HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > General Cancer News
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Cancer News Latest Breast Cancer News from Moreover Technologies

Old 03-29-2013, 10:40 AM   #1
News

Viewpoints: Budget woes leave Democrats with painful choices; David Kessler on health

USA Today: Entitlements Or Investment? Democrats Must Pick
Democrats therefore face a fundamental and inescapable choice: they can support funding current consumption, especially by older Americans who are not working, or future investment, particularly in scientific research and innovation.

More...
News is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:13 PM   #2
NanaJoni

Re: Viewpoints: Budget woes leave Democrats with painful choices; David Kessler on he

I am one of the millions of baby boomer who WORKED for the last 48 years of my life and contributed to the tax base that funded medicare for our parents, SS disability and SSI for those in need and supported our family along with my husband. Now as we reach the time that medicare would be our main health insurance, the balance has tipped. Because of sheer numbers, we will be taking more out of this entitlement program than the current workforce will put in. Add to that, the fact that unemployment and disability recipients are at a level unseen in our nation's history, and it's no surprise these entitlements are unsustainable. But I can tell you, as I approach my 65th birthday, that saying the Democrats have to choose whether or not "they can support funding current consumption, especially by older Americans who are not working" is extremely offensive. We, who have funded this government for decades, are now expendable in favor of "future investment." There is a warning here - never forget that most of you will at some point be an "older American" and join us expendables. These programs can be saved with responsible and prudent use of all government resources. Of course that could mean our current President might have to cut back on a few trips and parties which I don't see happening.
3/24/10:sent.node biopsy clear
3/31/10:bi-lateral mx.;atypical ductal hyperplasia-lft side
4/21/10:wound revision-infection/scarring 4/28/10:seromas both sides
5/21/10:port installed,TCH chemo (6 x 3 wks); Herc,-1yr; 33 rad tx after chemo
07/2010: port not working-2nd port didnt'work;3rd port opposite side.
07/2010: 2 weeks after 3rd port surgery, threw 3 pulm. emboli-IVC filter installed; warfarin
08/2010: hospitalizations w/3 of chemos; decision to stop after 4th-on to radiation in Oct 2010;Herc cont.
12/03/2010 - finished 33 rads Hooray!! cont. Herc. every 3 wks
4/2011 - pneumonia ??? Nope-radiation pneumonitis. No more Herc.
5/2011 - NED!!! port out.
8/2011 - clean PET & CT scans.Still NED
7/2012 - Still NED/very blessed.
2/2013 - 6 mos checkup-all clear. CA2729 down frm 13 to 11.
NanaJoni is offline   Reply With Quote