HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Herceptin / Tykerb
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Herceptin / Tykerb Share your experiences or ask questions about Herceptin or Tykerb

Old 11-19-2014, 02:08 PM   #1
Lnmum

Herceptin rash??

Hi everybody!
I've been on quite a bumpy ride since my double mastectomies with free flap surgery on 10/3/14! Septic 11/4 with emergency surgery and wound vac. Crazy drug reaction last week!! Back in Hosp for 3 nights. I have been on vancomycin and sossan (sp?) then switched to rocifen (all infusions by port). On Thurs I went in for my herceptin infusion. An hour later I started breaking out in a rash around the port, it went on the front of my trunk and then to my back. Awful!!!
I have also been on oxycodone and dilaudid which cause me to wheeze and itch when I don't take with benedryl. My plastic surgeon thinks it is a herceptin rash. My oncologist says, come back in 2 weeks to take my next infusion. I've been on herceptin since 3/14. She says if I develop another rash, we will know its herceptin.
What do you ladies think??? If I'm allergic to herceptin, how vulnerable am I to a recurrence of Her2 CA?
Thanks in advance!
12/11/13 core biopsy with clip placed
1/6/14 Duke consult BC Treatment
1/30/14 partial right mastectomy, sentinel node biopsy 2 setinal nodes clear. 1.1 cm IDC, close margins.
3/13/14 met Dr Heather White in Greenville, NC. She is wonderful and my new oncologist.
3/18-19/14 Dr. White ordered pet scans, full body ct, bilateral MRIs and BRCA TEST.
3/20/14 5/15/14 chemo taxol/Herceptin 1x/week
3/25/14 port placement
4/17/14 BRCA2+
5/22/14 Herceptin only 1x every 3 was for a year. incomplete Taxol(neuropathy of hands and feet)
7/2/14 oopherctomy, salpingoopherectomy, hysterectomy at Vidante with Dr. Marie Rowe.
10/3/14 BMX/trams flap with Georgaide and Zenn at Duke.
Lnmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 01:21 PM   #2
Lucy

Re: Herceptin rash??

Hi Loren - I wasn't on the board much until recently so I didn't see this post until today. Did you find out if the rash was herceptin related? I'm still on herceptin and am in no way an expert on it but I would've thought you'd had a reaction earlier on if that was the problem. Although, they say you can develop an allergy to something over time so who knows. I think it was on wikipedia (I mention this because I know the info there isn't 100% reliable) I read that studies have shown that 9 weeks of herceptin is as effective as being treated with it for a year. From that perspective, I would hope you were innoculated, so to speak, even if you had to discontinue. I also know that I was once treated for a kidney infection with drugs I learned I was allergic to but that didn't stop them from doing their job in clearing up the kidney infection. I'm sorry there was a delay in responding to this but I hope things are better for you now and that the drugs are doing their jobs.
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 03:36 PM   #3
Lnmum

Re: Herceptin rash??

Lucy, you're a sweetie. I think I am allergic to herceptin, but very allergic to vancomycin.
All is going well. Hope you are doing well!
Thx,
Loren
12/11/13 core biopsy with clip placed
1/6/14 Duke consult BC Treatment
1/30/14 partial right mastectomy, sentinel node biopsy 2 setinal nodes clear. 1.1 cm IDC, close margins.
3/13/14 met Dr Heather White in Greenville, NC. She is wonderful and my new oncologist.
3/18-19/14 Dr. White ordered pet scans, full body ct, bilateral MRIs and BRCA TEST.
3/20/14 5/15/14 chemo taxol/Herceptin 1x/week
3/25/14 port placement
4/17/14 BRCA2+
5/22/14 Herceptin only 1x every 3 was for a year. incomplete Taxol(neuropathy of hands and feet)
7/2/14 oopherctomy, salpingoopherectomy, hysterectomy at Vidante with Dr. Marie Rowe.
10/3/14 BMX/trams flap with Georgaide and Zenn at Duke.
Lnmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 03:02 PM   #4
dogleg2

Unhappy Re: Herceptin rash??

Very bad rash under breast...Im in agony.
dogleg2 is offline   Reply With Quote