HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-12-2006, 08:30 AM   #1
Maryanne

Your input is greatly needed

Dear Members and Guests,

This past Sunday's chat on Late Herceptin sparked an idea which we are hoping all will participate in.

As you well may know there are early stage members and guests who did not receive Herceptin with their initial treatments or directly after. A conflict now exists as to whether it is benefical to receive Herceptin after one year out of treatment.

In light of this we are asking members and guests to take part in contacting their oncologists and asking how long out of initial treatment are they willing to give Herceptin and if there are variables, what would they be. We would then comprise a list of oncologists, cities and the above information and make it available to all requesting it. This would allow all to have the opportunity to get a second opinion as well as change oncologists to a more agressive and/or progressive one if they choose.

If you would like to participate in this you can email me directly at MWhite84@optonline.net or Becky at phollis@att.net

Thank you in advance,
Maryanne and Becky

Last edited by Maryanne; 02-13-2006 at 09:16 AM.. Reason: not getting enough responses
Maryanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 09:33 AM   #2
Alice

I dont go back to my onc until April.I know her feelings on herceptin are that it should be given mainly with chemo and without chemo only to stabalize and stop progression in stage 4.We have had many discussions on the subject as I was in a study showing the affects of herceptin when given with chemo.When I go back I will confirm this and if I am wrong I will ask her if she would want to be on a referal list.Personally I feel she has been top quality in my case and would refer her to anyone.Good luck in your endever.

Alice
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 01:18 PM   #3
Maggie

Maryanne,

I received an email from you and Becky and responded to you the other day!
I hope he has some input!

Thanks to you both,
Maggie
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 09:19 AM   #4
Maryanne

Sending this to the top again, Hoping to get more responses,

Thanks,
Maryanne
Maryanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 06:20 AM   #5
juanita

I don't see the onc for another three weeks, but have herceptin today so I printed off your posts and will take it with me today.
juanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 12:49 PM   #6
Barbara2

I will add a note in order to keep this going a little while longer. I started herceptin about 2years, 2 months after completing chemo. My onc and I had many discussions before determining that I could/should start herceptin. The results from the trials are what convinced him that late herceptin was the right thing to do.

Would he offer it to anyone looking for an onc that would give it to them? He is a reasonable man who wants the best for his patients, and after becoming familiar with the case, if he felt herceptin was warrented, yes, I believe he would give it to them.

I live in north east South Dakota, so I doubt that many will seek him out; we are quite "rural." But I will forward further info to Maryanne, should anyone need to know more.

Barbara
Barbara2 is offline   Reply With Quote