HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2011, 03:03 PM   #1
TriciaK

TriciaK checking in!

Thank you all so much for your loving concern--I have been having a pretty rough time, but if not thriving, at least still surviving. Am still on halavan alone, no herceptin, and my tumor markers (ca 27/29 and cea) are slowly going down. I am able to keep food down, though not much or a wide variety, but better than with so many chemos. I am extremely weak, though, and unable to do much, even be on my computer. I have a home nurse twice a week and other helpers, but am not on hospice. I am still fighting, but get more discouraged than I ever have---then I remind myself I am close to 82 years old, have lived a long, full life inspite of fighting BC four times in 26 years, and having a bad heart and scoliosis pain . So what if I have no hair (wisps of snow white!), no eyelashes and no eyebrows!! I am blessed to have a good husband and a wonderful posterity, and many valued friends, including all of you. I have a great deal of faith and a positive outlook. My last PET scan in early June showed that the lung tumors are still there but have not grown much, and my oncologist says if the October scan looks as good I may be able to stop the chemo. So I still have so much to be thankful for! I am a little nervous about the winter months because I usually manage at least one bout of pnuemonia, but I am trying to be positive and keep expecting the best. I will try to get online more and will let you know how the next scan looks. Thank you all so much for messages and love! You mean so much to me! Hugs, TriciaK
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote