HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2021, 03:32 PM   #1
valleygirl

Nct03368729

Looks like I'll be starting this trial in acouple weeks. Anyone familiar
with it or on it?
Old 08-06-2021, 03:59 PM   #2
donocco

Re: Nct03368729

Valleygirl

New drugs always are interesting and of course giving you some facts is paramount. Ill see what I can find. I imgaine you are most interested in possible side effects.

Paul
donocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 04:14 PM   #3
donocco

Valleyfgirl

I xeroxed a clinical trial. There isnt too much info on the drug but NCT03368729 is niraparib and it is a PARP inhibitor. The side effects such as myelodysplastic syndrome and Leukemia are very rare (1'5%) and there is no sense worrying about them now. I only mention them so you wont get upset reading about them.

There can be pneumonitis etc etc but the main side effects are the usual GI side effects anemia, taste alterations, and fatigue.

This is an educated guess. I got this info from Lynparza, another PARP inhibitor. Usually a class of drug has similar side effects. All inhibitors of the VEGF receptor cause high blood pressure, for example. Ill search to see if there is anything unusual about Niraparib. Sorry not to be more exact. Please excuse any misspellings.

Paul
Old 08-06-2021, 05:42 PM   #4
donocco

Valleygirl

I may have written in haste as I was rushing. When I put up those numbers I got a clinical trial of niraparib and Trastuzumab. Niriparib is an FDA approved drug called Zejula. Im a bit confused. I saw all those numbers and assumed Niraparib was an experimental drug. Maybe the trial with Herceptin is experimental, Ill doublecheck all this when I not rushed. Its possible that NCT03368729 is an entirely different medication, yet I kind of doubt this.

Paul
Old 08-06-2021, 11:46 PM   #5
donocco

Yes as I realize you stated at first now, the long number is the clinical trial number. It is Niraparib and Trastuzumab (Herceptin). There are 2 different dosing schedules of Niraparib, 100mg daily for 21 days or 200mg daily for 21 days. The Herceptin seems to be the same in both groups- 8mg/KG loading dose, then 6mg/KG Hereceptin given every 3 weeks,

Zajula can cause high blood pressure, and you will probably be monitored for this. It can also cause neutropenia, thrombocytopenia and anemia. These side effects are not emphasized with Lynparza. I dont think the hypertension of Zajula has anyting to do with VEGF or its receptors but Im not sure. Blood counts are usually Routinely monitored.

I imagine the heart will be monitored due to the Herceptin. Hope this helps remove any uncertainty.

Paul
Old 08-08-2021, 10:16 AM   #6
valleygirl

I appreciate all your insight.

Thank you!!
Denise