HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2012, 05:50 PM   #1
TriciaK

Latest from TriciaK

It's been awhile since I've posted, though I think of you all frequently and check the website as often as I can. Most of you know that I am 82, and have been battling BC since 1985, with active BC that year (including bilateral mastectomy and reconstruction, reoccurance in my spine in 1990, then nodules and her2 BC in my right lung in 2004 and 2010). I was able to go off chemo (halaven) 6 months ago and thought I would bounce right back as I had before. Unfortunately I did not. In fact I have grown weaker and weaker physically.I finally saw a pulmonologist a week ago, who treated me for pneumonia, and told me she thought I had some kind of debilitating chronic infection or inflamation. (I also have had chronic all-over itching for the past year!) She suggested that we wait until the results of the PET/CT scan I was due to have on May 29 to explore further. My home nurse got the blood test results yesterday and I saw that my cancer markers were up to what they were 2 years ago when I was diagnosed with BC in my right lung. I went in to see my oncologist today with some trepidation, afraid the cancer was back. Imagine my surprise and joy when I was told that the nodules had not grown and there was no sign of cancer!! My next step is to explore the inflamation possibility and try to get some strength back. I'll try to post more to let you know what is going on. This site has been a great blessing to me. I feel you are all inspirational and understanding friends. I hope someone is encouraged by the fact that I am 82 and still surviving after 27 years of fighting BC! Love and prayers, TriciaK
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote