HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Herceptin / Tykerb
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Herceptin / Tykerb Share your experiences or ask questions about Herceptin or Tykerb

Old 10-29-2007, 10:54 AM   #1
Senorina

Smile Pregnancy after Herceptin?

Unfortunately I was diagnosed just two weeks after my one-year anniversary. I'm 39 now and completed chemo last August and Herceptin last month. I want to get pregnant, so I'm cleansing as much as possible. My oncologist said "The Institute" recommend 2 to 3 years, but that is toooo long.

Has anyone gotten pregnant after completion of all treatments?
Any advice?

Thank You.
Senorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 02:39 PM   #2
theresaw

Question

I have been done with my chemo for a little over a yr, and herceptin I believe now for 6months. I got my first period in over a yr last month, and my onc told me to start thinking of birth control, however I never did before. Anyway my period has not come yet this month, it is 4 days late, my concern is am I pregnant or is my body still trying to get itself together. Should i take a pregnancy test... I don't know.
theresaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 03:54 PM   #3
Senorina

Theresaw,
When I was finishing chemo, I skipped about 4 periods then went back and have been regular ever since. The only form of birth control I feel comfortable with, since being diagnosed, is with the use of condoms. I don't trust any form of hormone-based birth control. Did your oncologist recommend one?

It is very possible your body is still adjusting, but I would definitely recommend a safe form of birth control and taking a test. Also, I have been taking Flax Seed Oil (with Lignans) for over a year (since being diagnosed), which has helped with hormone balance. You might want to look into that. (My periods are very regular).

Hope this helps.
Senorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:53 PM   #4
Razzleberry

Re: Pregnancy after Herceptin?

Did you receive any response to your question about how long to wait after Herceptin to become pregnant? I was diagnosed right after we married. We went through IVF before chemo and have two embryos. I am researching because my oncologist told me normally she would wait 1-2 years. I am 46. I'll be done with Herceptin in November and we were targeting June (2013) to be pregnant.

I'd love to know what you heard and what you did? You post looks a couple years old ... by the way, I am in Sacramento too.

Many Thanks, Razzleberry
Razzleberry is offline   Reply With Quote