HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-31-2011, 01:09 AM   #1
michka

Need help from TDM 1 girls

Dear all
I am getting ready in case Herceptin and Navelbine doesnt' work. I don't want to go through other toxic chemos before trying TDM1. I am suffering too much from neuropathic problems;
But in my case it is complicated. Herceptin and chemo never worked for me. I was ER+90% PR+20% at diagnosis 4,5 years ago then in December after laparoscopy ER+20% and PR0 then in March after resection 70%ER+ and 0%PR-???? Here are my questions:
1) How often is TDM1 given? and for how long? For ever?
2) I am american but live in France. Does anyone know of a European trial?
3) I do not want a TDM1 trial against Taxol and Herceptin. I had that in neoadjuvant setting and it did not work a all
If necessary I can live in the States for some time although I will be broke. But who cares.
Any European friends with some ideas?
Is there anyplace I can call at Genetech to discuss this?
I am sorry for these questions because it is clear in my head but the English is not as precise as I would like it to.
Thank you for your help.
Michka
michka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:58 AM   #2
Debbie L.

Re: Need help from TDM 1 girls

Michka, surely there are trials in Europe. Your oncologist should know how to access a database for them. I gave it a try but have no idea what is the best resource.

A quick googling for a trial database in Europe brings up so many hits it's hard to know what's legit but this one seemed current, and was written up just in March in some journal:
https://www.clinicaltrialsregister.eu/

I searched it for tdm1 breast cancer and got two hits -- there is apparently a phase IB/II trial in France, for example, with pertuzumab (no taxane listed). In those hits, they listed tdm1 as "trastuzumab-mcc-dm1", so I searched with that and got more, with lapatinib, with chemo of choice, etc:

wyciwyg://24/https://www.clinicaltri...eu/ctr-search/

Can you let us know what you find out? Because we want to know how you're doing, and because it might be important information for someone else in Europe, looking for trials.

Debbie Laxague
Debbie L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:16 AM   #3
schoonder

Michka, here's a link to all T-DM1 trials, contact information and their current status.
http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?term=t-dm1

Although "weekly" dosing has been looked at, Genentech currently doses on a three week schedule. As long as drug remains efficacious, even after completing trial, Genentech will continue to provide for drug.
Don't rule out any of the trials because passed experience with trastuzumab because T-DM1 has functioned in patients that were non-sensitive to Herceptin.
Contacting Genentech directly might give you best idea as to how to proceed.
schoonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:40 AM   #4
Debbie L.

Very cool, Schooner. I assumed that clinicaltrials.gov would only have US trials. Do you think it includes trials that are exclusively outside the US, or only those that are both in this country AND in other locations?

Michka, try clicking on the "results on map" tab near the top -- then it's easy to see how many trials are in each country, and by clicking on the country, you'll get a country-specific list.

Debbie
Debbie L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:38 AM   #5
schoonder

Debbie, I've seen entries for USA only, overseas only or both; link is an example with agent sar3419, 1st entry is stateside, 2nd entry is in France only, etc.
http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?term=sar3419
schoonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:30 PM   #6
Joan M

Micha,

I don't know directly about European, T-DM1 trials, but you may want to contact Giuseppi Viale, M.D., European Institute of Oncology, University of Milan, Italy. He's involved in breast cancer HER2 research and speaks English. I'll PM his contact information.

I hope you're recovering well from your surgery and feeling better, and it's great that you're looking ahead.

Joan
Diagnosed stage 2b in July 2003 (2.3 cm, HER2+, ER-/PR-, 7+ nodes). Treated with mastectomy (with immediate DIEP flap reconstruction), AC + T/Herceptin (off label). Cancer advanced to lung in Jan. 2007 (1 cm nodule). Started Herceptin every 3 weeks. Lung wedge resection April 2007. Cancer recurred in lung April 2008. RFA of lung in August 2008. 2nd annual brain MRI in Oct. 2008 discovered 2.6 cm cystic tumor in left frontal lobe. Craniotomy Oct. 2008 (ER-/PR-/HER2-) followed by targeted radiation (IMRT). Coughing up blood Feb. 2009. Thoractomy July 2009 to cut out fungal ball of common soil fungus (aspergillus) that grew in the RFA cavity (most likely inhaled while gardening). No cancer, only fungus. Removal of tiny melanoma from upper left arm, plus sentinel lymph node biopsy in Feb. 2016. Guardant Health liquid biopsy in Feb. 2016 showed mutations in 4 subtypes of TP53. Repeat of Guardant Health biopsy in Jana. 2021 showed 3 TP53 mutations, BRCA1 mutation and CHEK2 mutation. Invitae genetic testing showed negative for all of these. Living with MBC since 2007. Stopped Herceptin Hylecta (injection) treatment in March 2020. Recent 2023 annual CT of chest, abdomen and pelvis and annual brain MRI showed NED. Praying for NED forever!!

Last edited by Joan M; 06-07-2011 at 11:34 PM..
Joan M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:50 AM   #7
hutchibk

Here's the link to the US 'compassionate use' arm of TDM1. I would move swiftly, though. You never know when this might close to accrual. http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/sh...%2F2010&rank=1

Have you tried Tykerb yet? Either with Xeloda or w/ Herceptin?

NOV 2012 - 9 yr anniversary
JULY 2012 - 7 yr anniversary stage IV (of 50...)

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Rt side mastectomy, Her2+, ER/PR+, 10 nodes out, one node positive
Jan'04~
Taxotere/Adria/Cytoxan x 6, NED, no Rads, Tamox. 1 year, Arimadex 3 mo., NED 14 mo.
Sept'05~
micro mets lungs/chest nodes/underarm node, Switched to Aromasin, T/C/H x 7, NED 6 months - Herceptin only
Aug'06~
micro mets chest nodes, & bone spot @ C3 neck, Added Taxol to Herceptin
Feb'07~ Genetic testing, BRCA 1&2 neg

Apr'07~
MRI - two 9mm brain mets & 5 punctates, new left chest met, & small increase of bone spot C3 neck, Stopped Aromasin
May'07~
Started Tykerb/Xeloda, no WBR for now
June'07~
MRI - stable brain mets, no new mets, 9mm spots less enhanced, CA15.3 down 45.5 to 9.3 in 10 wks, Ty/Xel working magic!
Aug'07~
MRI - brain mets shrunk half, NO NEW BRAIN METS!!, TMs stable @ 9.2
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
scans still show NED in the head, small bone spot on right iliac crest (rear pelvic bone)
Sept'08~
MRI shows activity in brain mets, completed 5 fractions/5 consecutive days of IMRT to zap the pesky buggers
Oct'08~
dropped Xeloda, switched to tri-weekly Herceptin in combo with Tykerb, extend to tri-monthly Zometa infusion
Dec'08~
Brain MRI- 4 spots reduced to punctate size, large spot shrunk by 3mm, CT of torso clear/pelvis spot stable
June'09~
new 3-4mm left cerrebellar spot zapped with IMRT targeted rads
Sept'09~
new 6mm & 1 cm spots in pituitary/optic chiasm area. Rx= 25 days of 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the tumors.
Oct'09~
25 days of low dose 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the bone mets spot on rt. iliac crest that have been watching for 2 years. Added daily Aromasin back into treatment regimen.
Apr'10~ Brain MRI clear! But, see new small spot on adrenal gland. Change from Aromasin back to Tamoxifen.
June'10~ Tumor markers (CA15.3) dropped from 37 to 23 after one month on Tamoxifen. Continue to monitor adrenal gland spot. Remain on Tykerb/Herceptin/Tamoxifen.
Nov'10~ Radiate positive mediastinal node that was pressing on recurrent laryngeal nerve, causing paralyzed larynx and a funny voice.
Jan'11~ MRI shows possible activity or perhaps just scar tissue/necrotic increase on 3 previously treated brain spots and a pituitary spot. 5 days of IMRT on 4 spots.
Feb'11~ Enrolled in T-DM1 EAP in Denver, first treatment March 25, 2011.
Mar'11~ Finally started T-DM1 EAP in Denver at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center/Rose on Mar. 25... hallelujah.

"I would rather be anecdotally alive than statistically dead."
hutchibk is offline   Reply With Quote