HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-18-2016, 12:41 PM   #1
Hopeful

Re: Aromatase Inhibitors: Personalized dosing?

Saw this in one of the news forums and thought I would add it to the thread: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/313566.php

Hopeful
Hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 12:35 AM   #2
Teal55

Re: Aromatase Inhibitors: Personalized dosing?

Thank you for all this valuable information. I stopped Arimadex for 1 month but 2 doctors said I should go on Aromasin. The doctor w the longest experience said o should go on tamoxifen for 2 yrs then switch. This has all been so frustrating. Bottom line I'm so afraid of all the short b love g term side effects. It's been non stop treatment. I've read about so many serious side effects from Tamoxifen.

Have you read about how a person's fear n doubt can influenence outcome? Poor outcome if you didn't trust the medicines. Interesting!

Let's keep this thread going. I'm all for personalize care n personalize medicine dosing as well. This is all valuable information. We need to continue to question n research. Thank you for sharing!
Teal55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 09:41 PM   #3
Teal55

Als & brain damage?

I had a second and third opinion after stopping Arimidex for one month. Two of the three doctors suggested I switch to Aromasin. If side effects are too harsh they want to switch me to Tamoxifen. I started last Friday. Finger's crossed that I have no horrible side effects. Decided that if my "gut" says to stop again, I will listen. Realized at the end of the day, it's our bodies that are taking these drugs, not the doctors.

Thank you everyone for all your support and sharing information. If you come across anymore studies and information about Als impact on the brain please post. I know that it impacts more than just our bones.....

Wishing all of you good health!
Teal55 is offline   Reply With Quote