HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2013, 01:35 PM   #1
chekmark

Ok, slightly stressed

I saw my ob gyn today for my yearly, before breast cancer I was treating for an ovarian cyst and stage 4 endometriosis, I had ultra sounds of ovaries every 4 to 6 months and was placed on agestyn for both which may have contributed to my breast cancer but no proof of that. I haven't had an ultra sound since last February cuz everything looked good but today he asked me questions that kinda scared me and is doing an ultra sound next week. Not even worried about the pap, YET. What concerns me is he said I am high risk for ovarian and uterine cancer since I have had breast cancer and I am on femara. Not sure but I think I asked my oncologist this question once and she said Her2 doesn't usually cause alarm for ovarian,etc. I could be wrong. That is all a blur these days. I said remove them and he said he can't without reason, say what? Just curious how many still have all there girly parts and should I be concerned? I haven't played freak out for awhile but I am today and I know this is probably stupid with so many others having larger issues but any input would be greatly appreciated. Should I be concerned? I asked him if he was asking me these questions because he felt there was something wrong or was he just being very thorough and he said some mumble jumble about being over 50, yada yada yada. Ladies?
DX Sept 30 2010 at the age of 49. Oh crap! 1.5 cm idc, stage 1 grade 3 er/pr+, her2+ no lymph nodes, mastectomy Oct/10. Started 6 rounds of TCH Dec/10 and will continue herceptin until Nov /11 and just started femara.
Stray kitten found my lump while I was playing with it. It is now my pet and my dog is not real happy about that.
Mammo good
last herceptin 11/21/11 YAY
reconstruction 12/09/11
Chapter closed 12/10/11, hopefully, fingers crossed
Bone scan, chest xray, clear
04/27/12 Expander removed, implant put in, ahh sigh of relief, much more comfortable
Sept 30, 2014, 4 years NED
chekmark is offline   Reply With Quote