HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Keeping Your Mind Off of BC
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Keeping Your Mind Off of BC Fun things and posts that do not apply to BC

Old 04-29-2011, 03:07 AM   #1
Jackie07

Royal wedding

Happened to wake up (been on a 6-hour sleep cycle) at 4:15 am and it turned out to be the perfect time to watch the wedding of 'William and Kate'.

Lee probably will have some good comments on all those 'hats'. [Watched 'Alice in wonderland' several times on cable not long ago.]

O the choir is singing beautifully... Now I'm thinking of Julie Andrews in 'The Song of music'... and the wedding scene of 'the Princess bride' [the Archbishop...]

Now everyone sings... (including Elton John and his partner caught on the camera.)

The Dean of the royal abbey (Bishop of London?) is giving a speech - reminds me of one of the sermon scenes in 'Mr. Bean' (TV) ... [O oh, did they just catch the Queen nodding off on camera?]

Now the choir sings again (a brand new hymn written by one of the new couple's friends.)

Reciting the Lord's Prayer...

More music by the choir and the orchestra.

The carriage reminds me of 'Cinderella' - surely those are real horses and the carriage is not made from the pumpkin...

NICU 4.4 LB
Erythema Nodosum 85
Life-long Central Neurocytoma 4x5x6.5 cm 23 hrs 62090 semi-coma 10 d PT OT ST 30 d
3 Infertility tmts 99 > 3 u. fibroids > Pills
CN 3 GKRS 52301
IDC 1.2 cm Her2 +++ ER 5% R. Lmptmy SLNB+1 71703 6 FEC 33 R Tamoxifen
Recc IIB 2.5 cm Bi-L Mast 61407 2/9 nds PET
6 TCH Cellulitis - Lymphedema - compression sleeve & glove
H w x 4 MUGA 51 D, J 49 M
Diastasis recti
Tamoxifen B. scan
Irrtbl bowel 1'09
Colonoscopy 313
BRCA1 V1247I
hptc hemangioma
Vertigo
GI - > yogurt
hysterectomy/oophorectomy 011410
Exemestane 25 mg tab 102912 ~ 101016 stopped due to r. hip/l.thigh pain after long walk
DEXA 1/13
1-2016 lesions in liver largest 9mm & 1.3 cm onco. says not cancer.
3-11 Appendectomy - visually O.K., a lot of puss. Final path result - not cancer.
Start Vitamin D3 and Calcium supplement (600mg x2)
10-10 Stopped Exemestane due to r. hip/l.thigh pain OKed by Onco 11-08-2016
7-23-2018 9 mm groundglass nodule within the right lower lobe with indolent behavior. Due to possible adenocarcinoma, Recommend annual surveilence.
7-10-2019 CT to check lung nodule.
1-10-2020 8mm stable nodule on R Lung, two 6mm new ones on L Lung, a possible lymph node involvement in inter fissule.
"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY." Irene from Tampa

Advocacy is a passion .. not a pastime - Joe

Last edited by Jackie07; 04-29-2011 at 07:35 PM..
Jackie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:19 AM   #2
chrisy

Re: Royal wedding

LOL!

Now I don't feel bad not to have gotten up at 3am to watch! I feel like I was there...
10/04-3/05 Weekly Taxol/Carboplatin/Herceptin , complete response!
04/05 - 4/07 Herception every 3 wks, Continue NED
04/07 - recurrence to liver - 2 spots, starting tykerb/avastin trial
06/07 8/07 10/07 Scans show stable, continue on Tykerb/Avastin
01/08 Progression in liver
02/08 Begin (TDM1) trial
08/08 NED! It's Working! Continue on TDM1
02/09 Continue NED
02/10 Continue NED. 5/10 9/10 Scans NED 10/10 Scans NED
12/10 Scans not clear....4/11 Scans suggest progression 6/11 progression confirmed in liver
07/11 - 11/11 Herceptin/Xeloda -not working:(
12/11 Begin MM302 Phase I trial - bust:(
03/12 3rd times the charm? AKT trial

5/12 Scan shows reduction! 7/12 More reduction!!!!
8/12 Whoops...progression...trying for Perjeta/Herceptin (plus some more nasty chemo!)
9/12 Start Perjeta/Herceptin, chemo on hold due to infection/wound in leg, added on cycle 2 &3
11/12 Poops! progression in liver, Stop Perjeta/Taxo/Herc
11/12 Navelbine/Herce[ptin - try for a 3 cycles, no go.
2/13 Gemzar/Carbo/Herceptin - no go.
3/13 TACE procedure
chrisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:54 AM   #3
Colleens_Husband

Jackie:

With all due respect, are you trying to provoke a fight? God knows that I tried to keep quite about the royal wedding but you invoked my name in your thread. I even hid in the bunker to avoid the whole Royal Hoot-a-nanny. What is a guy like me supposed to do?

Yes, it did look like the United Kingdom declared a silly hat day. I can hear it now,

"Honey, I got a cheese wheel lodged in my skull."
"Is it stinky cheese?"
"We are British and don't bathe regularly, how can one tell?"
"Good point dear, why don't we leave it in till Friday and you can wear it to the wedding."
"Brilliant idea! Just Brilliant!"

And what is wrong with Kate Middleton? Doesn't she have any standards? Does she have blurry eyesight? After all she is marrying the hellspawn of Chuck the Chimp and Lady Dead. I am sure she can do much better than marrying into a family of upperclass German twits. The royals have faces made for radio. There isn't a chin on the whole lot of them. And those scary teeth! With all the money they have one would think they could afford modern dentistry. How much inbreeding is required to produce chicklets the size of fence planks. Half the royal family can floss with a bicycle chain.

The only royal who shouldn't come with a warning label is Prince Harry, and this is just a guess, but I think he needs to go onto the Maury Povich Show to find out who his real dad is.

And what about Princess Eugenie? The main difference between her and a horse is that the princess has slightly more facial hair. She is not an attractive woman.

And as an American, why would I care about the Royal Family. After all we fought two wars so that we could proudly ignore these snobs, you know, the whole land of the free, home of the brave, Yankee Doodle thing. Isn't being American antithetical to the whole concept that some people are born better than others? And just what measuring stick are they using to declare themselves better than others. Were their ancestors better skilled at fratricide than mine? Were their ancestors more morale than mine? Or were their ancestors more ruthless, barbaric, and warlike than mine in the sixth century?

I am not going to a royal wedding until one of those twits come to one of our family's weddings. It is only fair.

I'm just saying......

Diagnosed in September 2007
ER-/PR-/HER2 Neu+++ 2.1 cm x .9 cm spicluted tumor with three fingers, Stage 2B
Sentinal node biopsy and lymph node removal with 3/18 positive in October 2007
4 TAC infusions
lumpectomy March 2008, bad margins
Re-excision on June 3rd, 2008 with clean margins
Fitted for compression sleeve July 16, 2008
Started the first of two TCH infusions August 14, 2008
Done with chemo and now a member of the blue dot club 9/17/08
Starting radiation October 1, 2008
life is still on hold
Colleens_Husband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:00 AM   #4
Colleens_Husband

On second thought, perhaps I was being a bit harsh. After all they are quaint. They are certainly a tourist attraction. Sort of like Sinclair, Wyoming without the giant concrete dinosaur.

4 TAC infusions
life is still on hold
Old 04-29-2011, 10:23 AM   #5
PinkGirl

Cool Re: Royal wedding

Today I am Lady Grace Weiner of Meadwell and I'm married
to Lord James Biffy of Price ....

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
4 FAC, 4 Taxol, no radiation
1 year of Herceptin
Tamoxifen for approx. 4 months,
Arimidex for 5 years
Prophylactic mastectomy June 22/09

" I yam what I yam." - Popeye

My Photo Album
PinkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:11 AM   #6
Jeanette

Wo are you anti Brits or what. as a very proud Scot I resent some of the remarks. Maybe you should grow up , That means you lee. Even if some of the reamrks were tongue in cheek., Jeanette
Jeanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:47 PM   #7
Unregistered

Thumbs down Re: Royal wedding

cheap air flights :] car insurance quotes >:OOO insurance auto auctions rmbud life insurance cva

Last edited by Joem; 03-28-2012 at 09:06 PM.. Reason: ZrFkFZPuwyqVSNHMbc
Old 04-29-2011, 02:07 PM   #8
ElaineM

Wink Re: Royal wedding

I agree about "somebody" being rude. Even if a person is not particularly interested in the royal wedding every bride and groom no matter who they are deserves respect and wishes for all the best on their wedding day and in their future life together !!!!!!!!! Even though I am not British I wish William and Kate a good future and many years of happiness in their marriage and in their lives.
If a person can't say something nice that person should refrain from commenting to keep peace if for no other reason.
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48247
Lucky 13 !! I hope so !!!!!!
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52807
14 Year Survivor
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57053
"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have." author unknown
Shared by a multiple myeloma survivor.
ElaineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:36 PM   #9
Mary L

I agree with you Elaine. I watched a replay of the wedding and I loved it. Sometimes it is nice to see something "happy". I like Prince William and Prince Harry and they watched their mother's life fall apart. I hope he has a long and happy marriage.
Mary L from PA Diag: Oct 2003 w/6mm mass, IDC grade III ductal carcinoma in-situ, IBC stage IIIB. tx A/C followed by Taxotere(only able to have 2 tx, allergic), mastectomy, 3 0ut of 7 positive nodes. 35 rads. Recurrence 9 months later, skin mets to mastectomy site. Tx Carboplatin/Herceptin. Stayed on Herceptin almost 5 years, had 3 more recurrences when I had to stop Herceptin due to my ejection fraction getting too low. Herceptin stopped and ned 3 years in Oct. 2010.
Mary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:59 PM   #10
PinkGirl

Smile Re: Royal wedding

While I watched the wedding this morning, I sipped orange juice out of a crystal wine glass and all day long I practised my royal 'wave'

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
4 FAC, 4 Taxol, no radiation
1 year of Herceptin
Tamoxifen for approx. 4 months,
Arimidex for 5 years
Prophylactic mastectomy June 22/09

" I yam what I yam." - Popeye

My Photo Album
PinkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 04:05 PM   #11
Mary L

You are not only rude....you are crude. I'm sure you are proud of yourself
Mary L from PA Diag: Oct 2003 w/6mm mass, IDC grade III ductal carcinoma in-situ, IBC stage IIIB. tx A/C followed by Taxotere(only able to have 2 tx, allergic), mastectomy, 3 0ut of 7 positive nodes. 35 rads. Recurrence 9 months later, skin mets to mastectomy site. Tx Carboplatin/Herceptin. Stayed on Herceptin almost 5 years, had 3 more recurrences when I had to stop Herceptin due to my ejection fraction getting too low. Herceptin stopped and ned 3 years in Oct. 2010.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:22 PM   #12
bejuce

It's all in good fun, gals! Brought a smile to my face. Seriously, the Middleton family has a lot of style. Beautiful dresses worn by all. Have you seen Pippa's emerald dress? Absolutely stunning! And David Beckham was a dream! As for some of the hats, well, that's another story...

I wish them a long, loving, and healthy, cancer-free life!

Diagnosed on 02/18/09 at 38 with a huge 12x10 cm tumor, after a 6 month delay. Told I was too young and had no risk factors. Found swollen node during breastfeeding.
March-August 09: neo-adjuvant chemo, part of a trial at Stanford (4 DD A/C, 4 Taxotere with daily Tykerb), loading dose of Herceptin
08/12/09 - bye bye boobies (bilateral mastectomy)
08/24/09 - path report shows 100 % success in breast tissue (no cancer there, yay!), 98 % success in lymphatic invasion, and even though 11/13 nodes were still positive, > 95 % of the tumor in them was killed. Hoping for the best!
September-October 09: rads with daily Xeloda
02/25/10 - Cholecystectomy
05/27/10 - Bone scan clear
06/14/10 - CT scan clear, ovarian cyst found
07/27/10 - Done with Herceptin!
02/15/11 - MVA-BN HER-2 vaccine trial
03/15/11 - First CA 15-3: 12.7 and normal, yay!
10/01/11 - Bone scan and CT scan clear, fatty liver found
now on Tamoxifen and Aspirin

bejuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:03 PM   #13
Jackie07

I am watching it again on Dateline NBC. My apology to anyone who's got offended by anyone's remarks. We should have stuck to the subject of those beautiful hats.

The whole ceremony was beautiful and the arrangement of the bridesmaids and best men (those adorable children) was brilliant.

The fact that the couple has been dating for so long (including a brief break-up in 2007) should reassure everyone that the tragedy of Lady Diana and Prince Charles will not repeat itself.

It's obvious that 'Men are from Mars and women are from Venus.' Most guys just don't care that much about weddings and the hypes of the wedding dress... The only thing they might pay attention to was probably the Aston Martin the new couple drove.
Again it is completely my fault. And I wanted to thank everyone for being honest about his/her feelings. Not many forums allow honest conversation/sharing of feelings [or 'free-association' in the wee hour of 4 am ] like what we have here. Let's keep it that way.

NICU 4.4 LB
Erythema Nodosum 85
Life-long Central Neurocytoma 4x5x6.5 cm 23 hrs 62090 semi-coma 10 d PT OT ST 30 d
3 Infertility tmts 99 > 3 u. fibroids > Pills
CN 3 GKRS 52301
IDC 1.2 cm Her2 +++ ER 5% R. Lmptmy SLNB+1 71703 6 FEC 33 R Tamoxifen
Recc IIB 2.5 cm Bi-L Mast 61407 2/9 nds PET
6 TCH Cellulitis - Lymphedema - compression sleeve & glove
H w x 4 MUGA 51 D, J 49 M
Diastasis recti
Tamoxifen B. scan
Irrtbl bowel 1'09
Colonoscopy 313
BRCA1 V1247I
hptc hemangioma
Vertigo
GI - > yogurt
hysterectomy/oophorectomy 011410
Exemestane 25 mg tab 102912 ~ 101016 stopped due to r. hip/l.thigh pain after long walk
DEXA 1/13
1-2016 lesions in liver largest 9mm & 1.3 cm onco. says not cancer.
3-11 Appendectomy - visually O.K., a lot of puss. Final path result - not cancer.
Start Vitamin D3 and Calcium supplement (600mg x2)
10-10 Stopped Exemestane due to r. hip/l.thigh pain OKed by Onco 11-08-2016
7-23-2018 9 mm groundglass nodule within the right lower lobe with indolent behavior. Due to possible adenocarcinoma, Recommend annual surveilence.
7-10-2019 CT to check lung nodule.
1-10-2020 8mm stable nodule on R Lung, two 6mm new ones on L Lung, a possible lymph node involvement in inter fissule.
"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY." Irene from Tampa

Advocacy is a passion .. not a pastime - Joe

Last edited by Jackie07; 04-29-2011 at 11:42 PM..
Jackie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 02:19 AM   #14
Unregistered

Jackie07: it was not your fault at all, some of the hats were something else... :-)

Bejuce: I don't agree that the comments were "all in good fun" but hey...
I think what offended me most was the "lady dead" comment, as a mum after cancer I just want to see my children grow up and hopefully be at their weddings. As I said earlier I am not a royalist but I thought of Diana on the day, I'm sure both boys would have liked their mum there:-(

colleens_husband: I thought I was maybe being a bit harsh so I read your post again in the hope I could find something light hearted but I'm afraid not... Germans, teeth, bathing to name a few. As for your Princess Eugenie comment, well the word mirror springs to mind. As for teeth, think they must like them as they could have had orthodontic treatment free on the NHS ;-)

While it's nice to have free speech I think we need to think of others before we voice it, anyway that's enough from me.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:50 AM   #15
Jeanette

Talking Re: Royal wedding

Not your fault Jackie. Some people should think before they act, and consider other peoples feelings. Myself, I love the Royals., Jeanette

Last edited by Jeanette; 04-30-2011 at 03:52 AM.. Reason: spelling
Jeanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 06:37 AM   #16
Mary L

Jackie, no it was not your fault. What you said was not offensive. It was what "he" said. I thought it was in very bad taste. It is sad when people try to enjoy something beautiful and have to read his ugly comments.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:11 AM   #17
ElaineM

Wink Re: Royal wedding

It is totally not your falt Jackie !!!!!!! You wanted to share something beautiful that you enjoyed with us. We share alot of things that are not enjoyable or beautiful. Sharing something beautiful and enjoyable is definitely a good thing !!!!!As you can see most of us enjoyed your comments and are happy you enjoyed the wedding.
Those of us who did not enjoy the wedding or who were not interested in the wedding should have simply kept quiet and ignored your post.
I must admit that even though I am not British I watched a repeat of the ceremony and some of the other activities last night. I think I will wear more hats from now on !!!!!!!! They are great protection from the Hawaiian sun.
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48247
Lucky 13 !! I hope so !!!!!!
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52807
14 Year Survivor
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57053
"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have." author unknown
Shared by a multiple myeloma survivor.
ElaineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:47 AM   #18
LoisLane

Have to say I woke up at 4:30 a.m. to watch the Royal wedding. Would not have missed it for anything. I was actually in England when Diane and Charles were married and my sister and I slept outside all night to get a good spot. I kind of contemplated doing that for this wedding but I dont think I have the stamina for the crowds. I really love the ceremony as my back ground is Anglican (Church of England). Love the choir, the horses, the fashion
(except for Eugenie's hat!!! UGHHHH. It certainly was very sad that Diana was not there. I do feel a little pissed off when I look at Charles and Camilla and think if it had not been for those two dolts she would still be there. Well that's my take on it. Take care everyone, good health and happiness to all, we should all take heart and beauty in another fantastic spring. Lois
Her2 negative
lymph nodes negative
venous/lymphatic invasion absent
ER+PR-
Stage I Grade 2
Radiation and Femara

November 2008
Lumpectomy right breast
2 tumours .03 cm and .05 cm and extensive DCIS
.05 tumour Her2+
lymph node negative
venous/lymphatic invasion "indeterminate"
ER+PR low postive
Stage 1 Grade 2

January 2009
bilateral mastectomy
chemotherapy taxotere
Herceptin one year
Femara
LoisLane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:50 PM   #19
Colleens_Husband

I would like to take some of your precious time and apologize for the post I made earlier. I have no excuse for my dreadful lack of judgement. Upon reflection I see my post was mean spirited and it was an attempt at humor that fell terribly flat.

I am sorry for everyone I offended. If you wish, you have the right to ask to have me removed from these boards permanently. I certainly deserve it.

I promise to make no more posts that are offensive or could be construed to be offensive on these boards.

Once again, I apologize.

4 TAC infusions
life is still on hold
Old 05-01-2011, 07:05 PM   #20
Gerri

Way to 'man-up' Lee. Who amongst us has not said something that we wish we could take back? I sincerely hope that the lovely women of this site find it in their hearts to forgive you. For the past few years you have offered your support to others and have come up with fun ways to distract us from the grim reality of this disease with games and quizzes. I hope you remain a member of our community and continue to contribute to the site.
ER+ (30%) /PR+ (50%), HER2+++
AC X 4 dose dense, Taxol X 4 dose dense
Herceptin started with 2nd Taxol, given weekly until chemo done
then given every 3 weeks for one year ending on March 16, 2007
Radiation 30 treatments
Tamoxifen - 2 yrs (pre-menopausal)
May 2008 - Feb 2012 Femara
Aug 2008 - Feb 2012 Zometa every 6 months
March 2012 - Stop Femara, now Evista for bone strengthening
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look
back and realize they were the big things.
- Robert Brault
Gerri is offline   Reply With Quote