HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2006, 05:19 AM   #1
Patty H

update on nausea

My cure for nausea which was vomiting didn't work well. I ended up in the hospital. Zofran is what they give me in my IV with steroids before chemo and in the hospital. I ask my Dr. if it came in pill form so I could take it at home. He said yes but it usually only works for the first couple of days after chemo. He gave me a prescription for it and on the way home from the hospital I dropped it off to be filled. When I went to get it, they said it hadn't been pre- approved by my insurance. So I have to call back to day to see if I can have it. I have never heard of such thing. I know my insurance was changing but of all meds to with-hold, my nausea ones? The Dr. had suggested I stay another night at the hospital but since we had talked about this being the day I would come home, I just couldn't seem to change horses in mid- stream. But I know he was right because I feel nausea again. The nurses keep telling me I shouldn't be nausea now. My last chemo was a week ago today. I guess my body just didn't get the message. My body might not recognize cancer but it sure recognizes poison and wants it out whether with vomiting or diarrhea. So for now I am using the suppository compazine, waiting to see if I get the zofran. I did write down the ones some of you suggested that I haven't tried yet to ask about. Patty H
Patty H is offline   Reply With Quote