HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-07-2005, 03:05 PM   #1
jessica

What a thrill to share good news on this site with the amazing women (& men!) who've helped guide me and comfort and encourage me during this long journey!!
I just had a CT/PET last Tuesday morning after 8 weeks of TCH, (and prior to that, 9 weeks of Abraxane/Herceptin, but because there was a screw up in my dosing, there was little change in the spot in my liver & a new suspicious nodule in my lung.)
Nonetheless, NED's BACK...Spots are gone!!! My onc had me come back to the hospital at the end of the day on Tuesday & although the written report wasn't available, they did get a verbal report. The PA popped her head in the room and said "Good News!" right away. I was expecting, at the very least, "stable" , not the good, Great,WONDERFUL news of "complete response" in my liver AND lung. Oh what a relief! especially after the disappointment of the A/H combo.
The next step is to meet w/a surgical onc to talk about resecting the area in my liver, as there's presumably micromets waiting to grow.i'm not going to give them a chance, so resection it is!Until we have a surgery date scheduled, i'm going to continue w/weeklyTCH. Although I'm totally intimidated by the surgery, I'm really hoping sooner than later...And ofcourse, I'm anxious to grow some hair back!
So, that's 71 weeks of treatment in the past 3 years...and I'm still here...w/NED nonetheless!! Screw the statistics!

Pam P, Jojo, Christine & Lisa-thanks for "talking me off the ledge" a couple of weeks ago when I was in FULL TILT ANXIETY mode & wanted to scan before the full 8 week cycle was complete. Your your encouragement & comfort helped me get centered & peaceful enough to make it the additional 2 weeks.

Pam-thinking of you...sending you lots of peace and calm and courage and strength. Keep the faith!!! please let us know how you're doing.

Prayers, Faith & Courage to us ALL
Peace & Victory!!!
Old 07-07-2005, 03:19 PM   #2
judiek

Jessica,

That's fabulous news...so happy for you...praying it last's forever!!

warmly,

judiek
Old 07-07-2005, 05:21 PM   #3
triciak

Ditto to JudieK's mesage! TriciaK
Old 07-07-2005, 05:51 PM   #4
eric

Jessica,

Hooray!!! What great news. I hope it lasts forever. Enjoy.

Warmest regards,
Eric
Old 07-07-2005, 07:28 PM   #5
dberg

Jessica,
I am just starting my "after chemo" journey. I have often tried to imagine what my life might be like with mets and so admire women like you who JUST KEEP GOING. I had a big scare with "activity" in a PET/CT scan this week, so know what it might be like one day. All is well after all and I am so glad to hear your good news too. Atta girl, and I send hugs.

Diane
Old 07-08-2005, 12:06 AM   #6
StephN

GREAT news, Jessica!
Thanks for shouting it to the rooftops.
I also had an additional 3 treatments of Taxol, Navelbine and Herceptin after my PET showed the last small spot to be merely scar tissue. Those last 3 treatments were for the purpose of "mopping up" any cancer cells that may have been hanging around. That seems to have donethe trick as I have had no relapse in my body from neck down in three years.

If you are worried about a few cells and will be staying on Herceptin, you should be able to get along without any surgery. Think about that, although I know there have been some posts on this subject. The three-week routine for Herceptin has been very effective for me and many others I know who are stage IV. My mets were to liver and bones.
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 08:33 AM   #7
Pam P

Jessica -- Hooray!! that's wonderful news! NED - that's terrific. I'm so happy for you. Now you can breathe deeply and let some - no, all - of that stress dissolve. It's so good to read about great news. Thanks for mentioning that the posts helped a couple weeks back -- ditto -- your post helped me too. I have info on my scan results too. I'll put it in a separate post. Peace, Pam
Old 07-08-2005, 04:36 PM   #8
Linda

Jessica
What wonderful news - you must be so thrilled.Thanks for sharing it with us all.
love
linda
Old 07-08-2005, 07:06 PM   #9
al from canada

Jessica,

You are the envy of all!!!!!

All the best,
Al
Old 07-08-2005, 10:10 PM   #10
Lolly

Oh Jessica, such wonderful news, I am so very happy for you! You are a vivid presence here, and you ALWAYS tell it like it is; keep up the good work and keep on shining!

<3,
Lolly
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote