HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Herceptin / Tykerb
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Herceptin / Tykerb Share your experiences or ask questions about Herceptin or Tykerb

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2012, 12:23 AM   #1
Kmswilson

Question Questions on how you feel on Lapatinib and Xeloda

I tried searching for a thread, but I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for, so I apologize if I'm doing a big repeat here! I'm going to be starting on Laptinib and Xeloda in a few weeks as soon as I'm dome with and past the waiting period after having WBR (three more rads left)! So far, all of KY chemo and Herceptin has been infusions through my port, so I get it all on one day, feel like crap for a few days to a week, then I have a week or two where I almost feel normal again. Since it sounds like I'm going to be taking all of these pills for two weeks on, one week off, I'm just wondering how it works. In general, do you feel like crap every day during the two weeks you take this stuff? The aches, pains, nausea, etc.? And then feel decent for the week off? Or is it something that other than the diarrhea I'm hearing about and the hand and foot evils I've read about, you feel kind of okay during the two weeks? I'm just really nervous about it since I've gotten used to getting it all infused and then moving on for a week or two for the last year, which has helped planning to be able to do stuff with my kids and family. It seems like taking all of these pills every day on top of what I already take, and taking them every day for two weeks might prolong the feeling like chemo crap. I know this stuff can affect everyone differently, but I figured you guys might have some insight.

Don't get me wrong, I'll do whatever it takes to get and keep this crap under control, get some regression, etc. I just want to see if I can start planning how I can LIVE while I'm doing this new treatment and I hate the thought of feeling terrible for two solid weeks and then recovering during a week, only to start it all over again with the next cycle! Thanks so much in advance for all of your help. This site and all your advice sure has helped keep me going the last 13 months! :-)
12/27/10 - IDC, rt breast (approx. 15 cm), lymph nodes, age 36. 1/7/11 - stage 4 IDC, extensive liver mets, Bone mets (spine, sacrum, rib, sternum, upper arm), ER-/PR-, HER2+++; 1/12/11 - port, 1/17/11- startweekly Taxol/Herceptin, monthly Zometa
3/8/11- decrease in all tumors, bones healing. 3/11- 3 wks on/1 off Taxol/Herceptin, +Zometa
6/6/11 - decrease in all tumors, healing bones, 2-4 new liver lesions. 3 wks on/1 wk off Taxol/Carbo/Herceptin, +Zometa
7/29/11 - liver progression, others stable; 8/11-drop taxol/carbo, start Navelbine
12/11 - liver progression; begin AC, drop Herceptin;
1/12 - liver enzymes normal, 2/6 results show regression in liver, stable others, but 9 tiny brain mets (largest 7 mm). Begin 13 WBRs 2/6; 2/29-start Tykerb, 3/7, start Xeloda
5/2012- liver progression and regression, liver biopsy confirms HER2+++. drop Xeloda, start Herceptin, Tykerb, Zometa.
5/2012- brain MRI shows all lesions gone except 1, 2mm shrinking!
Kmswilson is offline   Reply With Quote