HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-26-2011, 04:34 PM   #21
krisvell

Re: Possible Liver Mets?

Ann;
Rats! I was hoping you'd get better news. You were smart to go to work; especially if you love your job.
Wishing you the best treatment option to zap the liver mets and get to NED in no time.
Sending prayers your way,
Kris....
10/07/09 - Finished Chemo
10/27/09 - Mastectomy RB
Path Report: RB No residual tumor pCR,
2 of 15 pos - .5mm largest micromets
12/18/09 - Radiation started (28)
02/05/10 - Finished Radiation
01/11/10 - Started Femara
06/22/10 - Finished Herceptin.. My son's 22nd BD. Hope it's a sign! Hoping for the best.
11/15/10 - Started Walter Reed BC Vaccine trial at
1/04/11 - Sibley Mem. Had to withdraw due to met
01/23/11 - Stage IV - Brain Met 1.6cm 1.7cm
02/03/11 - Gamma Knife (2 fracts to minmize necrosis)
03/01/11 - Gamma Knife
6/11 - Necrosis
7/11 - Necrosis stopped & Tumor progression
8/11 = Now think it's really necrosis
9/11 - Avastin every two weeks -- It's working!! Necrosis is shrinking.
12/11 - Necrosis gone AVASTIN worked.
12/11 - Bone &CT found

Oct '10 - Ran Hartford 1/2 Marathon to Thank Dr. Slamon for Herceptin!
krisvell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:40 PM   #22
Lori R

Ann,
I wish I could provide you with a road map to get you to NED.

I fully understand what you mean about working and how it helps focus on something other than the challenges of cancer. I've been through multiple rounds of chemo and liver met related treatments and I've worked through the majority of it. I encourage you to figure out your next steps and plan on returning to work in the fall.

Hmmm...next steps. The good news is that there are so many options to choose from and they are all very doable. I was referred to a Dr. to perform Radio Frequeny Ablation (RFA) for my liver met. He opted to use cryosurgery. I did have "insurance" chemo after the cryosurgery.

I am not 100% certain if I would recommend cryosurgery , as the liver met returned. Another option is targeted radiation. I investigated this option prior to electing to have a liver resection. It too appeared very promising with very little down time.

I want to reassure you that all of these options are doable. I worked during each round of treatment, attended all of my daughter's school events.

Please keep us posted. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me.

Keep the faith....Lori
Node + 2/14 - Single Liver Met
Double Mastectomy
Nov - Begin T+H
Feb-Complete 6 cycles- T&H- NED
March - Continue - Herceptin Only
April - Rads for 6 weeks
Continue Herceptin - Continue NED
April - Recurrance- 3 cm. Liver Met
May - Cryosurgery
June - November - Abraxane + Herceptin
Aug - PET/CT - CTC = 0 Back to NED
January - Continue NED
July - Recurrance - 3 cm Liver Met CTC=1
August - Cryosurgery #2
August - November Navelbine
November - Back to NED - End Navelbine
Feb - Recur - 4 cm Liver Met - Same Left Lobe
March Surgery it is -Couldn't get a clean margin
July - Confirmed continued liver involvement
August - Begin Herceptin + Tykerb
October - Mixed results from H+T
Add Abraxane + H + T - Nov - April
January PET Scan - It's working!!
April - Back to NED
July - Recurrance
August - Begin TDM-1 Trial (Taxol + TDM-1)
Lori R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:26 AM   #23
Shobha

Wishing you the very best and speedy return to NED status!
BRCA 1 and 2 - Negative
Jan 2008 - Bilateral mastectomy, prophylactic Rt. side.
Radiation for 5 weeks
Completed my yr of herceptin on 07-14-2008
Brain MRI - 3/2/09 Clean
Shobha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:59 AM   #24
Missyw

I just had to write to let you know my experience with liver mets. You have to know they are absolutely treatable; hair included! My first met disappeared with my original A/C, taxol, Herceptin rounds. I went NED for three years. The pesky bugger came back and I went on Navelbine and searched out every cutting edge (no pun intended) treatment the interventional radiologist could find. One by one the newest treatments (ablation, cryo, cyberknife etc.) fell away due to the location of the mass. I found a liver transplant guy who would resect me. I had the resection two years ago. I went back on Navelbine for a very few weeks after the surgery. Once I was officially NED again, I went back to herceptin only. My hair thinned a bit, but no one else really noticed. I have been NED, on herceptin only for these last two years. I have continued to work full time in all these years. I took three weeks off for my resection. I have continued to be a full time wife and mom as well. I don't have to tell you the terror of this diagnosis; however, I found stories of hope on this site and I have gained immeasurable strength from my her 2 sisters. Now you will be a source of inspiration for others. You will write your story in five years and tell another terrified sister that she will come through this and lead a rich wonderful life. I saw my son graduate from high school and finish his first year of college; I saw my daughter become a high school Pom and go to her first dance. I have been here for amazing things and you will be to!

Find a great doctor and attack this thing with all of your strength. There are so many amazing treatments. I know you will find the one you need.

Diagnosed 1/06; Her-2, er/pr+
lumpectomy
4 Rounds A/C
tiny area of interest in liver - watching
12 rounds of Taxol w/ Herceptin
tiny area cleared - Stage IV (because area responded to chemo)
Herceptin weekly
27 rounds radiation
NED 8/06
10/06 oopherectomy
Arimidex
1/07-7/07 Vaccine Trial - UW Seattle
3/09 liver met back
3/09 Navelbine, Herceptin Aromasin
6/09 Liver Resection
Missyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:17 AM   #25
Jeanette

Smile Re: Possible Liver Mets?

I too was diagnosed with liver mets, plus bone. i had a liver biopsy and it did not hurt at all. Was sent to Moffett hospital in Tampa to see if they agreed to my onc's treatment plan.

I have started Xeloda today and have also had Faslodex shots, a real pain in the butt. But it only stings for a little bit. I am also on Zometa for my bones. Taking it one day at a time and hoping for the best.

Forgot to mention , I had had lost a lot of weight, about 50 lbs. And here I was thiinking it was nice to finally buy some cute clothes. I am slowly gaining some weight back, but I don't want to gain all that i had lost.
Best wishes , Jeanette
Jeanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 05:53 AM   #26
Sheila

Ann
So sorry to read your post about the liver mets....at times i feel like "do we ever get a break"......there are so many resident experts on this board to help you deal with this setback...they have all been there and more importantly are still here.....stay strong, and know that we are all here for you.....keeping you in my prayers....this too will be behind yoefore you know it!

Hugs & Blessings
Sheila
Diagnosed at age 49.99999 2/21/2002 via Mammography (Calcifications)
Core Biopsy 2/22/02
L. Mastectomy 2/25/2002
Stage 1, 0.7cm IDC, Node Neg from 19 nodes Her2+++ ER PR Neg
6/2003 Reconstruction W/ Tissue Expander, Silicone Implant
9/2003 Stage IV with Mets to Supraclavicular nodes
9/2003 Began Herceptin every 3 weeks
3/2006 Xeloda 2500mg/Herceptin for recurrence to neck nodes
3/2007 Added back the Xeloda with Herceptin for continued mets to nodes
5/2007 Taken Off Xeloda, no longer working
6/14/07 Taxol/Herceptin/Avastin
3/26 - 5/28/08 Taxol Holiday Whopeeeeeeeee
5/29 2008 Back on Taxol w Herceptin q 2 weeks
4/2009 Progression on Taxol & Paralyzed L Vocal Cord from Nodes Pressing on Nerve
5/2009 Begin Rx with Navelbine/Herceptin
11/09 Progression on Navelbine
Fought for and started Tykerb/Herceptin...nodes are melting!!!!!
2/2010 Back to Avastin/Herceptin
5/2010 Switched to Metronomic Chemo with Herceptin...Cytoxan and Methotrexate
Pericardial Window Surgery to Drain Pericardial Effusion
7/2010 Back to walking a mile a day...YEAH!!!!
9/2010 Nodes are back with a vengence in neck
Qualified for TDM-1 EAP
10/6/10 Begin my miracle drug, TDM-1
Mixed response, shrinking internal nodes, progression skin mets after 3 treatments
12/6/10 Started Halaven (Eribulen) /Herceptin excellent results in 2 treatments
2/2011 I CELEBRATE my 9 YEAR MARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/5/11 begin Gemzar /Herceptin for node progression
2/8/2012 Gemzar stopped, Continue Herceptin
2/20/2012 Begin Tomo Radiation to Neck Nodes
2/21/2012 I CELEBRATE 10 YEARS
5/12/2012 BeganTaxotere/ Herceptin is my next miracle for new node progression
6/28/12 Stopped Taxotere due to pregression, Started Perjeta/Herceptin
Sheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 06:18 PM   #27
CoolBreeze

Thank you all for the wonderful support and advice.

I had to laugh when somebody said I got summers for my treatment - can you believe they make us high school secretaries work through the summer? There is nothing much to do but not only do they make us work, they make us work 4/10s!! At least if they put me on something that causes diarrhea, I won't have to fight a hallway full of kids to get to the bathroom. And, if I'm tired and need to sleep later, nobody will be the wiser.

I had my pre-biopsy bloodwork done and now am waiting the call to set up the biopsy. Ideally, it would wait until after June 10th, which is graduation. But, we all know how much fun waiting is and I really want to get it done. I just imagine those suckers growing fast and I want them treated! And, like we all do, I want my treatment plan in place. Glad to hear the biopsy doesn't hurt.

I'm preternaturally calm. Not terrified, not worried for me at all.

I'm upset for my family though, especially my 14 year old son. If it turns out to be worse than I think, then how sad for him to lose his mother so early. I'll never forget one day when I was in the video game store buying a birthday present , a boy a little younger than my son was in there alone and started talking me. He immediately told me that his mother had just died of a heart attack; he asked me what I was buying and I said a present for my son. I was done with treatment then and had very short hair and I felt so sad for that boy - telling every stranger he saw his sad news - killing time at the video game store to take his mind off it - I and was so happy that my son wouldn't have to go through that pain.

I'm just so glad to know that there are treatments that can keep me around a while longer. I want very much to see my son graduate and off to college. He's an amazing student with a 4.7 GPA and he skipped a grade and will barely be 17 when he graduates. I want to see what college he goes to, take him there and settle him in. I have a 24 year old too, who still needs me -he calls me with his problems still. But, he's got his own life and he's raised.

But, oddly enough, even with those thoughts, this is a lot easier on me than my original diagnosis, even though it was stage II no nodes with a high survival probability. I guess I'm a cancer veteran now.

I still don't want to be bald. Like the Carcinista, I'm going out with my hair.

08/17/09 Dx'd.
Multifocal/multicentric IDC, largest 3.4 cm, associated ADH, LCIS, DCIS
HER2+ ER+/PR- Grade 3, Node Negative

10/20/2009: Right mastectomy, reconstruction with TE
12/02/2009: Six rounds TCH, switched to Taxol halfway through due to neuropathy
03/31/2010: Finished chemo
05/01/2010: Began tamoxifen, the worst drug ever
11/18/2010: Reconstruction completed
12/02/2010: Finished herceptin
05/21/2011: Liver Mets. Quit Tamoxifen
06/22/2011: Navelbine/Zometa/Herceptin
10/03/2011: Liver Resection, left lobe. Microwave ablation, right lobe - going for cure!
11/26/2011: C-Diff Superbug Infection, "worst case doctor had seen in 20 years"
03/28/2012: Progression in ablated section of the liver - no more cure. Started Abraxane, continue herceptin/zometa
10/10/2012: Progression continues, started Halaven, along with herceptin and zometa.
01/15/2013: Progression continues, started Gemzar and Perjeta, an unusual combo, continuing with herceptin and zometa
03/13/2013: Quit Gemzar, body just won't handle it. Staying on herceptin, zometa and perjeta.
04/03/2013: CT shows 50% regression in tumor, so am starting back on Gemzar with dose reduction, staying with perjeta/herceptin/zometa. Can't argue with success!
05/09/2013: Discussing SBRT with Radiology due to inability of bone marrow to recover from chemo.
06/07/2013: Fiducial placement for SBRT
07/03/2013: Chemo discontinued, on Perjeta, Herceptin and Zometa alone
07/25/2013: SBRT (gamma knife) begins
08/01/2013: SBRT completed
08/15/2013: STABLE! continuing with Perjeta, Herceptin, Zometa
06/18/2014: ***** NED!!!!***** continuing with Perjeta, Herceptin, Zometa
01/29/2014: Still NED. continuing with Perjeta, Herceptin. Zometa lowered to every 3 months instead of monthly.
11/08/2015: Progression throughout abdomen and lungs. Started TDM-1, aka Kadcyla. Other meds discontinued. Remission was nice while it lasted.

5/27/18: Stable. Kadcyla put me right back in the barn. I have two teeny spots on my lungs that are metabolically inactive, and liver is clean.

I’m beating this MFer. I was 51 when this started and had two kids, 22 and 12. Now I’m 60. My oldest got married and trying to start s family. My youngesg graduates from Caltech this June. My stepdaughter gave me grandkids. Life is fantastic.
CoolBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:55 AM   #28
KDR

Cool Breeze, how did your biopsy go? I haven't seen any word yet. Hope you are doing well. Thinking of you,
Karen
Diagnosed: June 2010, liver mets. ER-/PR+10%; HER2+++.
July 2010: Begin Taxol/Herceptin. Eliminate sugar from diet. No surgery or radiation.
January 2011: NED
April 2011: Progression in liver only. Other previous affected areas eradicated. Stop Taxol/Herceptin after 32 infusions.
May 2011: Brain MRI: clear.
May 2011: Begin Tykerb daily, Xeloda twice per day for one week on, one week off, and Herceptin.
November 2011: Progression in liver. All other tumors remain eradicated.
December 2011: BEGIN TRIAL #09-093 Taxol, MCC-DM1 (T-DM1), Perjeta.
Trial requires scans every six weeks, bloodwork and infusions weekly.
Brain MRI: clear.
January 2012: NED. Liver mets, good riddance!
March 2012: NED. Developed SMA (rare blood clot) in intestinal artery and loss of sight in right eye due to optical nerve neuropathy. Resolved when Taxol removed this month.
Continue Protocol of T-DM1 weekly and Perjeta every 3 weeks.
May 2012: NED.
June 2012: Brain MRI: clear.
June-December 2012: NED.
December 2012: TRIAL CONCLUDED; ENTER TRIAL EXTENSION #09-037. CT, Brain MRI, bone scan: clear. NED.
January-March 2013: NED.
June 2013: Brain MRI: clear. CEA upticking; CT shows new met on liver.
July 3, 2013: DISASTER STRIKES during liver ablation: sloppy surgeon cuts intercostal artery and I bleed out, lose 3.5 liters of blood, have major hemothorax, and collapsed lung requiring emergency resuscitative thoracotomy, lung surgery, rib rearrangement and cutting deep connective tissue, transfusion. Ablation incomplete. This life-saving procedure would end up causing me unforgiving pain with every movement I make, permanently, otherwise known as forever.
July 26, 2013: Try Navelbine/Herceptin. Body too weak after surgery and transfusion. Fever. CEA: Normal.
August 16, 2016: second dose Navelbine/Herceptin; CEA: Normal. Will skip doses. Watching and waiting.
September 2013: NED, Herceptin only. CEA: Normal. Started Arimidex.
October-November 2013: NED. Herceptin and Arimidex. CEA, CA125, 15-3: Normal.
December 2013: Something brewing. PET lights up on little spot on liver; CEA upward trend, just outside normal. PET and triphasic liver scan confirm Little Met. Restart Perjeta with Herceptin, stay on Arimidex. Genomic sequencing completed for future treatments, if necessary.
January 2014: Ablate Little Met on the 6th. Happy New Year.
March 2014: Brain MRI: clear. PET/CT reveal liver mets return; new lung mets. This is not funny.
March 2014: BEGIN TRIAL #10-005 A(11)-Temsirolimus plus Neratinib.
April 2014: Genomic testing indicated they could work, they did not. Very strange drug combo for me, felt weird.
April 2014: Started Navelbine and Herceptin. Needed something tried and true, but had significant progression.
June 2014: Doxil and Herceptin.
July 2014: Progression. Got nothing out of it. Brain: NED.
July 2014: Add integrative medical hematologist-oncologist to my team. Begin supplements. These are tumor-busting, immune system boosters. Add glutathione, lysine and taurine IV infusions every three weeks.
July 2014: Begin Gemzar, Herceptin & Perjeta. Happy.
August 2014: ECHO perfect.
January 2015: Begin weekly Vitamin D Analog infusions. 25 mcg. via port.
February 2015: CT: stable.
April 2015: Gem working, but not 100%. Looking into immunotherapy. Finally, treatments for the 21st century!
April 2015: Penn Medicine. Dendritic cell immunotherapy.
KDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:48 PM   #29
CoolBreeze

Hi Karen.

The biopsy was Thursday and it was very very painful. I was surprised, as was the medical team. They gave me Versed and Fentanyl but they might as well have given me water. I now know what it feels like to be stabbed.

I wrote up a (long) description in my blog for those interested.

This is the first painful medical test I've had in two years of treatment so I guess I can't complain too much.

I get the results on Wednesday - my appointment is at 9:45. There is little doubt what it will be. I am glad to hear the stories of people who have done well. I will ask about RFA if there are still only two mets. My onc said he wanted to do a PET too, but I don't want to wait for that test to begin treatment. I hope he sets something up Wednesday - even herceptin.

I've been having lower left side back pain since November (while still on herceptin) and it has increased to the point where it is beginning to interfere with my life. It is also all across my lower back, so I fear that is also part of the disease process. Needless to say, I want to get on some kind of treatment ASAP.

I'll let you all know. Thank you for your support.

08/17/09 Dx'd.

10/03/2011: Liver Resection, left lobe. Microwave ablation, right lobe - going for cure!
03/28/2012: Progression in ablated section of the liver - no more cure. Started Abraxane, continue herceptin/zometa
10/10/2012: Progression continues, started Halaven, along with herceptin and zometa.
01/15/2013: Progression continues, started Gemzar and Perjeta, an unusual combo, continuing with herceptin and zometa
03/13/2013: Quit Gemzar, body just won't handle it. Staying on herceptin, zometa and perjeta.
04/03/2013: CT shows 50% regression in tumor, so am starting back on Gemzar with dose reduction, staying with perjeta/herceptin/zometa. Can't argue with success!
05/09/2013: Discussing SBRT with Radiology due to inability of bone marrow to recover from chemo.
01/29/2014: Still NED. continuing with Perjeta, Herceptin. Zometa lowered to every 3 months instead of monthly.
11/08/2015: Progression throughout abdomen and lungs. Started TDM-1, aka Kadcyla. Other meds discontinued. Remission was nice while it lasted.

5/27/18: Stable. Kadcyla put me right back in the barn. I have two teeny spots on my lungs that are metabolically inactive, and liver is clean.

I’m beating this MFer. I was 51 when this started and had two kids, 22 and 12. Now I’m 60. My oldest got married and trying to start s family. My youngesg graduates from Caltech this June. My stepdaughter gave me grandkids. Life is fantastic.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:30 PM   #30
Elizabethtx

Sorry to hear it was so painful! At least it is over and you can recover. Here's to hoping the news is better than expected! Hugs!
3.2 cm 2/18 +lymph nodes
Stage 2b; E+/P+/Her2 +++
Nottingham score grade 2
Ki67 30%
3/2010 A/C 4 DD/2wks
5/2010 Herceptin/Taxotere 4D/3wks
8/2010 Herceptin until May 2011
Tamoxifin 20mg
9/2010 RAD 34 treatments
Pet scan Aug 2010 clear
Port removed July 2011
Bone scan, chest MRI 12/11 clear
Vaccine trial began Oct 2011

Elizabethtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:24 AM   #31
KDR

Cool Breeze,
I am SO sorry to hear that. I'm going over to your blog now.
Feel good, my sister,
Karen
July 2010: Begin Taxol/Herceptin. Eliminate sugar from diet. No surgery or radiation.
April 2011: Progression in liver only. Other previous affected areas eradicated. Stop Taxol/Herceptin after 32 infusions.
May 2011: Begin Tykerb daily, Xeloda twice per day for one week on, one week off, and Herceptin.
March 2012: NED. Developed SMA (rare blood clot) in intestinal artery and loss of sight in right eye due to optical nerve neuropathy. Resolved when Taxol removed this month.
December 2012: TRIAL CONCLUDED; ENTER TRIAL EXTENSION #09-037. CT, Brain MRI, bone scan: clear. NED.
July 3, 2013: DISASTER STRIKES during liver ablation: sloppy surgeon cuts intercostal artery and I bleed out, lose 3.5 liters of blood, have major hemothorax, and collapsed lung requiring emergency resuscitative thoracotomy, lung surgery, rib rearrangement and cutting deep connective tissue, transfusion. Ablation incomplete. This life-saving procedure would end up causing me unforgiving pain with every movement I make, permanently, otherwise known as forever.
July 26, 2013: Try Navelbine/Herceptin. Body too weak after surgery and transfusion. Fever. CEA: Normal.
August 16, 2016: second dose Navelbine/Herceptin; CEA: Normal. Will skip doses. Watching and waiting.
December 2013: Something brewing. PET lights up on little spot on liver; CEA upward trend, just outside normal. PET and triphasic liver scan confirm Little Met. Restart Perjeta with Herceptin, stay on Arimidex. Genomic sequencing completed for future treatments, if necessary.
March 2014: Brain MRI: clear. PET/CT reveal liver mets return; new lung mets. This is not funny.
April 2014: Genomic testing indicated they could work, they did not. Very strange drug combo for me, felt weird.
April 2014: Started Navelbine and Herceptin. Needed something tried and true, but had significant progression.
July 2014: Add integrative medical hematologist-oncologist to my team. Begin supplements. These are tumor-busting, immune system boosters. Add glutathione, lysine and taurine IV infusions every three weeks.
April 2015: Gem working, but not 100%. Looking into immunotherapy. Finally, treatments for the 21st century!
Old 06-14-2011, 12:25 PM   #32
Jackie07

Just left a message on you blog.

What an excellent piece you'd written recounting the 'painful' experience! It should be a required reading for all medical staff so the pain control issues can be addressed and procedures improved.

We'll be thinking of you.

NICU 4.4 LB
Erythema Nodosum 85
Life-long Central Neurocytoma 4x5x6.5 cm 23 hrs 62090 semi-coma 10 d PT OT ST 30 d
3 Infertility tmts 99 > 3 u. fibroids > Pills
CN 3 GKRS 52301
IDC 1.2 cm Her2 +++ ER 5% R. Lmptmy SLNB+1 71703 6 FEC 33 R Tamoxifen
Recc IIB 2.5 cm Bi-L Mast 61407 2/9 nds PET
6 TCH Cellulitis - Lymphedema - compression sleeve & glove
H w x 4 MUGA 51 D, J 49 M
Diastasis recti
Tamoxifen B. scan
Irrtbl bowel 1'09
Colonoscopy 313
BRCA1 V1247I
hptc hemangioma
Vertigo
GI - > yogurt
hysterectomy/oophorectomy 011410
Exemestane 25 mg tab 102912 ~ 101016 stopped due to r. hip/l.thigh pain after long walk
DEXA 1/13
1-2016 lesions in liver largest 9mm & 1.3 cm onco. says not cancer.
3-11 Appendectomy - visually O.K., a lot of puss. Final path result - not cancer.
Start Vitamin D3 and Calcium supplement (600mg x2)
10-10 Stopped Exemestane due to r. hip/l.thigh pain OKed by Onco 11-08-2016
7-23-2018 9 mm groundglass nodule within the right lower lobe with indolent behavior. Due to possible adenocarcinoma, Recommend annual surveilence.
7-10-2019 CT to check lung nodule.
1-10-2020 8mm stable nodule on R Lung, two 6mm new ones on L Lung, a possible lymph node involvement in inter fissule.
"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY." Irene from Tampa

Advocacy is a passion .. not a pastime - Joe
Jackie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:54 PM   #33
CoolBreeze

Thanks. Tomorrow is the day. I may even be over-prepared for bad news. I'll be shocked if it's not!

08/17/09 Dx'd.

Old 06-15-2011, 04:25 AM   #34
Ellie F

Just praying you get good news today.

Hugs from across the pond.

Ellie
Ellie F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:48 PM   #35
CoolBreeze

I never updated this thread but obviously, I did have liver mets. Had a PET Thursday and Monday I see the onc for a treatment plan. I am just hoping it's only in the liver and nowhere else!

08/17/09 Dx'd.

Old 06-18-2011, 01:53 PM   #36
KDR

Wonder when this revolutionary test will be available to determine whether Herceptin is working:
http://www.medpagetoday.com/Hematolo...stCancer/27061