundice and bilirubin.
5/11/15 Hospitalized for rising bilirubin and jaundice. CT scan reveals larger and more constricting tumors in liver.
5/13/15 Met with my oncologist. Bilirubin came down. If still down by Monday, I'll get chemo. If not, than I guess I'll see you all in Heaven. Praise God. Please pray, pray, pray.
5/18/15 Bilirubin jumped up. Trying lowered dose of Ixempra, with Herceptin. Oncologist is surprised that I'm functioning so well, given the high bilirubin. I have anywhere from 2 weeks - 2 months to live.
Redwolf8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:21 AM   #3
Becky

I agree with the skin mets. Don't let your mind go to a dark place.

However, I will make some comments but it is just me - a layman and NOT a doctor. This is only my opinion on the difference between skin mets and IBC.

One thing is that you don't have your real breast to judge but usually IBC is diagnosed from the get go because there is a true biological difference between IBC and IDC. There is a reason it behaves as it does - swollen, red, hot breast. Dimpling, orange peel skin, inverting nipple. Some "dots" or small pimples but maybe not everywhere.

Skin mets is more a recurrence. Like you said, where was the cancer going to go? It is a tumor or large pimple. If there is redness around it, it has a raised edge versus it being smooth between the red and normal colored skin. It has a more "lesion" looking appearance.

Besides some chemo and surgery, I don't know if your doctor mentioned radiation. I didn't read your signature to see if you had radiation already but if you did not, you should ask and have a consultation with a radiation oncologist.

I am so sorry that you have to go through this scare but a local recurrence is more than doable and survivable. Unfortunately, you will have to work harder (have more treatment) but I know you can do it.

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:31 AM   #4
Pray

Yanyan, I'm sorry you have to go through this. As you see you have a great gift of knowledge here and many many support sisters. Gods blessings to you and I hope the treatment goes easy and well for you. Please post often! I'm praying for you sweet woman!
Pray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:42 AM   #5
yanyan

Thanks everyone. I am starting chemo again hopefull next Thursday. I have 2 affected areas, one close to armpit and one around the mastectomy scar. The one near the mastectomy scar is red and bumpy; the one near armpit is like a rash with red dots. My surgeon thinks we will use chemo, surgery and radiation and none of these alone will be effective. I understand this is the "difficult to treat " local recurrence. Since radiation did damage to vessels, the chemo drug won't be delivered as efficiently as it is to other non radiated areas. My oncolgist explained that is why sometimes you see mets elsewhere shrinking but not the local mets in previously radiated area. My surgeon explained that in my case cancer spreads via dermo lymphatic systems so it can spread to all around my back. And those are hard to treat. I guess the good thing is taht PET is completely clean. It didn't detect the recurrent cancer either. Maybe it is because the dye didn't get to those radiated areas so well. My brains are just so fried now. Learning about Courtney's going to hospice makes my tears. Why does this diseases strike so many young women? I see women in their 30s like me, some with young kids fighting for lives. It really hurts !
9/11 Radiation
Whole body scan CLEAR
6/13 PET scan chestwall recurrence in contralateral anxillary,internal mammary and ipsilateral subpectoral nodes
6/13 kadcyla
10/13 whole body scan -clear NED. previously resolved skin rash gone but 3 new lesions. Biopsy confirmed for skin recurrence
05/14 whole body PET clear/ brain CT clear but skin mets are getting worse, ready for new chemo
08/14 wide local excision with diep flap to close wound. Final path shows 2 positive margins showing inflammatory carcinoma Going back to surgery in 2 weeks
3 weeks after 2nd surgery, a new nodular rash found near drain incision with 2 small red spots behind the chest wall biopsy on 10/1. Positive for breast cancer
11/14 brain MRI clean
05/15 red patches appeared in between previously radiated area, skin mets. Ct and brain Mri clear. Simulation planned, radiation to start after trip to Alaska.
05/24 new spot identified in scar line on previously radiated reconstructed breast- electron on both side chest wall area and scar line
11/15 cough much better but very tired on halaven and starting to see some new red skin blotches-suspicious
Old 03-30-2012, 03:31 PM   #6
Lien

Yes it hurts, and it is scary. But you do not have mets and your cancer is being treated aggressively. Hard to treat doesn't mean it's impossible. It means that the doc needs to plan carefully, keep an eye on you and use every braincell he has to combat this cancer. And that's what is going to happen: you and your doctors will figure out the best way to deal with this.

I really like that the PET was clean.

Hugs

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:06 PM   #7
Debbie L.

Yanyan,

I hear your fear and sense of urgency and send many good thoughts and prayers, of course wishing you were not having to do this.

I don't know the answer to your questions about IBC vs. skin mets. I do know Ginny Mason, executive director of http://www.ibcresearch.org/ , and they would be an excellent resource to help answer those questions.

Would you consider taking time for a second opinion from an NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center? (or maybe you're already getting care at one?) It might not change the plan but will give peace-of-mind both now and later. http://cancercenters.cancer.gov/canc...ers-list2.html . Often consultations can be done virtually, although in your case I'd imagine they'd want to look at your slides for a second opinion on those, perhaps first of all.

Please keep us posted, we're all holding you in our hearts and sending good thoughts.

Debbie Laxague
Debbie L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:23 PM   #8
7andcounting

YanYan, I too was diagnosed with skin mets, and my Dr. did not call it IBC b/c he said I did not initially present with it. I keep battling it, and it's doable. There are many drugs coming our way, there is no need to dispair. I wish I could take all the dispair (at times) I have felt over all these years back....it doesn't help anything, and all these years have gone by and I'm still here!

Sometimes the best we can do is enjoy what positive things we DO have and put one foot in front of the other and keep going. There is hope on the horizon.
7andcounting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:23 PM   #9
yanyan

I thought about getting 2nd opinion but we are still waiting for the receptors status. My oncologist mentioned a whole bunch of chemo drugs and he did mention that adramycine does not work well for her2. He mentioned tykerb xeloda abraxane. I think they want to see my response on the chemo first but also explained the not so efficient result on irradiated skin due to poor blood supply.

A friend told me no energy should be wasted on negative thoughts. I think everyone agrees that the second time is harder. Now that I look back I think those 2 spots have been there for quite a while a few months at least. They were not obvious. I wish my surgeon or previous onco had told me the signs to watch for. I think many women are unware of this. Now I have a new surgeon and oncologyst and I have more confidence in those 2. The surgeon went on with biopsy despite a negative ultrasound. The oncologist spent almost 2 hours with me for consultation. Examed me from eye to toe. He goes out his way for patients .

Maybe they are my guard angels ...maybe this is just a bump to the road of NED and eventually we will all be there.

Thanks everyone for your support
9/11 Radiation
Whole body scan CLEAR
6/13 kadcyla
11/14 brain MRI clean
Old 03-30-2012, 08:53 PM   #10
lk1

Hi YanYan,

I was first diagnosed in 2009 with HER+++, ER/PR-. I had mastectomy, ACTH chemo and radiation. While on Herceptin, I noticed a very flat, pink rash on my reconstructed breast. EVERY doctor ( onc, surgeon, dermatologist, plastic surgeon etc) said it's not cancer. Onc sent me to a dermatologist for creams, antibiotics etc. I alone kept asking for a biopsy, and that's when I got my recurrance. Needless to say I fired my oncologist and since Jan 2011 go to Memorial SLoan Kettering. They did NOT recommend doing any surgery to remove skin or the reconstruction. They put me on Xeloda and Tykerb, and within a couple of months the rash faded. I am still on the tykerb and herceptin doing ok. I also still do the Herceptin every 3 weeks.

Maybe it's good to get a second opinion..There certainly is hope.
Wishing you all the best to you

-Laura
lk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:15 AM   #11
yanyan

Thanks Laura! There seems to be a debate on how to treat isolated skin mets. I am glad to hear that tykerb and Xeolda are working for you. Is herceptin part of your treatment regime for the recurrence? I hope the chemo drug I am getting will be efficiently delivered to my radiated breast. Did the doctor at Sloan tell you why you are. Of getting the big chemo and why they don't recommend surgery? Thanks
9/11 Radiation
Whole body scan CLEAR
6/13 kadcyla
11/14 brain MRI clean
Old 03-31-2012, 11:22 AM   #12
jellybean

I am so sorry to hear of your recurrence.

I believe your oncologist is wrong on the adriamycin front. Typically, adriamycin IS effective for Her2 positive breast cancer. Some, like Dr. Slamon, do not recommend it for initial treatment because TCH has been shown to be as effective or almost as effective as AC followed by TCH without the toxicity. This is not to say that you should be on adriamycin now. I just wanted to clarify this point.
jellybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:05 PM   #13
Becky

I agree with Jellybean. Adriamycin actually improved the odds of Her2+ women prior to Herceptin being available. It works well on Her2+ women, especially if your cancer is also TopIIA positive as well (not a common test but about 1/3 of Her2+ women are TopIIA positive as well).

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:21 PM   #14
Mandamoo

I would like to add to the andrimycin debate - we believe it was completely ineffective for me. (sorry not andramycin specifically but anthracyclines) The cancer in my breast tissue and lymph nodes showed a genetic mutation which is believed to be resistant to anthracyclines - P53. Wouldn't it be great if we could have true sensitivity testing? I did get skin spread while on epirubicin, 5fu and cyclophosphamide - not diagnosed until I started taxotere and herceptin by which time I already had lung spread also. I had skin sparing mastectomy with tissue expanders - skin met was about an inch from my scar but close to where the initial larger tumor was. I had navelbine, herceptin and Everolimus for 7 months and was stable before progression in my lungs. I have now been on tykerb xeloda for 5 weeks and my skin met is all but gone - ct in 2 weeks to check lungs.
Just thought I would add my story - just because we are her 2+ - doesn't mean we all react to medications the same way. I wonder had I done the TCH regime if I would be stage 4 now? We will never know.
Yan yan - there is much hope for you - it sounds like it might be worth getting a second opinion. I haven't had radiation so don't have the issue with blood supply to the mets. I have a friend with a local recurrence in a reconstructed breast and she is having chemo before having the reconstructed breast removed - her lump is very large and she has a history of complications with surgeries.
Good luck.
22 February 2011 - Diagnosed Early Breast Cancer IDBC Stage2b (ER/PR -ve, Her2+ve +++) - 38 years old
(L) skin sparing mastectomy with tissue expander, axilla clearance (2/14 affected) clear margins.
Fec*3, Taxotere and herceptin*2 - stopped due to secondary diagnosis

June 24 2011 Stage IV - Skin met, axilla node, multiple lung lesions

Bolero3 trial - Navelbine, Hereptin weekly, daily Everolimus/Placebo
February 2012 - July 2012 Tykerb and Xeloda - skin mets resolved, Lungs initially dramatically reduced but growing again
August 2012 (turn 40!) tykerb and herceptin (denied compassionate use of TDM1) while holidaying in Italy!
September 2012 - January 2013 TDM1 as part of the Th3resa trial - lymph nodes resolved, lungs slowly progressing.
January 2013 - herceptin, carboplatin and Perjeta (compassionate access)
April 2013 - Some progression in lungs and lymph nodes - Abraxane, Herceptin and Perjeta
July 2013 - mixed response - dramatic reduction of most lung disease, progression of smaller lung nodules and cervical and hilar nodes - ? Add avastin.
Mandamoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:12 PM   #15
yanyan

I think there are labs that does sensitivity testing. A friend of mine who had ovarian cancer recurrence had it tested. It costs about 6000 usd and is not usually covered by insurance. The test takes about 20 days and meanwhile she is on the same chemo as last time. I think my oncologist said adrymacine does not work very well with estrogen negative bc, maybe I heard him wrong but I do remember the drug starts with A. Time is so tight as you want to start treatment ASAP but also want to get the most efficient regime. There are different sayings about those tests and one debate is whether the drug acts differently in our body than in a lab environment. There were also reports that people were NED on a drug which showed no effect in a tumor sensitivity testing.
9/11 Radiation
Whole body scan CLEAR
6/13 kadcyla
11/14 brain MRI clean
Old 04-02-2012, 04:38 PM   #16
yanyan

Hi Ladies. I am glad to be back in the Her2+ gang. I feel fortunate that my reocurrence is still Her2 positive and that knowing so many of you here living life fully gives me an incredible sense of hope and encouragement !!! My oncologist will bring my case to the tumor board meeting tomorrow and let me know what drug they will use. He mentioned that we will probably use Abraxane, with herceptin or tykerb. I am excited to get this started ASAP. My oncologist has in the business for at least 20 years. I am surprised that he is bringing this case to the tumor board, my surgeon will do the same thing. I thought he would have the treatment right off his head. But like he said, "there will be more brains working on the same problem "- which is good for me. I will post more when i hear back what medicine i will be getting. I thought abraxane is only used for metastic BC. But knowing this drug out performs taxotere gives me hope.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:19 AM   #17
Pray

There is always hope Yanyan, Gods blessings to you. You are in my prayers.
Pray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:30 AM   #18
yanyan

Dear her2 sisters
The past week has been busy trying to figure out treatment plans and seeing doctors. Thanks to all of you for sharing your treatment regime and response. I put my questions together and my oncologist listened. He will put me on tykerb and Xeolda. The decision was made last Tuesday and I am still waiting for insurance to approve tykerb.hopefully next week I can get started.

I asked about dose dense chemo since the local recurrence in skin demonstrates similarity as IBC that spreads via lymphatic systems. He explained dose dense is usually given at the initial diagnose. He also explained my recurrence is not considered IBC because my initial dx was IDC

He decided not to give me abraxane because I was already given taxotere and progressed. So the idea is to use new drug on me. He also said the the Xeolda and tykerb is a great combo. I have read many positive things about it clearing up skin mets. I hope this will work for me. I am also er/pr weakly positive so down the road I will be on hormone therapy. I disagree with this but it is not the prime concern right now.

I will have another mastectomy to remove expander and skin. So I will be flat for at least 2 years. Although skin sparing has been proven just as eff as the non skin sparing, tiny cance cells sometimes does hide in skin. My recurrence was exactly where the cancer was. Had I been given the option again I still would not know. It seems every approach has its benefit .

Radiation will be reserved for future but not now. I got a good dose
Of radiation so my radiation oncologist would like to save the weapon for later if I have a chest wall recurrence.

I hope no one has to go through what I have. Just wanna share my treatment plan with you all as I myself find knowing about other peoples treatment options really helped me!
9/11 Radiation
Whole body scan CLEAR
6/13 kadcyla
11/14 brain MRI clean