HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Keeping Your Mind Off of BC
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Keeping Your Mind Off of BC Fun things and posts that do not apply to BC

Old 09-23-2020, 11:11 AM   #1
margaret

Creativity is so healing

I haven't shared here in awhile but I wanted to encourage others to keep looking for healing paths that work.
I'm almost 19yrs past a stage3c where they gave me a poor prognosis.
There's always hope!! )))))
I have found great benefit lately in expressing myself artisticly.
I don't think you have to be 'good' or even really care about the outcome just dive in and have fun creating something new.
I taught myself how to do resin art by watching YouTube channels.
My healing path has taken me to having a home I call a peace house and I put up fun expressions of art inside and out. I just have so much fun creating!
Here's a link to my website treeheartart.com
My peace house is also on a Facebook page at Timeforpeace .
I just want to encourage others to be free to look for creating new things and having fun with it.
Be well
margaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 01:37 PM   #2
donocco

Re: Creativity is so healing

Very interesting. Have you always been artistic and creative? If so you probably are an enneagram two. Enneagram twos are natural helpers who need to be needed. The Enneagram is an interesting psychological theory which is laughed at in academic circles but if you read about this subject the character descriptions grouped with each of the nine Enneagram types are quite accurate. Be careful about making an Enneagram Two lose their temper. Without thinking they will say something that exactly hits your weak point. If you are interested look up Enneagram two descriptions on google.

Paul
donocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 03:52 PM   #3
margaret

Thanks Paul!
I'll check that out but I don't think I fit into any number on any scale.
I'm much more free that way.
I was trained as an engineer so I was not always expressive artisticly.
I'm happy I found the outlet. It really helps reduce stress and fear.
I recommend even just scribbling on some paper or coloring with crayons and finger painting is fantastic !!
Cheers
margaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 01:12 PM   #4
donocco

margaret

If artistic creativity is a newly found outlet you probably are not an enneagram 2. I believe everyone has an Enneagram type although the basic type is modified by the wings and security and stress types. You kind of sound like an Enneagram 7 but this is a wild guess. Enneagram 7s tend to be very optimistic, multi-talented, extroverted and anti-authoritarian Thats the type that resists being labeled.

A common point is Enneagram 6. Worriers careful and tend to look beneath the service of statements to find the hidden meanings of often harmless comments. My wife is an E-6 so I know the point well. Usually they love reading mystery novels.

When i was in fourth grade in 1957 there was a young girl named Eleanor. Now I realize she was an Enneagram-2. Very nurturing and artistic. The year before (1956) was the Hungarian Revolution against the Soviet Union and wr had two Hungarian refugees in our class who spoke little English. Eleanor became their adopted "mother."

As I said she was super artistic. Our assignment was to make bookmarks and to name our creations. I was lost. Im a typical Enneagram 5 super scientist and not artistic.
I had no idea what to do. We had to weave colored wool through a "thingy" to make our bookmarks. I was about to use white wool only and call my bookmark "Ghost in a snowstorm."

Then I accidently glanced at Eleanors bookmark. It was absolutely beautiful and multicolored. So I watched the order in which she put in each colored thread and copied it. Lo and behold my bookmark looked just like hers. A miracle. Then I raised my hand and said " Mrs Grossbeck this is not fair. Eleanor is copying my work." Eleanor got into trouble and was shocked. This was her first experience of the unfairness in the world.

The story has a happy ending. Mrs Grossbeck wasnt stupid. It took her a month to see who was the artist and who was the science nerd. Boy did I get i nto trouble. I was to be expelled from the class until I got a note from my father. The situation at home was not pleasant. Eleanor got her revenge. fourfold. I wonder if she remembers mre as well as I remember her. Possibly

Paul
donocco is offline   Reply With Quote