HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Herceptin / Tykerb
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Herceptin / Tykerb Share your experiences or ask questions about Herceptin or Tykerb

Old 11-06-2007, 06:29 PM   #1
AbbyDawg

TEACH Study/Tykerb - Starting Month Four

Hi All!

I haven't had time to post much lately .... been busy moving ... again. Onc Docs say to reduce stress ... but how do you do that when the house I was renting got sold the day of my diagnosis last year, had a double mast., bought a house during chemo, couldn't keep up with payments so lost the house this summer and had to move again a couple weeks ago during Tykerb/TEACH study & Arimidex? Oh the stories we all have! If we wrote this stuff as fiction no one would believe it, right? smile

Had my 3-month echoc. today and have lost 10% of LVEF from 70% down to 60%. BUT I am still gonna do a Happy Dance because now I am nearly 100% sure I am NOT getting the placebo! Getting the placebo has been one of my worst fears ... not so much cuz I wouldn't be getting the Real Stuff but because I have had a bunch o' rough side effects and BOY was I going to be embarrassed if I found out I had the placebo and was just getting good at whining!!!

I do have some serious questions too but am heading off to bed for the night. Will post soon. In the meantime, even though I haven't posted, I have been reading and thinking of everyone ... and even planning ahead for a visit from Miss Tipster sometime this winter. We had our first snowflakes yesterday in Minnesota. Does Tippy T. have a down jacket and snowshoes?!?

Thinking of you all ...
AbbyDawg
AbbyDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:27 PM   #2
Jeanette

Oh Abbydawg, we certainly do have some stories to tell. Some not so good, but we get thru them. I think I could write a book. But I take life one day at a time and get thru the best i can. we are truly warriors. jeanette
Jeanette is offline   Reply With Quote