HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-07-2012, 06:46 AM   #1
PatE

Help!! Need to shrink lymph node fast

Hello
I am Her2 positive BC since 2007, I have now been diagnosed with another primary colon cancer. Been on he herceptin since 2008 and more recently tykerb and Herceptin.
I have been having extreme pain especially after I eat so a CT was done to determine the cause. At first they said gall bladder but after they compared the CT and PET together they now say its my lymph node pressing on my pancreas.
I'm at a loss as to how to proceed, I've lost 17 pounds and cannot eat. One doc has already mentioned a feeding tube but I'm not ready to go there. I hope some of you smart women can help point me a the right direction. I'm checking to see if cyber knife is an option or possibly surgery. I haven't seen anymore info on TDM1, was hoping for announcement at San Antonio this week.
The colon mass surgery is on hold until they get this figured out, I'm really scared now I feel like I'm losing control!
Any thoughts or info would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Pat
PatE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:21 AM   #2
Nancy L

Re: Help!! Need to shrink lymph node fast

They will first need to do a biopsy to determine if this is breast cancer or colon cancer. Ask them to run the molecular assay and chemo sensitivity test when they do the biopsy so you know what might work. Are you not eating because you can't swallow, because you are not hungry or ??? I lost 25lbs in just a couple of months but mine was a swallowing issue. Try to stop losing--you will need your strength and what I am finding is that it is very difficult o gain it back. Try drinking several Ensures each day. Each one gives you 350 calories. Right now put high calorie food items in your diet. They threatened me with a feeding tube and I said NO WAY.

I am on t-dm1 EAP. My coordinator told me it will be product by the end of the year so we'll see. If you are having a breast cancer recurrence, t-dm1 may be a perfect drug for you.

Good luck and do KEEP EATING.
Nancy L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:26 AM   #3
Rolepaul

Re: Help!! Need to shrink lymph node fast

I heard about some Gamma knife work on internal organs. I do not know the results. Try a Google Search and if not get back to me. I do not remember where it was done, but I heard it was successful. We were looking at it for the spinal nerve lesions with Nina. They ended up doing a more typical radiation method, but I know that it is out there. I think MD Anderson did some of the work, but I cannot be sure.
Rolepaul is offline   Reply With Quote