HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2015, 03:14 AM   #16
Lesleycstephen

Re: Looking at Clinical Trials

Hi all

I live in Scotland, UK and find this site really helpful for information on Her2 treatments.

Unfortunately I was dx with primary and secondary at the same time, a year ago, and it had already gone to my liver, lungs and bones. Im only 49 with 4 kids and otherwise had been in great health!

12 cycles of Docetaxol and Herceptin later and the cancer had all but visibly gone. Unfortunately I had an allergic reaction to Perjeta so I can't take it any longer, and I stayed on perception only.

But a month ago, 3 months after stopping chemo, the cancer was back. Seems the Herceptin hasn't done anything to stop the growth - back in my lungs and very unfortunately 3 small brain mets too (though no symptoms).

Like all of us I am DESPERATE to stay here for as long as I can, for the sake of my family. I have just started on Xeloda and an hoping I will respond as well to it as I did to Docetaxol, but I also know my body can only take so much chemo.

I see there are so many Phase 1 and 2 trials in the US for HER2 metastatic cancer and wondered if anyone knows how a non US citizen would get on them? Or is that a totally ridiculous idea?! I am willing to travel if there was something that looked worthwhile.

Also, what are the most promising treatments for someone like me? I know Kadcyla would be next, though I will probably have to pay for that somehow as its not funded by our NHS.

All leads, ideas, thoughts on what I should be looking at/trying very welcome.

Thanks all
Lesleycstephen is offline   Reply With Quote