HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-28-2007, 07:19 PM   #21
Esther

Lily, you have not been through many treatments yet, there are alot of options for you. I'm confident you will beat these liver tumors back into submission quickly.
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 09:49 PM   #22
Soccermom

Lilly,
no advise from me ...only much love and caring! I just know one of the "cocktails" will work for you! Keep hugging that beautiful baby Max and of course your DH.

Big hugs,Marcia
Soccermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:09 PM   #23
Patricia

Dear Lily,

I am so sorry to hear your news. I am thinking positve thoughts of good health for you Lily. I will be praying that you and your doctor find a combo that will knock those mets back. Please know that all of your sisters are here with you.

Hugs,
Patricia
9/15/05: Total Thyroidectomy
A/C X 4 DD, 11 weekly Taxol + Herceptin, + 9 mos Herceptin Alone, 36x Rads, Lupron, Aromasin
7/29/07: 2 years NED :)
8/6/07 Oopherectomy (Lupron no more! :-)
Aromasin & Estring plus Synthroid and supplements
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 05:15 PM   #24
Joy

I hope I can be a...

part of your family too! Husbands can be wonderful (or so I have ehard ), but no one knows the way someone in your exact shoes knows and that is us! And again, there are so many options for you and I noticed that you were on tamoxifen at some point and I'm not sure how current that info is, but for some her+++ gals tamoxifen can cause a problem. I'm not even sure if the medical community knows how or why until we try it, but it can fuel it for a subset of patients (I was one of those).

So have good discussions with your doctor or doctors. Look at RFA, look at drug combos (Taxotere/Xeloda initially knocked back my extensive mets as have other treatments since). Do your research (you don't even need to leave this site for great research info) and advocate for yourself and we will be here with you!

dx stage I 2/2000*er/pr+; her- per IHC*lumpectomy*4 rounds A/C*30 rads*tamoxifen*dx stage 4 5/2002*huge mets to liver*tiny mets to lungs*stopped tamoxifen*5/02 taxotere/xeloda*her 2 checked with FiSH-her2+++herceptin *2/03 stopped chemo femara w/herceptin*zolodex*04 switched to aromasin w/herceptin*05 high estrogen tx*11/05taxol/carbo*7/06 stopped chemo; megace/herceptin*9/06navelbine/herceptin*5/07tykerb/xeloda great response*4/08 progression in liver; ooph/ faslodex /herceptin
6/08 began Herceptin DM-1
9/08 progression
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:49 PM   #25
Bev

Lily. Sending best wishes and prayers your way. Tell DH it's nothing personal, I'm sure he's trying, but he can't fully relate to being a cancer patient. Then again, we can't fully relate to being a cancer caregiver. Don't know which one is worse.

It could be you've become tamoxifen resistant but I didn't think that was common in triple positive.

Do let us know the suggested tx. You'll be helping us. I do know what you mean about being a fanatic. It's cheaper than a psychiatrist.

I have a 13 year old son Max. Thinking about our kids makes this all harder.

I hope you have the same success as others have had. Bev
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:12 AM   #26
jones7676

Location: I live in Christmas, MI - located on the shores of Lake Superior.
I am sorry that you don't have more "immediate" support nearby. But all of us on this website are rallying for you. You have many options out there, I hope they pick just the right one for you and those nasty mets disappear.

10/03 Radical Mastectomy 3 cm tumor - 1/17 Nodes Stage II B, Her 2 +++ ER-/PR- 11/03 4 AC 4 Taxol 12/05 Stage IV - Lung met , Bone mets - Carbo, Taxotere, Herceptin 9/06 - 2 cm brain tumor 10/06 - Tumor removal surgery - Herceptin Halted 12/06 gamma knife tumor base.1/07 Navelbine/Herceptin 4/07 Rads to R femur 5/07 Stereotactic - new 2 cm brain tumor 4/07 Start Xeloda 5/07 Tykerb added 7/07 Brain MRI clean 10/07 .055 cm brain met found. 12/07 Stereotactic -1 cm brain tumor Start Tykerb 11/07 Abraxane/Herceptin 5/08 Cisplatin, Gemcitabine/Herceptin 6/08 Stereotactic to 1cm 9/08 Stereotactic repeat (growth). 11/08 Pet Scan Good but new tiny met on L lung/dead Brain surgery (no cancer cells found/scar tissue) 1/09 Chemo restarted 2/09 Pet Scan Bad - R larger very active/active L active lymph nodes both sides of chest MRI- mets slight increase 2/09 Start Doxil/Tykerb Treatment
jones7676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 12:40 PM   #27
DonnaD

Lily,
You are never alone here. Sorry you have to deal with this. Prayers and hugs are coming your way.
Donna
Lumpectomy 8/30/06
Stage llA, grade 3, ER/PR-, Her2++
1.7 cm tumor, 1+ lymph node out of 9
Completed 4 A/C, & 4 Taxol with Herceptin
36 rads completed 5/16/07
Mammograms, 7/07 clear
fractured ribs in radiated area 10/07
Finished Herceptin 12/27/07
Mammogram,CT,tumor markers 1/08 - small lung nodules in radiated area, repeated tests 3/08 stable
Mammogram,CT ,tumor markers 6/08 stable
NED 2 years!!
3 years !!!
4years!!!!
4 years, 10 months and 8 day NED, calling it 5 years!!!
Official 5 years 8/30/2011
8/31/ 2012 - 6 years!!!!!!
DonnaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 12:50 PM   #28
tricia keegan

Lilly there's not much I can add to all these wonderful replies except to also add my best wishes you'll get through this and be NED again asap!
Rads x 36 ..oophorectomy August '06
Currently taking Arimidex..
June 2011 osteopenia/ zometa x1 yearly- stopped Zometa 2015 as Dexa show normal bone density.
Stopped Arimidex July 2014- Restarted Arimidex 2015 for a further two years on the advice of my Onc.
2014 Normal Dexa scan
2018 Mammo all clear, still NED!
tricia keegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:38 AM   #29
Emelie

Lilly,

As the other ladies have said, there are many options available today and I am sure one of them will work for you. Please do not feel that you are alone. We are here for you any time you need to talk.
I also think contacting the American Cancer Society in your town is a great idea. There may be someone out there just like you who needs someone to talk to also.
Sending you hugs and prayers,
Emelie
Emelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 02:11 PM   #30
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink Big Hugs For Lily, Our Beautiful Lily...

Lily, Sweet Lily, I just wanted you to KNOW you are in my thoughts and prayers. From the moment I read your post, my heart sank and my prayers for you began!

My arms are around you in a big hug! I am so sorry for your news that you must once again be strong and brave and face tx. But there are many weapons out there and you and your doc will find just the right recipe for you to dissolve those nasty upstarts and blast them into oblivion! Taxotere and H worked for me. Others had different cocktails that worked on their liver tumors. This is doable. Wish to God you didn't have to go through this again, but I believe you will emerge victorious and DANCE WITH NED! That is my prayer for you. Please let us all know what you are doing and how you are doing. We all care and are here for you, sweet Sister...

So glad you have your husband and your son and their love to add to ours, to boost you up and help keep you afloat. And surely your Mom's thoughts and prayers are with you at all times, no matter where she is! Much love is surrounding you. Open your heart, and let it fill you up to overflowing...

With loving, healing energy being sent your way, Lily,

Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote