HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2007, 08:37 AM   #1
Emelie

Red face Stopping Herceptin before 1 year

I have been having so much joint, foot pain that I am seriously considering stopping Herceptin before the full year. I have searched the internet for any info. regarding less than the 52 week treatment and have found the New Zealand info. and the Finland info. Cost is not the issue for me, as my insurance has been great. My problem is the joint pain. It is in my toes, the bottom of my feet, my Achilles tendoin, my elbows, shoulders, fingers, you name it, it has intense pain. It has gotten worse as time has gone on.
I have the Herceptin mixed with sterile water for my treatmens, take all the vitamins along with Mega EFA Omega-3 EPA & DHA supplements, walk at least 1 1/2 mile each day, eat really well (I always have). I thought Celebrex would help, but then I just got to the point that I could no longer go up and down my stairs or up out of a chair. I am now taking Darvocet to get through my day.
I have 6 more treatments scheduled before my year is up. I just don't know if I can do this.
Any advice or info regarding shorter duration of treatment or how to lessen the pain, would be greatly appreciated.
Emelie
Emelie is offline   Reply With Quote