HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-01-2008, 11:53 PM   #21
harrie

Wow Andi, your declarations for peace is so well written. I can feel so much of the truth to what you are saying. I plan to print it out and save it in my special folder. Is the context of what you just wrote something you will be including in the book you are writing?
I loved your metaphor with the sun and the rain.
What you wrote is how I would very much want to live my life. Sometimes it is difficult, but the more aware I become, the easier it gets.
Aloha Andi....
Maryanne

1993: right side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads
1999: left side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads, tamoxifen

2006:
BRCA 2 positive
Stage I, invasive DCIS (6mm x 5mm)
Grade: intermediate
sentinal node biopsy: neg
HER2/neu amplified 4.7
ER+/PR+
TOPO II neg
Oncotype dx 20
Bilat mastectomy with DIEP flap reconstruction
oophorectomy

2007:
6 cycles TCH (taxotere, carboplatin, herceptin)
finished 1 yr herceptin 05/07
Arimidex, stopped after almost 1 yr
Femara
harrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:30 AM   #22
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink CORRECTIONS and explanations

With my many thanks, Harrie, Chrisy, Steph, Flori, Pinkie, Marejo, Sheila, Jonesy, Robin, Marie, Deb?, Tricia, Gemma, RB, Kelly and all who have peeked at this.

I comes from my heart. I JUST EDITED AND CORRECTED MY WORDS, so if you are going to print it out, please do it with my patched up version.

Yes, this is the essence of who I am, and what my book is all about. Surely, I am not the first to awaken to these Enlightenments and Knowings, but I have wanted, needed to write this book (since I was a child). I now see it as a large part of THE PURPOSE OF MY BEING. I am working arduously (my passion, my joy, and my OY) to finally finish at least one (of 3 books) I have been working on for way over 5 yrs. FINALLY.

Sending loving energy and love to all. Hoping to inspire and touch others, that they may find laughter and serenity -- despite it all. My book is dedicated to my 5 grandchildren, who did not exist at my dx in '95. They are miracles to be sure. I wish to leave them my most precious possessions -- the Life Lessons I have stumbled upon in the darkness. But this book is for anyone facing any adversity in Life. We are each fighting our own battle. Though our struggles differ, our Oneness unites us without question. We are hear to share, to love and evolve...

Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:03 PM   #23
harrie

Andi, when do you expect your book to be out? The focus of your writing is something I have been working very hard on, in particular this past year.
Harriecanarie

1993: right side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads
1999: left side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads, tamoxifen

2006:
BRCA 2 positive
Stage I, invasive DCIS (6mm x 5mm)
Grade: intermediate
sentinal node biopsy: neg
HER2/neu amplified 4.7
ER+/PR+
TOPO II neg
Oncotype dx 20
Bilat mastectomy with DIEP flap reconstruction
oophorectomy

2007:
6 cycles TCH (taxotere, carboplatin, herceptin)
finished 1 yr herceptin 05/07
Arimidex, stopped after almost 1 yr
Femara
harrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 10:29 AM   #24
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink Harriecanarie...

Hello my little Hawaiian Canarie,

I have been working (first at my electric typewriter) and finally in Microsoft Word, seeing the silliness of not being able to delete, cut and paste, control find and such for (my daughters tell me) about five years.

Hence I have thousands of pages and files all over the place, not to mention stacks of notes -- made at night, in the car while Paul is driving, in the middle of a movie we are at -- to be incorporated. I believe there are about 3 books there. Maybe more.

I am now at the point of contacting an editor to help me sort things out. All are spiritually based. Which has evolved out of my bc experience and blessed my life. I can see that the Enlightenments I have been blessed to come to awaken to can help anyone facing almost any adversity.

So though I am working daily, I seem to be going in circles. The chapters keep on improving and I revisit them and revise ONCE AGAIN. That is the good news.

I believe an editor can also guide me in finding a literary agent, though I have picked one out in particular that I think will be especially receptive to my work. (It is where my Spirit is guiding me to go.) I just want what I submit (100 pages required, double spaced) to be exactly what I feel it should be. Despite the very real possibility of my efforts being torn to shreds. Perish the thought.

It is a process. A truly slow process. A joy, a passion, and the hardest thing I have ever done. Worse than giving birth; it clearly is a kind of giving life to something beloved.

Wish I could say by the Fall, Maryanne, but let me just say -- as soon as I possibly can get it to be accepted and put into print.

Thanks for your caring, Harrie. You are doing a great job evolving. You are open and listening. Letting your Soul take over (which is full of divine energy) overruling the voice in your head. Good job.

Love and Happy, Positive Energy to you,

Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 11:48 AM   #25
Jackie07

Hi, Andi,

My 85-year-old Mother has survived World War II, the speratation from her family due to communist taking over China, and several Typhoons (and floods) in Taiwan. After her triumph over nonhodgekins lymphoma in 1998, she started writing memoirs. She's self-published 3 books so far. So, go for it!

NICU 4.4 LB
Erythema Nodosum 85
Life-long Central Neurocytoma 4x5x6.5 cm 23 hrs 62090 semi-coma 10 d PT OT ST 30 d
3 Infertility tmts 99 > 3 u. fibroids > Pills
CN 3 GKRS 52301
IDC 1.2 cm Her2 +++ ER 5% R. Lmptmy SLNB+1 71703 6 FEC 33 R Tamoxifen
Recc IIB 2.5 cm Bi-L Mast 61407 2/9 nds PET
6 TCH Cellulitis - Lymphedema - compression sleeve & glove
H w x 4 MUGA 51 D, J 49 M
Diastasis recti
Tamoxifen B. scan
Irrtbl bowel 1'09
Colonoscopy 313
BRCA1 V1247I
hptc hemangioma
Vertigo
GI - > yogurt
hysterectomy/oophorectomy 011410
Exemestane 25 mg tab 102912 ~ 101016 stopped due to r. hip/l.thigh pain after long walk
DEXA 1/13
1-2016 lesions in liver largest 9mm & 1.3 cm onco. says not cancer.
3-11 Appendectomy - visually O.K., a lot of puss. Final path result - not cancer.
Start Vitamin D3 and Calcium supplement (600mg x2)
10-10 Stopped Exemestane due to r. hip/l.thigh pain OKed by Onco 11-08-2016
7-23-2018 9 mm groundglass nodule within the right lower lobe with indolent behavior. Due to possible adenocarcinoma, Recommend annual surveilence.
7-10-2019 CT to check lung nodule.
1-10-2020 8mm stable nodule on R Lung, two 6mm new ones on L Lung, a possible lymph node involvement in inter fissule.
"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY." Irene from Tampa

Advocacy is a passion .. not a pastime - Joe

Last edited by Jackie07; 07-06-2008 at 11:54 AM..
Jackie07 is offline   Reply With Quote