Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-20-2009, 03:50 PM   #1
margiermc

The new guidelines sparked the plugs

Sorry - it's the new guidelines that sparked all plugs,
getting political is the last thing I want, I want to let
people know that it's going to be insurance companies
listening to these new guidelines, cancel procedure's etc., it's our health, that we fought so hard to live for and now, its all over the news.

It's frightening and scary.

Hope they never, ever, cancel Herceptin, that made us all survive - I am very heartbroken.

I'm scared now for my daughter, who is 18 and at high risk, my niece, my sister, my future grandchildren, that I may never get to meet.

Sorry, I'm in tears, this is not my fault, just letting this panel know - who came out with the guidelines, that will have a huge impact on everyone of us, who face a disease and get told insurance will not cover.

Not, to mention, our physicians may have to go through a team of others recommending our care, before they
can decide on what they can treat us with - please, don't take offense to me - I'm only scared, shattered and devasted.

That's all.

Wish everyone best of luck, fight hard, keep strong,
keep the faith.

Margie
margiermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 04:36 PM   #2
tricia keegan

Re: The new guidelines sparked the plugs

Margie,

I can see through your words how upset you're over this and am so sorry. I live in Ireland and the routine free screening including mammo's start at 50 and always have. of course if someone younger is concerned they can of course be referred for one sooner by their family Dr which is what happened in my case at 46.
I hope your fears are ungrounded in the future and maybe people are looking at the worst case scenario in view of this recent announcement. Just wanted to let you know I'm sorry you're so worried and upset
Rads x 36 ..oophorectomy August '06
Currently taking Arimidex..
June 2011 osteopenia/ zometa x1 yearly- stopped Zometa 2015 as Dexa show normal bone density.
Stopped Arimidex July 2014- Restarted Arimidex 2015 for a further two years on the advice of my Onc.
2014 Normal Dexa scan
2018 Mammo all clear, still NED!
tricia keegan is offline   Reply With Quote