HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-2006, 12:40 AM   #1
Chelee

Weekly hercetpin & benedryl?

I get one full cycle of herceptin, Taxotere & Carbpotin followed by weekly herceptin. When I first started all my chemo's the doctor gave me pre-meds even with my weekly herceptin. The FIRST time he decided NOT to give me benadryl with a weekly infusion of my herceptin...I got sick. Felt nauseaed...weak in the knees...and tired. But that is the SAME week I found out my wbc was 116.

I ended up in the hospital after that one week with NO benadryl? So since then I have asked to HAVE it with my weekly infuison of herceptin. When I have it...I never feel nauseated or weak.

My infusion nurse was gone on vacation this last time and the nurse filling in for her did NOT give me benedryl. I didn't feel good again this time without the benedryl. (the nurse said it should make NO difference with just the herceptin.) Maybe she is right...I just think its strange that the only two times I have done without it...I had problems?

Well since this...I mentioned it to my oncologist. She said I could have it...but this time I could just have it in oral form verse's IV. (I guess that shouldn't make any difference...but I have never seen anyone else get it that way?) Triva...

But have any of you had problems with herceptin infusion and no benerdryl? Just curious...I know we are all so different. Thanks.

Chelee
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote