HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-29-2004, 10:04 AM   #1
Kristen

I actually did pretty well, I was given benadryl and anzamet and dexam. before each treatment. I never did vomit and I remember I liked spicy foods because my taste buds couldn't taste anything, I loved chicken wings. The mouth sores were minimal, and the happy juice took care of that. I did loose my hair within 2-3 weeks of starting. I could feel when my counts were low, my body would ache and toward the end of treatment I was on oxycodone for pain. I just felt like a truck ran over me. My RBC's dropped slowly and since I only had 6 treatments my onc let them come up on there own, no blood transfusion. It took a long time before my body and mind were in sync. I felt fine, but my body wouldn't let me do things I wanted to do.
There was only one other person on the study and she dropped out because she said the Herceptin was to painful. My onc kept me comfortable, but I did have pain after they said I shouldn't. They blamed it on Taxotere, Herceptin, whatever. They wanted me to go to pain management and put me on drugs like Vioxx, that my stomach couldn't handle. So basically I just quit taking anything and have learned to live with it. Most days I am really good, and to this day, sometimes I just get tired. I didn't get neuropathy, that is one of the side effects of Taxotere, I think. But you have been down this road once and I hope and Pray to God it is the last for you. Take Care. It probably sounds worse than it was. k