HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-04-2013, 06:56 PM   #1
anna4969

Re: Seeking advice from Vaccine trial participants

Hi JillaryJill

Yeah for you to be considering a vaccine!!!

I did the GP2 with Herceptin trial. I am thrilled that I did. Very little side effects from the GM-CSF which was given in tandem with the GP2. Just a little redness was my experience. I did not notice being tired from the vaccine. Vaccines are consider quite safe and with very few side effects if any, thus why it is such a potentially hopeful and encouraging solution to prevent this rotten cancer.

In regards to insurance, I did let my insurance know that I was participating in that trial. They did not have a problem with my participation but did say that I had something in my policy that made it acceptable. I thought that a bit strange but did not ask any more questions. As long as they gave me the green light, and we were sure about the decision from our end, I went for it. I would be a little leery to not inform them before hand. Reason being, just as you said, if something happened, I would not want to have the worry about an insurance problem on top of everything else. Though again, side effects, I believe, are likely to be very minimal.

Best of luck with your decision.
anna4969 is offline   Reply With Quote