HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-23-2013, 11:30 AM   #1
Judieru

Too old for Chemo

It started as a small spot on my back, basil cell, which led to HER2 positive. The lumpectomy indicated the tumor to be very small (1.5x1 cm) and no trace of cancer in the 13 lymph nodes removed. I felt very lucky. The radiation doctor said I had a 10 year 96% survival with chemo and 93% with radiation. At 74 years old, it was a no brainer. Then I saw the chemo doctor. He said my cancer was very aggressive and I should have chemo. He wanted a Oncotype DX Breast test, but my insurance said it had to be HER2 negative before they would cover it. I see him Monday. All of the discussions have been about chemo. Is there anyone who has suggestions for me? I would like radiation with Herceptin shots.
Judieru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 11:57 AM   #2
Becky

Re: Too old for Chemo

Her2 breast cancer is very aggressive and chemo is always recommended especially if the tumor is over 1 cm such as yours. However, your idea of Herceptin only may be a viable one but there have been no studies that this works. Is your tumor also estrogen and/or progesterone positive as well? If so, there are studies with metastatic patients (Stage 4 and you are Stage 1) that shows there is good synergy with Herceptin and an aromatase inhibitor together. I am just thinking out loud here. If the oncologist you see is not keen on Herceptin alone without chemo, see another. Not too many doctors want to do something that is not standard of care but you can get a second opinion and you should anyway so set up another opinion asap. We are here for you throughout your journey.

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:15 PM   #3
norkdo

I second Becky's opinion. And offer this:
Throw at this bugger every single thing you can at the very very beginning. Postpone nothing. Get rid of your breast. Take no prisoners. please visit the staging polls threads. A person can start off with a tiny tiny stage one and move to stage three or possibly stage four in months. Not often. But it happens. Put on your battlegear. Welcome to the war. This is your life we're talking about.

mast/lymphectomy: june 7 2011, 5/20 cancerous nodes. stage 3a before radiation oncologist during our first mtg on july 15th says he found cancer on the lymph node of my breast bone. Now stage 3b.
her2+++, EN-, PN-. Rt brst tumors:3 at onset, 4.5 cm was the big one
chemos: 3fec's followed by 3 taxotere, total of 18 wks chemo. sept: halfway thru chemo the mastectomy scar decides to open and ooze pus. (not healed before chemo) eventually with canasten powder sent by friend in ny (illegal in canada) it heals.
radiations:although scheduled to begin 25 january 2012, I am so terrified by it (rads cause other cancers) I don't start til february, miss a bunch, reschedule them all and finally finish 35 rads mid april. reason for 7 extra atop the 28 scheduled is that when i first met my rads oncologist he said he saw a tumor on the lymph node of my breastbone. extra 7 are special kind of beam used for that lymphnode. rads onc tells me nobody ever took so long to do rads so he cannot speak for effectiveness. trials had been done only on consecutive days so......we'll see.....
10 mos of herceptin started 6 wks into chemo. canadian onc says 10 mos is just as effective as the full yr recommended by dr. slamon......so we'll see..completed july 2012.
Sept 18 2012: reconstruction and 3 drains. fails. i wear antibiotic pouch on my job for two months and have 60 consecutive days visiting a nursing centre where they apply burn victims' silver paper and clean the oozing infection daily. silicone leaks out daily. plastic surgeon in caribbean. emergency dept wont remove "his" work. He finally appears and orders me in into an emergency removal of implant. I make him promise no drains and I get my way. No infection as a result. Chest looks like a map of Brazil. Had a perfectly good left breast on Sept 17th but surgeon wanted to "save another woman an operation" ? so he had crashed two operations together on my left breast, foregoing the intermediary operation where you install an expander. the first surgeon a year earlier had flat out refused to waste five hours on his feet taking both boobs. flat out refusal. between the canadian health system saving money and both these asses, I got screwed. who knows when i can next get enough time off work (i work for myself and have no substitute when my husband is on contract) to get boobs again. arrrgh.

I have a blog where I document this trip and vent.
www.nora'scancerblog.blogspot.com . I stopped the blog before radiation. I think the steroids made me more angry and depressed and i just hated reading it anymore
norkdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 01:40 PM   #4
AlaskaAngel

If you are wondering, because the original trials for adjuvant treatment were done using chemo + trastuzumab, we do not know which patients may benefit from using trastuzumab alone and which patients likely do not.

One reason why the benefit of chemo may be less for elderly patients is because they are generally postmenopausal. One of the main effects of chemotherapy is to bring on menopause in older patients.

If you are interested, check out the clinical trials below.

Trials offered at present to try to determine what the benefit is OR is not for elderly HER2 positive patients:

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/N...elderly&rank=2

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/N...elderly&rank=6

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/N...elderly&rank=1

We won't know unless we try to find out.
IDC 1.9 cm, some DCIS, Stage 1, Grade 3
Lumpectomy, CAFx6 (no blood boosters), IMRT rads, 1 3/4 yr tamoxifen
Rads necrosis
BRCA 1 & 2 negative
Trials: Early detection OVCA; 2004 low-dose testosterone for bc survivors
Diet: Primarily vegetarian organic; metformin (no diabetes), vitamin D3
Exercise: 7 days a week, 1 hr/day
No trastuzumab, no taxane, no AI
NED

Last edited by AlaskaAngel; 11-23-2013 at 01:43 PM.. Reason: menopausal effects of chemotherapy
AlaskaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 04:43 PM   #5
caya

IMHO, the docs are expert in their areas - the rad onc is the radiation onc. He knows all about radiation. The medical onc. (chemo) onc. knows all about meds - chemo, Tamoxifen, AIs etc. Her 2 is very aggressive, Nordko is right -hit it with everything you can on your first (and hopefully only) shot out there.... If you are ER+PR+ too, then see what the med. onc. has to say about AIs like Femara etc.

They will check out your heart function with a Muga scan or echo for Herceptin. Don't think that because you are 74 you should take the "easy" way out. I know an 80 year old woman who was Her2+ and did chemo and Herceptin. She did fine. Get a second opinion as Becky suggests - from a medical onc. You need rads for sure because you had a lumpectomy. I went full tilt and had a mastectomy and did not need rads because my 16 lymph nodes were all clear.

Good luck. We are here for you. You are a Warrior Woman now.

all the best
caya
MRM Dec.18/06
3 x FEC, 3 x Taxotere
Herceptin - every 3 weeks for a year, finished May 8/08

Tamoxifen - 2 1/2 years
Femara - Jan. 1, 2010 - July 18, 2012
BRCA1/BRCA2 Negative
Dignosed 10/16/06, age 48 , premenopausal
Mild lymphedema diagnosed June 2009 - breast surgeon and lymph. therapist think it's completely reversible - hope so.
Reclast infusion January 2012
Oopherectomy October 2013
15 Years NED!!
caya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 04:55 PM   #6
tricia keegan

I agree with all the above and would urge you to look at all your options.
Rads x 36 ..oophorectomy August '06
Currently taking Arimidex..
June 2011 osteopenia/ zometa x1 yearly- stopped Zometa 2015 as Dexa show normal bone density.
Stopped Arimidex July 2014- Restarted Arimidex 2015 for a further two years on the advice of my Onc.
2014 Normal Dexa scan
2018 Mammo all clear, still NED!
tricia keegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 05:05 PM   #7
AlaskaAngel

"Then I saw the chemo doctor. He said my cancer was very aggressive and I should have chemo. He wanted a Oncotype DX Breast test, but my insurance said it had to be HER2 negative before they would cover it."

Why would an expert like a chemo doctor recommend the Oncotype DX testing when the insurance company only pays for such a test if the patient is HER2 negative? Is it because the insurance company considers the HER2 positive diagnosis to be absolutely indicative of the importance of chemotherapy, but the oncologist doesn't?

???
Rads necrosis
BRCA 1 & 2 negative
NED
Old 11-24-2013, 04:56 AM   #8
michka

Don't accept that you are too old for chemo. What is important is your health before BC. If your heart is OK and if you feel OK then you should be considered like any woman. HER2 is aggressive. There are discussions for stage I but not for the others. It is the only discussion to have with your onc. There may also be an option of chemo-30% dosage although, as it has already been said here, oncs like to stick to standards. But most important, it is Your decision after being informed of the benefits/risks. Herceptin should be considered. Michka

12.2010 Mets to liver,Herceptin+Tykerb
03.2011 Liver resection ER+70% PR-
04.2011 Herceptin+Navelbine+750mg Tykerb
06.2011 Liver ned, Met to sternum. Added Zometa 09.2011 Cyberknife for sternum
11.2011 Pet clear. Stop Navelbine, continuing on Hercpetin+Tykerb+Aromasin
02.2012 Mets to lungs, nodes, liver
04.2012 TDM1, Ned in 07.2012
04.2015 Stop TDM1/Kadcyla, still Ned, liver problems
04.2016 Liver mets. Back on Kadcyla
08.2016 Kadcyla stopped working. mets to liver lungs bones
09.2016 Biopsy to liver. no more HER2, still ER+
09.2016 CMF Afinitor/Aromasin/ Xgeva.Met to eye muscle Cyberknife
01.2017 Gemzar/Carboplatin/ Ibrance/Faslodex then Taxotere
02.2017 30 micro mets to brain breathing getting worse and worse
04.2017 Liquid biopsy/CTC indicates HER2 again. Start Herceptin with Halaven
06.2017 all tumors shrunk 60% . more micro mets to brain (1mm mets) no symptoms
michka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:24 AM   #9
Judieru

Every response is so appreciated. I am so confused by the names and abbreviations, but it seems that chemo is what I have to do. "keep informed" on what? Do I look up every medicine, every reaction is different. Do I ask a doctor from the same group for an opinion, or go somewhere else? My family says no to chemo - they know less than I. At this point I just want to get something started. My emotions are in control.
Old 11-24-2013, 12:21 PM   #10
AlaskaAngel

Judieru,

Anyone who has been through this understands that there are no hard and fast rules or garanteed outcomes. Everyone here would like to have a way to make the choice based on a definite clear basis.

However, the person that "does the most toxic treatment" in fact may recur. The tendency among health care providers and patients is to lean more in the direction of caution. It really depends on your own personal level of risk tolerance, combined with as much as you are able to determine about how high the estimate is about your risk level. Different medical institutions and practitioners sometimes vary in their approach in deciding which patients get which treatments. There are two main bodies that provide guidelines. One is used more in the US, and the other is used more in Europe and the rest of the world. The NCCN guidelines are the ones most commonly used in the US. You may want to check out the guidelines offered in Europe as well.
Rads necrosis
BRCA 1 & 2 negative
NED
Old 11-24-2013, 12:55 PM   #11
StephN

Hi Judie -
Just stopped in here to help point you, as one can bat around looking at cancer sites forever!
NCCN stands for National Comprehensive Cancer Network.
Here is the link where you will find info on the specific subtypes of breast cancer - yes, SUBtypes. Clink on Breast cancer and some choices will appear. Check those.

http://www.nccn.org/professionals/ph...nes.asp#breast

MY STORY SO FAR ~~~~
Found suspicious lump 9/2000
Lumpectomy, then node dissection and port placement
Stage IIB, 8 pos nodes of 18, Grade 3, ER & PR -
Adriamycin 12 weekly, taxotere 4 rounds
36 rads - very little burning
3 mos after rads liver full of tumors, Stage IV Jan 2002, one spot on sternum
Weekly Taxol, Navelbine, Herceptin for 27 rounds to NED!
2003 & 2004 no active disease - 3 weekly Herceptin + Zometa
Jan 2005 two mets to brain - Gamma Knife on Jan 18
All clear until treated cerebellum spot showing activity on Jan 2006 brain MRI & brain PET
Brain surgery on Feb 9, 2006 - no cancer, 100% radiation necrosis - tumor was still dying
Continue as NED while on Herceptin & quarterly Zometa
Fall-2006 - off Zometa - watching one small brain spot (scar?)
2007 - spot/scar in brain stable - finished anticoagulation therapy for clot along my port-a-catheter - 3 angioplasties to unblock vena cava
2008 - Brain and body still NED! Port removed and scans in Dec.
Dec 2008 - stop Herceptin - Vaccine Trial at U of W begun in Oct. of 2011
STILL NED everywhere in Feb 2014 - on wing & prayer
7/14 - Started twice yearly Zometa for my bones
Jan. 2015 checkup still shows NED
2015 Neuropathy in feet - otherwise all OK - still NED.
Same news for 2016 and all of 2017.
Nov of 2017 - had small skin cancer removed from my face. Will have Zometa end of Jan. 2018.
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:51 PM   #12
AlaskaAngel

The European one is the St. Gallen breast cancer conference.

It is interesting to see how much the highly experienced and trained professional opinions vary when coming up with recommendations for guidelines, no matter which set of guidelines is used:

http://www.sisbreast.org/Material/Ar.../consensus.pdf
Rads necrosis
BRCA 1 & 2 negative
NED
Old 11-25-2013, 03:49 PM   #13
Judieru

I am strong, I can handle migraines so I can handle side effects of chemo. We will beat this.
My wonderful husband and two daughters went with me for the results of the DX - high risk, 67%, for such a small tumor and clear lymph nodes. Ecg Wednesday, port after Thanksgiving, start 90 min of Herceptin on Dec 9. then TCH (taxotere, cyoxan ,herceptin) every 3 weeks for 6 months.
6 weeks of radiation, Herceptin for 12 months and Arimidex for 10 years. We will tour the US in our RV before we leave.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:57 PM   #14
AlaskaAngel

Sounds like you've got your personal sense of direction in gear for the next decade of treatment - Best wishes!

A.A.
Rads necrosis
BRCA 1 & 2 negative
NED
Old 11-25-2013, 04:54 PM   #15
norkdo

Judieru!!!! YAAAAAHOOOOOO! I am so so proud of you. I applaud your excellent decision to live!!!! You will live for many may years more because of toughing out a wittle belly ache for four months! Ask for Emend, get the doctor on call to write a prescription for it. it's not covered, but it will absolutely prevent nausea, guaranteed. take it in the car on the way home. yes it is expensive but i guarantee you will be happy you did. I am laughing at my sayin "wittle belly ache" in light of how angry and crazy the steroids they give you during chemo make one sometimes....come here for advice on how to tolerate the bone pain...i had none during the taxotere (or equivalent) second half of my chemo co of taking preventative ibuprofen (Advil) and Vitamins A and E, I think it was....while others went crazy with bone pain, i.e. Denise.

I adore what you said about how well you have gotten through tough things in your life like migraine, so what's one more tough thing to be a hero through? Atta girl!!! Seventy four is young. Radio said the other day it's now ninety that women live to on average. I am so happy for you. Because of gutting this out early in the game you have a great chance, please God, of living to see your grandkids graduate! Well done girl~~ Stay strong and ask us any question at all no matter how embarrassing, etc...we are here for you.

mast/lymphectomy: june 7 2011, 5/20 cancerous nodes. stage 3a before radiation oncologist during our first mtg on july 15th says he found cancer on the lymph node of my breast bone. Now stage 3b.
her2+++, EN-, PN-. Rt brst tumors:3 at onset, 4.5 cm was the big one
chemos: 3fec's followed by 3 taxotere, total of 18 wks chemo. sept: halfway thru chemo the mastectomy scar decides to open and ooze pus. (not healed before chemo) eventually with canasten powder sent by friend in ny (illegal in canada) it heals.
radiations:although scheduled to begin 25 january 2012, I am so terrified by it (rads cause other cancers) I don't start til february, miss a bunch, reschedule them all and finally finish 35 rads mid april. reason for 7 extra atop the 28 scheduled is that when i first met my rads oncologist he said he saw a tumor on the lymph node of my breastbone. extra 7 are special kind of beam used for that lymphnode. rads onc tells me nobody ever took so long to do rads so he cannot speak for effectiveness. trials had been done only on consecutive days so......we'll see.....
10 mos of herceptin started 6 wks into chemo. canadian onc says 10 mos is just as effective as the full yr recommended by dr. slamon......so we'll see..completed july 2012.
Sept 18 2012: reconstruction and 3 drains. fails. i wear antibiotic pouch on my job for two months and have 60 consecutive days visiting a nursing centre where they apply burn victims' silver paper and clean the oozing infection daily. silicone leaks out daily. plastic surgeon in caribbean. emergency dept wont remove "his" work. He finally appears and orders me in into an emergency removal of implant. I make him promise no drains and I get my way. No infection as a result. Chest looks like a map of Brazil. Had a perfectly good left breast on Sept 17th but surgeon wanted to "save another woman an operation" ? so he had crashed two operations together on my left breast, foregoing the intermediary operation where you install an expander. the first surgeon a year earlier had flat out refused to waste five hours on his feet taking both boobs. flat out refusal. between the canadian health system saving money and both these asses, I got screwed. who knows when i can next get enough time off work (i work for myself and have no substitute when my husband is on contract) to get boobs again. arrrgh.

I have a blog where I document this trip and vent.
www.nora'scancerblog.blogspot.com . I stopped the blog before radiation. I think the steroids made me more angry and depressed and i just hated reading it anymore
norkdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:13 PM   #16
caya

Great plan Judieru - you can do it- sounds like you have great support with DH and DDs.

Take the anti-nausea meds before you actually start feeling nauseous - you don't want to play "catch up" with that feeling.

all the best
caya
MRM Dec.18/06
3 x FEC, 3 x Taxotere
Herceptin - every 3 weeks for a year, finished May 8/08

Tamoxifen - 2 1/2 years
Femara - Jan. 1, 2010 - July 18, 2012
BRCA1/BRCA2 Negative
Dignosed 10/16/06, age 48 , premenopausal
Mild lymphedema diagnosed June 2009 - breast surgeon and lymph. therapist think it's completely reversible - hope so.
Reclast infusion January 2012
Oopherectomy October 2013
15 Years NED!!

Last edited by caya; 11-26-2013 at 08:48 AM..
caya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:12 PM   #17
Judieru

Thanks girls, I don't know if I should cry, or just go to bed.
Your thoughts are a comfort to me.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:19 PM   #18
Coux92

good for you! You are as young as you feel, you may, however feel a bit older 2-3 days after chemo, but as you said you are strong! My Oncologist prescribed Emend for me to take day of chemo and for the following two days. It was covered by my insurance. I only had very minimal nausea using this, I think I only took "as needed" medication ~ 3 times.
Stay strong and Be Well!
5/15/13 dx IDC 1CM,
5/20/13 BRAC 1&2 neg
5/28/13 lumpectomy and SNB, ER/PR/Her-2+, Nodes neg,positive margins
6/13/13 revision of margins . Now clear
6/26/13 first TCH
Chemo Ninja~kutaki Zika Zukuchiri
10/18/13-Bx of calcification-neg whew
11/7/13 Started Radiation.
01/2014- Started Tamoxifen
06/09/14-Steriotactic BX left breast calcification-Benign
06/18/2014-completed one year of Herceptin!

Last edited by Coux92; 11-26-2013 at 01:20 PM.. Reason: typo
Coux92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:33 AM   #19
Judieru

I have been put on hold for a while, my surgeon is on vacation and booked solid until Dec 11th for the port. Should I just look for a local surgeon to put it in and get started with the chemo? Don't like waiting and doing nothing. My husband isn't well, so we don't go anywhere. I am trying to keep busy with sewing and getting ready for tax season (I volunteer for that), and think I should eat anything in sight. I want to sleep whenever I'm not eating, everything is confusing.
Old 11-29-2013, 11:42 AM   #20
MaineRottweilers

I am surprised that your surgeon has put you off for so long. Installing a port is a very short procedure and should be able to be fit in before 12/11. If they really can't get you in before that, I would certainly look for someone who could. However, I am impatient and would not be comfortable waiting.
5/1/13 IDC ER/PR- HER2/neu+++
5/14/13 Mastectomy and SN biopsy
5/20/13 IDC Stage IIb Grade 3 Nodes 1/4 also IDC and DCIS multi focal in remaining dissected tissue.
5/30/13 MUGA and CT thorax, abdomen & pelvis, establish baseline.
6/4/13 Installed my little purple power port.
6/14/13 Chemo started TCH
6/14/13 Informed of suspicious ares on scans scheduled PET.
7/1/13 PET Scan NED!
9/27/13 FINAL CHEMO taken! ----well, maybe not.
10/15/13 Three little tattoos.
10/24/13 Radiation begins and fourth tattoo placed.
11/27/13 Perfectly radiant! Radiation completed the day before Thanksgiving and so, so much to be thankful for this year and every day hereafter.
1/2/14 Happy New Year, you have a Goiter? Muga down to 59%.
1/17/14 Hashimoto's Dz Dx'd. Now maybe I'll feel BETTER!
5/2/14 Herceptin completed! New kitten!
8/19/14 Prophylactic mastectomy (right) and PORT OUT! I'm DONE and now I really am a SURVIVOR.
2/15 Started not feeling so swell. Memory lapses and GI issues with nausea and blurry vision.
4/30/15 U/S cystic gallbladder, cyst on right ovary and mass in my uterus. GYN consult scheduled---and cancelled. I'm not ready.
5/4/15 Brain MRI clear (big sigh of relief)
7/30/15 Back Pain
8/31/15 Radiograph: compression fracture L2
9/10/15 Bone Scan positive
9/21/15 CT scan conclusive for tumor
10/1/15 CT guided biopsy & Brain to Pelvis MRI reveal additional lesions on spine C6, T10, T11 and L2 is collapsing.
10/8/15 Abbreviated pathology: new tumor(s) poorly differentiated carcinoma consistent with known breast primary.
ER-/PR+ (40%)
HER2/neu+++ Ki-67 4% Pancytokeratin AE1/3 Strong Positivity in all malignant cells.
10/13/15 Abnormal Dexa: moderate risk of fracture to both femoral head/neck R&L. Significant risk to lumbar spine.
10/14/15 Radiation consult back to the cooker.
10/20/15 MUGA 50% down from 54% after a year off Herceptin (???)
10/21/15 Kyphoplasty L2
10/22/15 Re-start Chemo: Perjeta, Herceptin & Taxotere
10/26/15 PET Scan confirms C6, T10-11, L2, new lesion noted at L4 but no visceral involvement---Happy dance!!!
10//29/15 Xgeva
10/29/15 Radiation Simulation--three new tattoos to add to my collection. Just call me Dotty.
10/30/15 CA27-29 63 U/mol (<38 U/mol)
11/3/15 First Trip to see Dr. E. Mayer at DFCI
11/4/15 Surgical consult to re-install my little purple power port.
11/9/15 Radiation treatment one of five.
11/10/15 Installed my little purple power port and not a moment too soon, took them four tries to get an IV started today.
Yes, we really are going down this road again.
12/5/15 CT for suspected pulmonary embolism demonstrates increase in T10-11 mets.
12/8/15 Bone Scan uptake at T10-11 (not seen 9/17/15) & Right 8th Rib (not evident on PET 10/26/15)
12/10/15 Consult Re: PROGRESSION. Halt THP due today. Schedule PET and order TDM1 for next week. PLAN B.
12/14/15 PET scan: NO PROGRESSION! THP is working, metabolic activity minimal. Merry Christmas to me! Sticking with PLAN A, it's working.
1/7/16 Start Taxol weekly instead of Taxotere (has been too taxing and not rebounding between txs.) Zometa instead of Xgeva.
3/28/16 CT shows new sclerotic lesions on T12, L3, L5, L6, right ilium and head of right femur. No uptake on Bone Scan (progression????)
3/31/16 Discontinue Taxol start Arimidex, still getting H&P.
6/2/16 Discontinue Arimidex and start Exemestane.
6/18/16 PET is NEAD!!
7/1/16 Discontinue Exemestane and restart Armidex (SEs)
8/29/16 CT/Bone Scan Stable (still uptake at T10-11)
10/3/16 BSO pathology negative
10/10/16 MRI: Brain clear!
10/14/16 Switched care to Harold Alfond Center for Cancer Care
11/24/16 Xgeva, New MO preference to Zometa
12/12/16 CT/Bone scan Mostly stable significant uptake at L2 plan to PET
1/12/17 PET shows NEAD celebrate with a new puppy!
3/29/17 CT & BS = NEAD
7/31/17 Aetna denies access to H&P <gearing up for a fight>
8/4/17 CT& BS= STABLE
8/9/17 No treatment, Aetna still denying H&P
8/14/17 Aetna appeal approved H&P through February 2018!
2/5/18 CT & BS = STABLE

//
MaineRottweilers is offline   Reply With Quote