HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-2005, 02:10 PM   #1
RhondaH

Stage 1 to brain mets in 10 months...

what are the chances. I was dx 2/1/05 w/ Stage 1, no nodes, ER-PR-, Grade 3, Her2+ (FISH 3.16). Had partial mastectomy 2/7/05, finished 6 rounds of dose dense TEC (Taxotere, Epirubicin and Cytoxan) on 5/18/05, finished 33 rads 8/1/05 and began what will be 1 yr of Herceptin every 3 weeks on 8/18/05. Ever since starting Herceptin I have had on and off dizziness (I see this is one of the side effects). 11/22, after my 2nd WEEKLY dose of Herceptin (onc switched to weekly thinking this would help as my liver enzymes were rising and this did, all back to normal) I began developing eye drainage (onc thought was eye infection, prescribed eye drops, but the drainage is still there) this past week or 2 my vision has become blurred, I've had teeth pressure, ear pressure, light headed, swollen cheek, neck pain (pcp today said that my glands are a little swollen) and drainage into my throat. This past week, my right arm and hand (this is my affected side) has started to tingle a little more than usual (this may be due to the rope climbing my 4 yo talked me into last weekend) than from the neuropathy I got from the Taxotere. I have a ct scan tomorrow night. I know Herceptin doesn't cross the blood brain barrier and also it SEEMS (though isn't the rule) that brain mets occur (with the exception of Christine going from Stage 1 to 4 brain mets 8 yrs after her original dx) AFTER other mets have occured, but how likely would you think this is brain mets from Stage 1, 10 months from original dx? Thanks for the support.

Rhonda Hoffman

PS, On 11/22/05 I had a CT of the abdomen and Chest xray done due to abdominal pain...both were normal.

Last edited by RhondaH; 12-21-2005 at 02:39 PM.. Reason: Revision
RhondaH is offline   Reply With Quote