HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2013, 01:17 PM   #1
rinaina

The good with the bad....

I am so pleased to be celebrating my 7 yr cancerversary. Where has the time gone. Had a bit of a scare again with my mammogram last week which was followed by an ultrsound but all okay. This happened 2 yrs ago as well. Surgeon to follow up with exam in 3 mo. There is dense fibrous tissue and I am thrilled she is watching me so closely. I am also happy to share the news of the birth of my second grandchild. Jonah Eli named after my mother in law, who I loved, who passed away just weeks before he was born. Big sister, Sloane Rose likes him and wants to keep him! Such joy. On a sadder note, my sister, who also has Sjogren's Syndrome was diagnosed with a non hodgkins lymphoma called MALT lymphoma. Her pet scan results are not in but we are praying for it to come back clear and then finally know it is just localized in the mouth. This is a type of lymphoma Sjogren Patients are more prone to then the general population but with that said not exclusive to Sjogrens. If localized only then treatment with a monoclonal drug called rituxan, (not a chemo) will be given over 4 wks in form of intravenous. It only attaches itself to the bcell lymphocytes and doesn't kill good cells as chemo does. If not localized she will need chemo as well. Please pray for her and keep her in your positive thoughts. She is being treated and followed by my onc who I have the greatest confidence in. Thank you sisters.
AC 4 dense doses
34 radiation treatments including booster doses
receiving herceptin every 3 weeks since late August 2006 for 12 months
rinaina is offline   Reply With Quote