HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Profiles In Courage
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2007, 04:56 PM   #1
mymom's BC

My Mom's story

Hello everyone

This is for my mom. I wish I had found this board a few months ago. Only came across it recently. The stories shared on this board have been a wonderful.

I finally managed to write down the details of my mom's case to share with everyone. I took a lot of comfort reading +ve news from everyone as we were going thru the last few months.

My mom was diagnosed by my wife when she came to the US to help us with our then unborn baby boy. She diagnosed her the same week we had the baby and it was a week of unbelievable joy mixed with fear/sadness as we soon came to know she was stage 4.

It has been 7 unbelievable months and the baby and grandma are doing well. I realize that we were lucky with her responding so well to Herceptin but I am forever grateful at how strong and supportive my wife has been and how strong my mom has been thru this to get us here. It helps that both of them extremely strong willed and nothing fazes them. I recognize the same strengths in so many of you when I read the messages here. Thank you for being on the board and sharing.

Please drop me a line if you have any questions

/C
Rt Breast 5cm tumor and 1 Lymph node under arm +ve, Biopsy and FNA
1 small suspicious lesion on liver 1cm in diameter, Could not be biopsied due to location. Radiologist 90% sure it was a Met. Treatment plan assuming Stage IV.
---------------------------------------------
4 DD A/C
New Cat/MRI of liver showed shrinkage of lesion. Confirmed stage 4 (Most probably)
12 Wks Taxol/Herceptin
Restaged, all scans -ve
Took her to Dana Farber. Surgeons recommended local mgmt of tumor thru lumpectomy and lymph node biosy

Surgery 4/23, Lumpectomy 13 nodes under rt arm
Clean margins and -ve for cancer cells

NED

Scheduled for 33 rads starting 5/9
Hoping for a long period of NED!!
mymom's BC is offline   Reply With Quote