HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Caregivers Corner
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Caregivers Corner Dedicated to those who support their loved ones.

Old 07-27-2022, 02:22 AM   #1
KrissSchmidt

Do you share your emotions with your family? Is it really important?

Hello everyone! What should I start with.. umm I'll try to share with you my story from getting diagnosed to living with breast cancer. My name is Kriss Schmidt. Mom of a boy Jack and a beautiful girl Ana. I was diagnosed with breast cancer in the march 2022. It’s very hard to describe my emotions and loved ones when I was diagnosed… especially kid's emotions... Of course we didn’t know any clinics, we would never have thought that this was waiting for one of us. We started reading a lots of articles before about cancer and I was sure I'll get diagnosed. Of course I try not to talk about cancer not to cause even more pain to my family but I know how much they care about me and maybe it's a big mistake to hide my emotions. In june of 2022 I started my treatment via them (not sure is it important) which is still going on. It’s hard to say how I’m feeling now... all the time I feel pain... I feel lonely all the time… I hope I’ll find a bit of support here I just want to share my emotions and just to talk. My friend Julie advised me HER2Support Community and after a few days here I found similar people with similar problems and stories so I feel now not so alone how I was before. I know how imagination works and I understand how loved ones can think about things worse than they really are but I'm still afraid to make them constantly think about it. But the feeling of expecting something bad does not leave me. Autumn is my favourite season and I’m fighting to see it again! How do you share your emotions with your family and do you even share with somebody?? Big hugs to the community here**♥I have read several stories already and I feel this pain, I am sure that everything will be fine if we stick together! Kriss
KrissSchmidt is offline   Reply With Quote