HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Keeping Your Mind Off of BC
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Keeping Your Mind Off of BC Fun things and posts that do not apply to BC

Old 10-15-2007, 05:19 PM   #1
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Cool Tiptoe Leaving Boca For R. I....

Tip is all packed and ready to go to the post office tomorrow.

I've alerted Marie and Ed who will be awaiting her arrival with open arms!

I Journalled all day long...!!! Scissors, glue stick, tape, ruler, pencil, pictures, print outs -- and I crafted away, sculpting a little TALE for Tippy to take w/her. Paul bought a MEMORY STICK, so maybe that will work better.

I still haven't figured out how to make my pics have the right # of pixels, even when I type in my directions specifically per instucted. Download fails. Doggone it! I will try to impose myself once again on Pinkie. I CAN email her my pics. Then she must go through the laborious process of cutting them to size, scanning them and draining her overused ink cartridge... PinkGirl is an angel I hope y'all know!

She had scans today (a 5 hr drive to Toronoto or thereabouts). Let's all say a prayer for her for good results! WITH LOVE,Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 01:02 PM   #2
Believe51

Location: RHODE ISLAND (Ed getting me a latte on 2nd Cancerversary Cruise 2008) 'BELIEVE': To accept as true or real, To have faith in, To presume ALWAYS BELIEVE
Smile Yippee Yahoo!!!!

Ed and I went to his Zometa infusion and after he was settled inside I went to visit Chester the Chipmunk. As I stood under the huge Oak trees, I was blessed by the raining of acorns and Oak leaves falling upon me. Looking at the zen garden with butterflies and dragonflies busily getting ready for the seasons end, I smiled inside about my TipToes visit. Chester did come out again as I 'clicked' for him, I just love how he comes when I make my chipmunk sounds. There I stood feeding him pinenuts and literally talking outloud, and yes girls, I begged that he come out for a picture with the 'TIPSTER' (lol) when she finally arrives in Rhode Island. I was thinking of Andi and how she so much enjoyed the visitor from Canada and taking a moment of silent thanks for my PinkGirl. How generous and loving to share this all with us.

Well, behold. When I arrived home from shopping for a new camera that I probally did not need, the phone rang. It was Andi telling me the update and suggesting that I left my job for a week because it was a job on its own. We talked for a while and I mentioned again that Pink and her were tough acts to follow and that I hope I can live up to the job.

Whoever is updating the schedule here is an update:
Oct 16ish: West Warwick w/ Marie: Petscan results & 12th Wedding Annniversary will be shared with TipToe.

I am anxious to hold Tip and explain to our Oncologist her story. He already knows the 'Green Shoe' story and loved the sentiment behind it. Surely he will love TipToes too, how can you not?? We are already bonded as an extended family unit and I feel that this is just another bond that shall make us more united with one another. Andi and I were chuckling saying that we are the first and after a long respite with Pink, maybe TipToe could revisit so the newbies to this project can read her journal and see pictures from her other family visits.

Ed is rather fatigued lately and there is not much that he is able to do at the moment but the one task he is happy to take over is to get Tip from the mailbox, out of her travel pack, and into a glorious bed, it is a regal looking cat bed that my Maine Wave cat Mookie does not use (why would he, he uses our bed, after all....he is a human LOL).

My Mother, who is getting a breast biopsy and a bit frightened, has put the scared part of her aside and is diligently working on the pink ribbon blanket for Tippy. She is rather excited to hear about our plight and is happy to be a part of it. As you know she has come to our home every night since his 9/06 diagnosis and will be there for the unveiling of my new friend. I think I told you all about the purple moose Ed bought for me in New Hampshire. Recap: I was not going home until I saw a moose. I was firm about that. He found a purple moose the size of a beany baby and bought it with the notion that we were going home!!! He also said I would have something else to remember him by (yeah right, like everything I see I will see him!!) Tip will have her picture taken with the moose, which I named Eddie!! Ed has a squirrel that sqeaks and has named him Randy, my Daddy bought that for him this year. These two stuffed animals are rather important to us, Eddie is in my hands at night when we are talking or movie-watching. Cannot wait to have TipToe there on my lap, I heard she is a great love.

Dad has supplied me with seed for some of TipToes menus. I hope she is not afraid of cats, Mookie is a big boy but a sweet man, hopefully size does not scare her off. He will be cuddling with her I am sure. Well girls, gotta go figure the new camera out. The camera I do have now is a professional one that is not digital, the pictures it provides are high quality but I will not be able to post them. I can use it for the journal though.

Sorry to ramble, just elated with happiness. Hurry up Tip, I need a hug and bad too!!>>Believe51
9/7/06Husband 50yrs=StageIV IBC/HER2+,BoneMets10/06TaxotereX10,'H'1X wk,Zometa,Tamoxifen4/12/07Last Tax5/18/07Pet=Rapid Cell Activity,No Organ Mets,Lytic Lesions,Degeneration,Some Bone Repair5/07ChemoFail6/01/07Pleural Thoracentisis=Effusions,NoMalignantCells6/19/07+7/2/07DFCI
6/25/07BrainMRI=BrainMets,Many<9mm7/10/07WBR/PelvisRad37.5Gx15&Nutritionist8/19/07T/X9/20/07BrainMRI=2<2mm10/6/07Pet=BoneProgression
10/24/07ChemoFail11/9/07A/Cx10,EndTam12/7/07Faslodex12/10/07Muga7512/13/07BlasticLesions1/7/08BrainMRI=Clear4/1/08Pet=BoneImprovement,
NoProgression,Stable4/7/08BrainPerfect5/16/08Last A/C8/26/08BrainMets=10(<9mm)9/10/08Gamma10/30/08Met=5mm12/19/08Gamma5mets5
12/22/08SpinalMets1/14/09SpinalRads2/17/09BrainMRI=NoNewMets4/20/09BoneScan5/14/09Ixempra6/1/09BrainMRI=NumerousMets6/24/09DFCIw/DrBurstein6/26/09Continue
Ixempra/Faslodex/Zometa~TM now lower7/17/09Stop Ixempra By Choice9/21/09HOSPICE10/16/09Earned His Deserved Wings And Halo=37 Month Fight w/Stage 4 IBC, Her2+++,My Hero!!
Believe51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 01:24 PM   #3
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Cool Priority Mail!

The Tipster (Tiptoe, TipToe, TT, Tipsy, Tippy, Tip) was handed to a very nice mailman in the Boca post office today, w/explicit instructions to HANDLE WITH CARE! I sent her PRIORITY MAIL (2-3 days) and paid an extra 65 cents to be able to keep an eye on her and track her down... Precious cargo!

Marie and Ed -- enjoy her all up. Remember she loves to cuddle. Her cherished picture w/the Dalai Lama is in her Journal, for her to look at from time to time. I forgot her pink pen from PinkGirl! Oh dear. Am looking for a little padded envelope.

Tried AGAIN to download/upload??? reduced sized pics of Tiptoe Boca adventure and failed yet again. Remember -- her MEMORY STICK is w/her. Would love to share with every one the shots of Tip that I took, but... Pinkie -- is your ink cartridge dry yet? So sorry I have had to rely on your sweet nature and your ability to scan so much. Maybe Marie can figure out to downsize and upload! And then send instructions to us.

Can Ed take B-12 sublingual? It's a real pick me up! I know the Tipster will give him a lift, but I'm just saying...

Y'all are in my thoughts and prayers with every day,
Andi

'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote