HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Profiles In Courage
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2006, 04:16 AM   #1
dawn

I am new to this site also, you are such an inspiration to me. I/ve just been diagnosed in March of this year with infiltrating ductal carcinoma. 5.5cm left breast, I had a bilateral masectomy with 8/18 lymphnodes positive. ER+, pr+, her2nu+. Right now Im on my5 out of 6 chemo treatments. Then theres 25 rads. Oncs are saying 5 years chemo and herceptin. I also have a 2 year old daughter and a 5 year old son. I plan on beating this and being cured to see them grow into adults but at times its really tough and scary. So far all my tests, bone scans, muga scans, ultrasounds, cat scans have all come back clean. I find watching my kids sleep the hardest, wondering what life has in store for them. But I keep telling myself that I can beat this and everyday they are coming up with something new for cancer. How can someone at 40 years old, just starting a family end up with this disease? Im going to adopt your attitude and beat the odds also. Thanks for the inspiration.
Dawn
dawn is offline   Reply With Quote