HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-14-2008, 07:20 AM   #1
dlaxague

ER+, HER2+ - time to recurrence?

Hi all,

I'm asking a question for a chemo buddy. Over 7 years ago, we met during chemo. We had similar diagnostic details except her cancer was ERPR+. We were in the same adjuvant Herceptin trial (she got the Herceptin). We are both NED for these 7 years.

So we were talking recently and I said that I felt like (knock wood), it was unlikely that my cancer would recur this far out, given its ERPR-, HER2+ status. IOW, it was at higher risk of recurrence early-on, but now that risk was probably quite small. She said that was fine for me, but for her, being ERPR+, she still felt at high risk of recurrence. So I told her that I would ask on this forum:

For those whose primary diagnosis was ERPR+, HER2+, and node positive, and who had a distant recurrence - what is the farthest out from primary diagnosis that someone has gone before mets developed? I realize that for those who got Herceptin, it can't be much more than 7 years out (because that's about when Herceptin became available in trials for adjuvant treatment). But what about without Herceptin?

Thanks for your help.
Debbie Laxague
3/01 ~ Age 49, occult primary announced by large axillary node found by my husband. Multiple CBE's, mammogram, U/S could not find anything in the breast. Axillary node biopsy - pathology said + for "mets above diaphragm, probably breast".
4/01 ~ Bilateral mastectomies (LMRM, R simple) - 1.2cm IDC was found at pathology.
5 of 11 axillary nodes positive, largest = 6cm. Stage IIIA
ERPR 5%/1% (re-done later at Baylor, both negative at zero).
HER2neu positive by IHC and FISH (8.89).
Lymphovascular invasion, grade 3, 8/9 modified SBR.
TX: Control of arm of NSABP B-31's adjuvant Herceptin trial (no Herceptin): A/C x 4 and Taxol x 4 q3weeks, then rads. Arimidex for two years, stopped after second patholgy opinion.
dlaxague is offline   Reply With Quote