HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-01-2008, 02:14 AM   #1
Lani

for those considering using or using estrogen containing vaginal creams or pills

Menopause. 2008 Sep 26. [Epub ahead of print]

Effect of one-week treatment with vaginal estrogen preparations on serum estrogen levels in postmenopausal women.

Labrie F, Cusan L, Gomez JL, Côté I, Bérubé R, Bélanger P, Martel C, Labrie C.
From the Oncology and Molecular Endocrinology Research Center, Laval University Hospital Research Center (CRCHUL) and Laval University, Quebec, Canada.
OBJECTIVE:: Approximately 50% of postmenopausal women suffer from vaginal atrophy, and a large proportion of them choose intravaginal estrogen preparations administered for local action to avoid systemic exposure to estrogens and its associated risk of breast and uterine cancer. The primary objective of this study was the evaluation of the systematic bioavailability of estradiol and estrone and the pharmacokinetics of two of the most frequently used intravaginal estrogen preparations, namely Vagifem and Premarin cream. DESIGN:: While immunobased assays could not previously provide accurate measurement of serum estrogen concentrations in postmenopausal women, we have used validated mass spectrometry assays to measure the pharmacokinetics of serum estradiol and estrone during the 24 hours following the seventh daily application of 25 microg estradiol (Vagifem) and 1 g (0.625 mg) conjugated estrogens (Premarin) cream in 10 postmenopausal women in each group. RESULTS:: Serum estradiol was increased on average by 5.4-fold from 3 to 17 pg/mL during the 24-hour period after daily administration of 25 mug estradiol or 1 g (0.625 mg) conjugated estrogens cream. Serum estrone, conversely, increased 150% with Vagifem and 500% with Premarin cream. CONCLUSIONS:: The present data using validated, accurate, and sensitive mass spectrometry assays of estrogens show that the Vagifem pill and Premarin cream, after 1 week of daily treatment, cause an approximately fivefold increase in serum estradiol in postmenopausal women, thus indicating that the effects are unlikely to be limited to the vagina and that systemic actions are expected after application of these intravaginal estrogen preparations.
PMID: 18820592 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
Lani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 03:16 AM   #2
Alice

Question

Thank you for posting this. I know that my onc and gyno were both not sure of the systemic effects. I would like to know if you have any information about whether or not a person with er/pr- should be concerned about estrogen for the primary tumor and also what chances we have of having a secondary cancer that is er/pr+?
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 08:39 AM   #3
hutchibk

If I read this right, I think I am really glad that we have stuck to Estrace...

NOV 2012 - 9 yr anniversary
JULY 2012 - 7 yr anniversary stage IV (of 50...)

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Rt side mastectomy, Her2+, ER/PR+, 10 nodes out, one node positive
Jan'04~
Taxotere/Adria/Cytoxan x 6, NED, no Rads, Tamox. 1 year, Arimadex 3 mo., NED 14 mo.
Sept'05~
micro mets lungs/chest nodes/underarm node, Switched to Aromasin, T/C/H x 7, NED 6 months - Herceptin only
Aug'06~
micro mets chest nodes, & bone spot @ C3 neck, Added Taxol to Herceptin
Feb'07~ Genetic testing, BRCA 1&2 neg

Apr'07~
MRI - two 9mm brain mets & 5 punctates, new left chest met, & small increase of bone spot C3 neck, Stopped Aromasin
May'07~
Started Tykerb/Xeloda, no WBR for now
June'07~
MRI - stable brain mets, no new mets, 9mm spots less enhanced, CA15.3 down 45.5 to 9.3 in 10 wks, Ty/Xel working magic!
Aug'07~
MRI - brain mets shrunk half, NO NEW BRAIN METS!!, TMs stable @ 9.2
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
scans still show NED in the head, small bone spot on right iliac crest (rear pelvic bone)
Sept'08~
MRI shows activity in brain mets, completed 5 fractions/5 consecutive days of IMRT to zap the pesky buggers
Oct'08~
dropped Xeloda, switched to tri-weekly Herceptin in combo with Tykerb, extend to tri-monthly Zometa infusion
Dec'08~
Brain MRI- 4 spots reduced to punctate size, large spot shrunk by 3mm, CT of torso clear/pelvis spot stable
June'09~
new 3-4mm left cerrebellar spot zapped with IMRT targeted rads
Sept'09~
new 6mm & 1 cm spots in pituitary/optic chiasm area. Rx= 25 days of 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the tumors.
Oct'09~
25 days of low dose 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the bone mets spot on rt. iliac crest that have been watching for 2 years. Added daily Aromasin back into treatment regimen.
Apr'10~ Brain MRI clear! But, see new small spot on adrenal gland. Change from Aromasin back to Tamoxifen.
June'10~ Tumor markers (CA15.3) dropped from 37 to 23 after one month on Tamoxifen. Continue to monitor adrenal gland spot. Remain on Tykerb/Herceptin/Tamoxifen.
Nov'10~ Radiate positive mediastinal node that was pressing on recurrent laryngeal nerve, causing paralyzed larynx and a funny voice.
Jan'11~ MRI shows possible activity or perhaps just scar tissue/necrotic increase on 3 previously treated brain spots and a pituitary spot. 5 days of IMRT on 4 spots.
Feb'11~ Enrolled in T-DM1 EAP in Denver, first treatment March 25, 2011.
Mar'11~ Finally started T-DM1 EAP in Denver at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center/Rose on Mar. 25... hallelujah.

"I would rather be anecdotally alive than statistically dead."
hutchibk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 09:55 AM   #4
dlaxague

Estrace - I use it too but "heard" this study differently

Brenda said: "If I read this right, I think I am really glad that we have stuck to Estrace..."

Hmm. I dunno. The only reason Estrace wasn't implicated was that they didn't study it. I'd assume that its absorption would be just as bad (or good, depending upon your perspective). I started with Estring which at that time had shown the smallest systemic absorption. But over the years that just wasn't cutting it and now I use a dab of Estrace.

However. This is just one study. There are other (older) studies that do not show much systemic change and what they show is typically still within normal menopausal ranges. I don't have those normal ranges at the tip of my fingers so cannot say if this studies "5-fold increase" took the levels above normal menopausal ranges.

Plus, I'm assuming that the dose used (1g of Premarin cream) is much larger than my dab - an applicator-ful I'd guess.

So I'm hedging, on my personal decision. I wish they'd do some large studies on menopausal breast cancer survivors. Since the majority are on hormone therapy, I'd like to see these results of serum levels for those on Tamoxifen, and especially on AI's. But the only thing that will really tell the tale is to do long term recurrence and survival studies. And that won't be in time to help us figure out the best thing for us, today.

Debbie Laxague
dlaxague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 10:07 AM   #5
RobinP

Dr. Love Recommends Only Using The Smallest Amount Of Vaginal Estrogen Cream To Combat Vaginal Atrophy And Assoc. Symptoms, Which May Have A Lot Less Serum Estrogen Level Impact.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:17 AM   #6
Becky

As a Premarin cream user (down to 0.5g every other Wednesday), I want to comment that we don't know the vaginal atrophic state of the women in the study. If they started out fully atrophic, then their vaginal vault had no mature cells in the lining to prevent any absorption of estrogens into the bloodstream. Also, they were using the cream everyday at 1g (1g - 1.5g is the usual dose to be given daily via package directions. After relief, one should scale back to the smallest effective dose). So, they are measuring the estrogen uptake during the absolute worst time ever_ during true therapy to replenish local estrogen levels in order to get maturation of immature vaginal epithelial cells. Not a good study at all. Good only in that we know that even Estring causes a temporary rise in systemic estrogen for the same reason and then it scales back.

I have had my prior to use level taken and then my onc didn't want to remeasure until after 6 wks on Estring (started with this product) and my level was the same. At 9 months, I switched to the small dose of Premarin once a week to "maintain" and I eventually moved to the once every other week and I am fine. I don't worry about this issue at all due to a healthy vagina protecting me as well as such a reduced use.

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"

Last edited by Becky; 10-01-2008 at 01:23 PM..
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 11:59 AM   #7
Hopeful

Becky,

I agree with you - this does not seem to be a very well designed study. Also, the amounts of these preparations the participants used, plus the frequency of use, are not at all what bc patients are advised to do, so the applicability to our demographic is not a one-to-one correspondence.

My surgeon and gyn are very supportive of my use of Estrace under their supervision and as they direct, which is very similar to your usage. My rads onc would prefer I use e-string, but is not against local estrogen therapy in general.

Some parts of the body require some estrogen to function, and they are parts I, for one, want in good working order!

Hopeful
Hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:15 PM   #8
AlaskaAngel

One more opinion

Having used the Estring for several years as a Stage I, and then dropping off it for various reasons, I agree with Hopeful and Becky that even though it is in some ways less convenient to use Estrace than the Estring, using Estrace does let one adjust the dose to fit the need better. I'm back on the Estring at present, but planning to get a prescription for Estrace. Also, I did find that the Estring ring itself ended up being somewhat uncomfortable for intercourse at times (it seemed to pull on the tissues sometimes with movements).

AlaskaAngel
AlaskaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:50 PM   #9
hutchibk

Thanks Debbie, I actually thought of that after I posted, LOL. I must also clarify that on my recurrence we found I came back as ER negative, so we don't think I am in too much danger from a mild amount of systemic effect. That said, I also haven't been using it very regularly at all for about 6 months, mostly out of laziness.

NOV 2012 - 9 yr anniversary
JULY 2012 - 7 yr anniversary stage IV (of 50...)

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Rt side mastectomy, Her2+, ER/PR+, 10 nodes out, one node positive
Jan'04~
Taxotere/Adria/Cytoxan x 6, NED, no Rads, Tamox. 1 year, Arimadex 3 mo., NED 14 mo.
Sept'05~
micro mets lungs/chest nodes/underarm node, Switched to Aromasin, T/C/H x 7, NED 6 months - Herceptin only
Aug'06~
micro mets chest nodes, & bone spot @ C3 neck, Added Taxol to Herceptin
Feb'07~ Genetic testing, BRCA 1&2 neg

Apr'07~
MRI - two 9mm brain mets & 5 punctates, new left chest met, & small increase of bone spot C3 neck, Stopped Aromasin
May'07~
Started Tykerb/Xeloda, no WBR for now
June'07~
MRI - stable brain mets, no new mets, 9mm spots less enhanced, CA15.3 down 45.5 to 9.3 in 10 wks, Ty/Xel working magic!
Aug'07~
MRI - brain mets shrunk half, NO NEW BRAIN METS!!, TMs stable @ 9.2
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
scans still show NED in the head, small bone spot on right iliac crest (rear pelvic bone)
Sept'08~
MRI shows activity in brain mets, completed 5 fractions/5 consecutive days of IMRT to zap the pesky buggers
Oct'08~
dropped Xeloda, switched to tri-weekly Herceptin in combo with Tykerb, extend to tri-monthly Zometa infusion
Dec'08~
Brain MRI- 4 spots reduced to punctate size, large spot shrunk by 3mm, CT of torso clear/pelvis spot stable
June'09~
new 3-4mm left cerrebellar spot zapped with IMRT targeted rads
Sept'09~
new 6mm & 1 cm spots in pituitary/optic chiasm area. Rx= 25 days of 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the tumors.
Oct'09~
25 days of low dose 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the bone mets spot on rt. iliac crest that have been watching for 2 years. Added daily Aromasin back into treatment regimen.
Apr'10~ Brain MRI clear! But, see new small spot on adrenal gland. Change from Aromasin back to Tamoxifen.
June'10~ Tumor markers (CA15.3) dropped from 37 to 23 after one month on Tamoxifen. Continue to monitor adrenal gland spot. Remain on Tykerb/Herceptin/Tamoxifen.
Nov'10~ Radiate positive mediastinal node that was pressing on recurrent laryngeal nerve, causing paralyzed larynx and a funny voice.
Jan'11~ MRI shows possible activity or perhaps just scar tissue/necrotic increase on 3 previously treated brain spots and a pituitary spot. 5 days of IMRT on 4 spots.
Feb'11~ Enrolled in T-DM1 EAP in Denver, first treatment March 25, 2011.
Mar'11~ Finally started T-DM1 EAP in Denver at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center/Rose on Mar. 25... hallelujah.

"I would rather be anecdotally alive than statistically dead."
hutchibk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 10:55 PM   #10
SoCalGal

CAn I just overshare and add my two cents....Becky did you say vaginal vault?lol. Okay - I'll admit I am immature when it comes to discussing the hoo-hoo and hee-hee areas. However-I did start on the vagina pill (vagifem) and had very happy results (the vault was easily unlocked) but had BAD BAD migraine (not tonight dear...I have a headache) headaches. So the onc had me switch to estrace cream - gave me the "little dab'il'do'ya" directions. Like Brenda I was LAZY about the dabbing and lo and behold I have another freakin' UTI. So I am on Keflex - like I need another drug in my life. But I still am reluctant to use the cream - not because of fear of cancer but because I can't seem to use any amount of hormones without getting hot flashes and headaches. I can deal with the flashing - I cannot deal with the headaches - they are big and bad. Please post any ideas for me. I am frustrated but want a working vault (well oiled). I also use replens et al.
‘03 latisimus dorsi flap to remove skin mets. CLEAN MARGINS. Continue single agent Herceptin thru 4/04. NED.
‘04 '05 & 06 tiny recurrences - scar line. surgery to cut out. NED each time.
1/2006 Rads again, to scar line. NED.

3/07 Heartbreaking news - mets! lungs.sternum. Try Tykerb/Xeloda. Tykerb/Carbo/Gemzar. Switch Oncs.
12/07 Herceptin.Tykerb. Markers go stable.
2/8/08 gamma knife 13mm stupid brain met.
3/08 Herceptin/tykerb/avastin/zometa.
3/09 brain NED. Lungs STABLE.
4/09 attack sternum (10 daysPHOTONS.5 days ELECTRONS)
9/09 MARKERS normal!
3/10 PET/CT=manubrium intensely metabolically active but stable. NEDhead.
Wash out 5/10 for tdm1 but 6/10 CT STABLE, PET improving. Markers normal. Brain NED. Resume just Herceptin plus ZOMETA
Dec 2010 Brain NED, lungs/sternum stable. markers normal.
MAR 2011 stop Herceptin/allergy! Go back on Tykerb and switch to Xgeva.
May-Aug 2011 Tykerb Herceptin Xgeva.
Sept 2011 Tykerb, Herceptin, Zometa, Avastin.
April 2012 sketchy drug trial in NYC. 6 weeks later I’m NED!
OCT 2012 PET/CT shows a bunch of freakin’ progression. Back to LA and Herceptin.avastin.zometa.
12/20/12 add in PERJETA!
March 2013 – 5 YEARS POST continue HAPZ
APRIL 2013 - 6 yrs stage 4. "FAILED" PETscan on 4/2/13
May 2013: rePetted - improvement in lungs, left adrenal stable, right 6th rib inactive, (must be PERJETA avastin) sternum and L1 fruckin'worsen. Drop zometa. ADD Xgeva. Doc says get rads consultant for L1 and possible biopsy of L1. I say, no thanks, doc. Lets see what xgeva brings to the table first. It's summer.
June-August 2013HAPX Herceptin Avastin Perjeta xgeva.
Sept - now - on chemo hold for calming tummy we hope. Markers stable for 2 months.
Nov 2013 - Herceptin-Perjeta-Avastin-Xgeva (collageneous colitis, which explains tummy probs, added Entocort)
December '13 BRAIN MRI ned in da head.
Jan 2014: CONTINUING on HAPX…
FEB 2014 PetCT clinical “impression”: 1. newbie nodule - SUV 1.5 right apical nodule, mildly hypermetabolic “suggestive” of worsening neoplastic lesion. 2. moderate worsening of the sternum – SUV 5.6 from 3.8
3. increasing sclerosis & decreasing activity of L1 met “suggests” mild healing. (SUV 9.4 v 12.1 in May ‘13)
4. scattered lung nodules, up to 5mm in size = stable, no increased activity
5. other small scattered sclerotic lesions, one in right iliac and one in thoracic vertebral body similar in appearance to L1 without PET activity and not clearly pathologic
APRIL 2014 - 6 YRS POST GAMMA ZAP, 7 YRS MBC & 18 YEARS FROM ORIGINAL DX!
October 2014: hold avastin, continue HPX
Feb 2015 Cancer you lost. NEDHEAD 7 years post gamma zap miracle, 8 years ST4, +19 yrs original diagnosis.
Continue HPX. Adding back Avastin
Nov 2015 pet/ct is mixed result. L1 SUV is worse. Continue Herceptin/avastin/xgeva. Might revisit Perjeta for L1. Meantime going for rads consult for L1
December 2015 - brain stable. Continue Herceptin, Perjeta, Avastin and xgeva.
Jan 2016: 5 days, 20 grays, Rads to L1 and continue on HAPX. I’m trying to "save" TDM1 for next line. Hope the rads work to quiet L1. Sciatic pain extraordinaire :((
Markers drop post rads.
2/24/16 HAP plus X - markers are down
SCIATIC PAIN DEAL BREAKER.
3/23/16 Laminectomy w/coflex implant L4/5. NO MORE SCIATIC PAIN!!! Healing.
APRIL 2016 - 9 YRS MBC
July 2016 - continue HAP plus Xgeva.
DEC 2016 - PETCT: mets to sternum, lungs, L1 still about the same in size and PET activity. Markers not bad. Not making changes if I don't need to. Herceptin/Perjeta/Avastin/Xgeva
APRIL 2017 10 YEARS MBC
December 2017 - Progression - gonna switch it up
FEB 2018 - Kadcyla 3 cycles ---->progression :(
MAY30th - bronchoscopy, w/foundation1 - her2 enriched
Aug 27, 2018 - start clinical trial ZW25
JAN 2019 - ZW25 seems to be keeping me stable
APRIL 2019 - ONE DOZEN YEARS LIVING METASTATIC
MAY 2019 - progression back on herceptin add xeloda
JUNE 2019 - "6 mos average survival" LMD & CNS new single brain met - one zap during 5 days true beam SBRT to cord met
10/30/19 - stable brain and cord. progression lungs and bones. washing out. applying for ds8201a w nivolumab. hope they take me.
12/27/19 - begin ds8401a w nivolumab. after 2nd cycle nodes melt away. after 3rd cycle chest scan shows Improvement, brain MRI shows improvement, resolved areas & nothing new. switch to plain ENHERTU. after 4th cycle, PETscan shows mostly resolved or improved results. Markers near normal. I'm stunned but grateful.
10/26/20 - June 2021 Tucatinib/xeloda/herceptin - stable ish.
SoCalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:27 PM   #11
Jackie07

Well, I am joining the club. There was some bleeding when I had a pap smear last Friday, so the doctor (a physician's assistant) gave me a prescription for Premarin. She said to apply a very small amount to the outer and the opening area 3 times weekly as needed. I saw her the beginning of last week because of UTI. And she found out I was overdue for the exam.

I remembered there were discussions about the subject. So I did a search by keyword. Just wanted to thank everyone who has been contributing to this board. It made a world of difference. (And special thanks to Joe, Christine, and our sponsors.)

NICU 4.4 LB
Erythema Nodosum 85
Life-long Central Neurocytoma 4x5x6.5 cm 23 hrs 62090 semi-coma 10 d PT OT ST 30 d
3 Infertility tmts 99 > 3 u. fibroids > Pills
CN 3 GKRS 52301
IDC 1.2 cm Her2 +++ ER 5% R. Lmptmy SLNB+1 71703 6 FEC 33 R Tamoxifen
Recc IIB 2.5 cm Bi-L Mast 61407 2/9 nds PET
6 TCH Cellulitis - Lymphedema - compression sleeve & glove
H w x 4 MUGA 51 D, J 49 M
Diastasis recti
Tamoxifen B. scan
Irrtbl bowel 1'09
Colonoscopy 313
BRCA1 V1247I
hptc hemangioma
Vertigo
GI - > yogurt
hysterectomy/oophorectomy 011410
Exemestane 25 mg tab 102912 ~ 101016 stopped due to r. hip/l.thigh pain after long walk
DEXA 1/13
1-2016 lesions in liver largest 9mm & 1.3 cm onco. says not cancer.
3-11 Appendectomy - visually O.K., a lot of puss. Final path result - not cancer.
Start Vitamin D3 and Calcium supplement (600mg x2)
10-10 Stopped Exemestane due to r. hip/l.thigh pain OKed by Onco 11-08-2016
7-23-2018 9 mm groundglass nodule within the right lower lobe with indolent behavior. Due to possible adenocarcinoma, Recommend annual surveilence.
7-10-2019 CT to check lung nodule.
1-10-2020 8mm stable nodule on R Lung, two 6mm new ones on L Lung, a possible lymph node involvement in inter fissule.
"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY." Irene from Tampa

Advocacy is a passion .. not a pastime - Joe

Last edited by Jackie07; 03-02-2009 at 05:34 PM..
Jackie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:26 PM   #12
rondo

Jackie,
Premarin cream contains horse estrogens which include estrone (E1), one of the estrogens that stimulate breast tissue. Estrace and some others contain estradiol (E2), which can also stimulate tumor growth. Estriol (E3) is available from compounding pharmacies as a 0.5% vaginal cream. It is HIGHLY effective for vaginal atrophy and dryness, and does NOT stimulate breast tissue in vivo or in vitro. (It also probably does not help bone density or blood lipids as the other estrogens can). But for BC patients and survivors, it is MUCH safer than estrone or estradiol. Why isn't it promoted? It isn't availabe as a patented drug so no drug company profit motives. Most physicians do not distinguish one "estrogen" from another, including those identical to the ones our ovaries make versus those that are synthetic and chemically just slightly different, which allows them to be patented as drugs.
IDC 6 mm l.b. 3/08 age 49; ER <1%+; PR -; KI67 40%; HER2 +++by FISH; lumpectomy/snb 4/08; extensive dcis found at surgery (didn't show in bx or mammo); micromet in sn; MRI breasts and chest 4/08-NED; re-excision l.b. 5/08; refused axillary node dissection; no ca found in re-excision tissue. TCH q 3 wk x 6 finished 10/08; whole breast rad x 7 wk finished 12/08; refused axillary and supraclavicular rad. Herceptin thru 6/09. Refused tamoxifen & aromatase inhibitors.
1/13 so far so good:-) have vestibular hypofunction from chemo but its all good since now officially on borrowed time!

Last edited by rondo; 03-02-2009 at 03:28 PM.. Reason: misspelled
rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:27 PM   #13
Jackie07

Uh, oh - am I going to turn into a horse now?

Thanks for the cautioning. I've applied it just once so far. Will do some more research before continuing.

Since I am taking Tamoxifen, I wonder if the cancer drug has enough power to ward off any possible estrogen effect brought on by either the pills or cream for vaginal atrophy.

Certainly we don't want (or need) to take a chance to increase the probability of recurrence. Thanks again.

NICU 4.4 LB
Erythema Nodosum 85
Life-long Central Neurocytoma 4x5x6.5 cm 23 hrs 62090 semi-coma 10 d PT OT ST 30 d
3 Infertility tmts 99 > 3 u. fibroids > Pills
CN 3 GKRS 52301
IDC 1.2 cm Her2 +++ ER 5% R. Lmptmy SLNB+1 71703 6 FEC 33 R Tamoxifen
Recc IIB 2.5 cm Bi-L Mast 61407 2/9 nds PET
6 TCH Cellulitis - Lymphedema - compression sleeve & glove
H w x 4 MUGA 51 D, J 49 M
Diastasis recti
Tamoxifen B. scan
Irrtbl bowel 1'09
Colonoscopy 313
BRCA1 V1247I
hptc hemangioma
Vertigo
GI - > yogurt
hysterectomy/oophorectomy 011410
Exemestane 25 mg tab 102912 ~ 101016 stopped due to r. hip/l.thigh pain after long walk
DEXA 1/13
1-2016 lesions in liver largest 9mm & 1.3 cm onco. says not cancer.
3-11 Appendectomy - visually O.K., a lot of puss. Final path result - not cancer.
Start Vitamin D3 and Calcium supplement (600mg x2)
10-10 Stopped Exemestane due to r. hip/l.thigh pain OKed by Onco 11-08-2016
7-23-2018 9 mm groundglass nodule within the right lower lobe with indolent behavior. Due to possible adenocarcinoma, Recommend annual surveilence.
7-10-2019 CT to check lung nodule.
1-10-2020 8mm stable nodule on R Lung, two 6mm new ones on L Lung, a possible lymph node involvement in inter fissule.
"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY." Irene from Tampa

Advocacy is a passion .. not a pastime - Joe

Last edited by Jackie07; 03-02-2009 at 05:38 PM..
Jackie07 is offline   Reply With Quote