HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-20-2004, 10:32 AM   #1
Linda in MI.

Hello Ladies,

I just got the BEST NEWS OF MY LIFE TODAY--my ct. of my chest and abdomen is CLEAN after 7 rounds of taxotere/herceptin/and carboplatin. I had lung mets. I'm on top of the world right now. I've been having a lot of swelling of my feet and legs and some around my lungs along with shortness of breath and coughing so I was praying it was not the lung mets, but rather side effects of the taxotere and decadron. Well, my wishes and prayers came true!!

As you all know, the waiting for the results was pure hell and agony. I had the scan Friday. When I got my results today I cried right there and just held onto my oncologist's hand. I was just so thrilled and relieved.

I know this is just the beginning and I still have to be vigilant in dealing with this disease by continuing to do everything I can to strengthen my immune system by taking supplements, juicing, watching what I eat, getting appropriate blood work including markers, natural killer cell function, etc....BUT, at the same time remembering the 80/20 rule which means to not totally depriving myself of the good things in life and allowing myself to eat chocolate occasionally or a piece of cake. And, most of all, doing things that give me joy and enjoying my kids and husband.

Hope I did not ramble on too much. I'm just so thrilled to be in NEDLAND!!!!

Lastly, thanks angels for helping me through some extremely difficult and emotional months. I love you all and hope all of you are in NEDLAND soon if you aren't already.

P.S. In addition to herceptin I will also get shots to shut my ovaries down and will either be going on arimidex (I'm leaning towards this) or femara.

Blessings, Hugs, and Love to everyone,

Linda in MI.
Old 01-20-2004, 10:50 AM   #2
Trudy

Hi Linda,

Congratulations on receiving such good news.

What supplements do you take? I would be
interested in knowing what you do to boost
your immune system.
Thanks,

Trudy
Old 01-20-2004, 02:42 PM   #3
Leslie

Linda,

I am just TRILLED for you!!! I am teary-eyed just thinking about your good news. It is so uplifting for all of us survivors to hear this.
Many blessings,

Leslie
Old 01-20-2004, 03:26 PM   #4
JaneP

Congratulations! And Praise God!

Jane
Old 01-20-2004, 08:26 PM   #5
lolalm

My little snoopy is doing the dance for you!! How happy I am for you to receive such great news. Now you can live a little, not to worry about tomorrow. Tomorrow will take care of itself! Enjoy your balanced life!! Hugs, Lola
Old 01-21-2004, 04:27 AM   #6
Linda in MI.

Hi Kitty,

My treatments were weeekly. I had 21 total (7 rounds).
Old 01-21-2004, 04:57 AM   #7
Cindi

That is FANTASTIC news. I am Sooooo happy for you. I have read your posts and am so happy that this disease is now NED for you. What a survivor you are. Congrats and God Bless.
Old 01-21-2004, 06:12 AM   #8
Kitty

Linda,

That is awesome news....were your treatments weekly or every 3 weeks? I have liver mets and have been on weekly taxol/carboplatin/herceptin and my ct scan showed an almost total regression of the mets - I have had 11 wwekly treatments so far --- not quite NED yet but will be shortly. Isn't life grand!!!!!!!
Kitty
Old 01-21-2004, 10:48 AM   #9
Janelle in MI

CONGRATULATIONS! This is the best news possible.... if NED has a brother, send him my way, LOL.

HUGS,
Janelle