HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-24-2004, 01:13 AM   #1
Vicki Z

I love you, Rozebud!

Your note on the message board couldn't have come at a better time for me. I just had my port removed yesterday (finished chemo Aug. 20) and then had first follow-up with med-onc. and I was awake at 12:30 a.m. and 4:30 a.m. "processing" what she said. It wasn't bad news, but rather percentages -- 70% doing nothing more than surgery, 80% with chemo and 85% survival rate with the htc I had for 12 weeks. So, reading your notes about the "30-year survival" rate was good news. I'm at that place where I'm finished with treatment and still feeling a little uncertainty about the future. However, I am also working on letting go and peace of mind and notes like yours help. Have a great weekend. I'm going to be at the Susan G. Komen walk this Sun. in Newport Beach.

Vicki
Old 09-24-2004, 11:06 PM   #2
anne

You guys made me feel so much better. Thank you for posting those numbers. Her2 dx seem devastating but I think in the long run is the same. It is hard to read all those grim stats and look for the silver lining and you have done it. Thank you again. XOXO Anne