Arimidex for 5 years
Prophylactic mastectomy June 22/09

" I yam what I yam." - Popeye

My Photo Album
PinkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:40 PM   #42
harrie

Hi PinkGirl,
Sorry to be taking so long to get back. My son is home for a couple of wks and when any of the kids are home....EVERYTHING takes a backseat! BYW, those flowers are really pretty!!

Yea, I guess the mean voice can be "right" to a certain extent when it is quite obvious something was definitely screwed up. But I think the mean voice just lets it sit there and fester in our minds, waiting for the opportunity to manifest itself again and again and again rather then just recognizing that it happened and letting go with a fresh slate.

1993: right side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads
1999: left side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads, tamoxifen

2006:
BRCA 2 positive
Stage I, invasive DCIS (6mm x 5mm)
Grade: intermediate
sentinal node biopsy: neg
HER2/neu amplified 4.7
ER+/PR+
TOPO II neg
Oncotype dx 20
Bilat mastectomy with DIEP flap reconstruction
oophorectomy

2007:
6 cycles TCH (taxotere, carboplatin, herceptin)
finished 1 yr herceptin 05/07
Arimidex, stopped after almost 1 yr
Femara
harrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:33 AM   #43
RobinP

Smile thanks Andi ...

Andi,
You have such wonderful insights on connecting to your positive divine self. I think it is so important to do that and define your own destiny, rather than letting negative thoughts and experiences overwhelm and spoil what great things are available and possible. Andi, you are a precious positive inspiration to these boards and I truly enjoy reading your posts and feel up-lifted by them.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:16 AM   #44
harrie

Can't wait for Andi to come out with her book!!!

2006:
BRCA 2 positive
HER2/neu amplified 4.7
ER+/PR+
TOPO II neg
Oncotype dx 20
oophorectomy

2007:
Femara
Old 08-29-2008, 05:23 PM   #45
jones7676

Location: I live in Christmas, MI - located on the shores of Lake Superior.
I believe stress is a contributor, but, I know people who are under a lot more stress than me. They abuse thier bodies, eat poorly, etc. and they do not have cancer. I would like to blame where I live as our community has an extremely high cancer rate. But they have lived here all thier lives and seem to be able to resist it. I wish I knew the answer. I'm sure stress doesn't help...but...sometimes I think it is just predestination. It scares me because I don't know "why me". You know what I mean?

10/03 Radical Mastectomy 3 cm tumor - 1/17 Nodes Stage II B, Her 2 +++ ER-/PR- 11/03 4 AC 4 Taxol 12/05 Stage IV - Lung met , Bone mets - Carbo, Taxotere, Herceptin 9/06 - 2 cm brain tumor 10/06 - Tumor removal surgery - Herceptin Halted 12/06 gamma knife tumor base.1/07 Navelbine/Herceptin 4/07 Rads to R femur 5/07 Stereotactic - new 2 cm brain tumor 4/07 Start Xeloda 5/07 Tykerb added 7/07 Brain MRI clean 10/07 .055 cm brain met found. 12/07 Stereotactic -1 cm brain tumor Start Tykerb 11/07 Abraxane/Herceptin 5/08 Cisplatin, Gemcitabine/Herceptin 6/08 Stereotactic to 1cm 9/08 Stereotactic repeat (growth). 11/08 Pet Scan Good but new tiny met on L lung/dead Brain surgery (no cancer cells found/scar tissue) 1/09 Chemo restarted 2/09 Pet Scan Bad - R larger very active/active L active lymph nodes both sides of chest MRI- mets slight increase 2/09 Start Doxil/Tykerb Treatment
jones7676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 06:32 PM   #46
Sherryg683

I find I feel better when I stay busy, playing tennis, working, shopping (which is not the best therapy but it works for me)...BUT..still those thoughts pop up and I cannot stop it. I mean how do you control this..I try to talk myself through it, pray, but still they are there. There just seems to be so much cancer around me lately that it's hard to ignore. ..sherryg683

Diagnosed: December , 2005 at age 44
13+ positive lymph nodes
Stage IV , Her2+, 2 small mets to lungsChemo Started: Jan, 2006
4 months Taxotere, Xeloda, Hercepin
NED since April 2006!!
36 Rads to follow with weekly Herceptin indefinately
8 years NED now
Scans every year

Life is not about avoiding the thunderstorms, it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Sherryg683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 01:18 AM   #47
harrie

Sherry, love the pic of you and your two kids!! Really cute kids!!!

And BArb.....love the pic of your puppy.....he is a cutie...

2006:
BRCA 2 positive
HER2/neu amplified 4.7
ER+/PR+
TOPO II neg
Oncotype dx 20
oophorectomy

2007:
Femara
Old 09-27-2008, 12:51 PM   #48
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Smile What I Have Learned...

The mean voice (the voice in your head) is full of judgment. It says things that are intolerant, condescending, mean-spirited, defeatist, critical and so on. Naturally, all that negativity will take its' toll on you and your emotions.

When you manage to go to your core, in silence, you can connect with your Spirit. It speaks with love and imbues bliss and harmony as a result of its inspiring, compassionate words.

So when the voice in your head does it's obsessive, repetitive, droning full of remorse, sadness, confusion, blame, anger, fear and so on -- I believe the thing to do is to STOP IDENTIFYING YOURSELF AS THAT VOICE.

YOU are so much more than that voice. YOU are a Spirit. Radiant consciousness that is full of pure, sacred LOVE. When you find a way to go meet that truest part of *yourSelf*, as you align yourSelf with the eternal, wondrous part of who you truly are -- you become EMPOWERED in myriad ways.

You then have the power to consciously choose to stop the voice in your head from taunting and torturing you! You can reauthor the words that will play out in your head throughout the day. Something like I AM ONE WITH THE UNIVERSE. ONE WITH ALL THAT IS. I AM ONE WITH WHAT IS. I MAY NOT UNDERSTAND WHY I AM WHERE I AM, BUT I HAVE FAITH THAT I AM BEING LED. THAT I AM NOT ALONE. I AM NEVER ALONE.

TEACHERS, GUIDES AND GUARDIAN ANGELS WALK WITH ME. I MUST LISTEN TO MY INNER VOICE AND PROCEED IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS LOVING MESSAGES.

GIVING YOUR SPIRIT PERMISSION TO TAKE CHARGE OF YOU BEINGNESS, THINK -- I AM CALLING MY DESIRED DESTINY TO ME. MY SPIRIT HAS THE POWER TO ALTER WHAT HAS BEEN WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF LIFE -- IF I ALLOW MYSELF TO BECOME FILLED WITH UNIVERSAL LOVE, COMPASSION, KINDNESS, GENEROSITY, FORGIVENESS, DEEP GRATITUDE AND AWE. THAT PASSION CAN HELP ME MAGNETIZE *LIKE* ENERGY FROM THE UNIVERSE TO ASSIST ME IN MAKING MY DREAMS BECOME MANIFEST...

Sending joyful thoughts your way,
Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 05:04 PM   #49
juanita

well said.
1 yr herceptin,
juanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 05:37 PM   #50
harrie

I agree with Juanita....well written Andi. I agree with all that you said. It opens my eyes to an important dimension of life.

2006:
BRCA 2 positive
HER2/neu amplified 4.7
ER+/PR+
TOPO II neg
Oncotype dx 20
oophorectomy

2007:
Femara
Old 09-29-2008, 07:13 AM   #51
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Smile Like What?

ALOHA HARRIECANARIE,

PLEASE ELABORATE, MARYANNE! SPECIFICS, DETAILS...

Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote