HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-17-2006, 04:51 PM   #1
Sherryg683

Asthma like feeling?

I have been having some tightness in my lungs, almost feels like I have asthma or bronchitis. It makes me feel like I need to cough all the time. I've been having this on and off since June when I finished my radiation and it seems to get worse after I run or exercise. I am beginning to think that my playing tennis in 100 degree weather is not agreeing with me at all because I feel like I am hit by a train for a couple of days after I play. I really hate giving up the only physical activity that I have every really enjoyed, plus it's a social thing for me, my only friends are my tennis buddies. I am currently in remission and the 2 small lung mets that I had are gone, didnt' have any symptoms with them anyway. My last scan was also at the end of June, I am due for more scans at the end of September (my oncologists does them every 3 months). Has anyone else experienced this? My Oncologist said he thinks it's from the radiation and my lungs sound fine when he listens to them and he tells me to go out and do whatever I want physically. l am just wondering if I will ever feel normal again, I just don't have any energy anymore. For those of you that have gotten back to feeling good again...how long did it take? I'm just tired of feeling sick and tired all the time. I'm in remission, I feel like I should be getting back to some sort of normal. I'm afraid that I will reoccur and have to get back on chemo and never really have a period of feeling good again...sherryg683
Sherryg683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 12:46 AM   #2
tricia keegan

Pneumonitis?

Sherry hi,this sounds very similar to chronic pneumonitis which my friend was dx with some months after radiation.She had suffered for ages with it and the fatigue alone was very upsetting to her having got through all her treatments.When they finally dx it she was given an antibiotic and within 4-6 weeks after this was feeling fine.Just a though as although it is rare to get it after rads (she was told)it is possible.
Tricia
tricia keegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 05:16 AM   #3
Sherryg683

Thanks Tricia, I have heard of that , I will question my Dr. about it next time I see him. ..tks..sherry
Sherryg683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 07:29 AM   #4
MJo

A woman in my support group has just finished radiation. I finished two weeks ago. We cough together in the support group. I have a dry cough. Just like you, Sherry, I would love to feel like myself again.
MJo is offline   Reply With Quote