HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-07-2009, 02:02 PM   #21
Carolyns

Hi Greg,

I am glad that you and your wife have arrived at this site but sorry that you had to join us. I am 53 but have been battling bc for 20 years now. I had bc first 20 years ago and we hit it "hard" with CAF. I lasted 10 years before I got bc in the other breast. The second time treatment was just a mastectomy and I lasted 7 years before I had mets - 3 1/2 years ago.

I have learned over time that there are so many new options and that the hitting it "hard" does not always mean using the chemos with the strongest side effects. Your wife has options and in my opinion making a choice based on many opinions / views from "top" experts in bc who treat many young women will make the choice easier. There is no one right choice or we would all pick it. This science is moving fast and some are more up to date than others on the latest treatments and findings. I have come to believe that the most harsh treatment (side effects wise) is not always the best medicine. That said, some times it is.

Best of luck to you and your wife.

Sincerely, Carolyn
Carolyns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:41 AM   #22
AlaskaAngel

Question

Medical treatment recommendations and consensus tend to be bureaucratically slow to change. As time has gone by and the population of breast cancer has changed, with far fewer patients being diagnosed at higher stages and the vast majority being diagnosed at earlier stages, is the focus on hitting it hard initially with the strongest treatments misplaced?

Do we know, for example, whether there might be a few more recurrences by using less toxic treatments initially for early stage bc, but much longer survival for those who do recur, since they would have more options left to try by not having used them up right off the bat?

Are we still treating bc as if it was all late stage to start with, when the vast majority of the patients now diagnosed don't fit that picture anymore?

AlaskaAngel

1.6 cm HER2+++, ER+, PR+ IDC, some DCIS, treated with CAFx6 and 1 3/4 years tamoxifen, no dose dense, no AI, no taxane, but 7 years of increased vitamin D, organic diet, exercise, no recurrence
AlaskaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:30 PM   #23
CLTann

I reluctantly add my personal opinion to above well written replies. I am reluctant because my remarks are not in line with those who are eager to do the most for the patient.

People often felt that it is their moral and medical duty to give the harshest or most aggressive treatments to the patients so that no one would feel guilty if anything did not come out right. I don't consider most aggressive must be the best or most optimum treatment. The whole idea of cancer treatments is an evaluation of statistics. From histories of treatments thousands of patients have gone through, the medical panel came out with scientic based results to predict what would happen if the patient is given the same meds. However, the end results are often not predictable. The side effects of these treating methods are most likely certain. Sometimes, these side effects outweigh the benefits of the meds.

Very few doctors would oppose a patient's desire to get the harshest med/treatment, because they are trained to avoid lawsuits. However, you can always put your questions to the doctors in a way that do not infringe on their honest proposals without getting them into legal troubles.

Always remember that chemo kills fast dividing cancer cells, but it also kills healthy cells at a time that you really need them to fight cancer cells. Radiation kills cancer cells but also causes cancers. And, every person has a limit of cumulative dosage of radiation in the lifetime, there is no cure to reverse this process.

Stage 1 dx Sept 05
ER/PR positive HER2 +++ Grade 3
Invasive carcinoma 1 cm, no node involvement
Mastec Sept 05
Annual scans all negative, Oct 06
Postmenopause. Arimidex only since Sept 06, bone or muscle ache after 3 month
Off Arimidex, change to Femara 1/12-07, ache stopped
Sept 07 all tests negative, pass 2 year mark
Feb 08 continue doing well.
Sep 09 four year NED still on Femara.
CLTann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:36 PM   #24
Jean

Greg,
First of all I am sorry that your wife was dx with bc.
She is lucky to have you checking and asking questions.
I think another opinon would not hurt.

I am a firm believer in we must work with what we have at this time....rather than not treat. These decsions are not easy. But maybe this may help. Grade 3 tumor is based on the micrioscopic appearance of cancer cells, pathologists commonly describe tumor grade by degrees of severity: Grade 1 tumors resemble normal cells, and tend to grow slowly, while grade 3 and 4 tumors tend to grow rapidly and spread faster than the tumors with a lower grade. So your wife at grade 3 is an important feature. While node negative is favorable it is not a guarantee. So you should consider all the issues that make up your wife's tumor..base your treatment decsions on the character of the tumor. Your wifes oncotype DX is high, but most women with Her2 will have a high test results. Most dr. using the test rule on having chemo after a score of 18 to 20...it varies from different dr.

Next your wife is er Positive which also serves as another means for the cancer to grow via estrogen. We know now that her 2 like to travel and is an aggressive bc....with the drug hercpetin we are seeing the stats changing.

I believe we will have to endure some more years before the stats are out to demonstate the benefits of early stage bc patients having treatments.

The problem we have is that the doctors just don't know which patients need the chemo/hercpetin. What we do know is that herceptin works and has changed the odds about this dx. by 50%.

It is a very difficult decsion to make on treatment and each person has to weigh the odds for themselves. Review your pathology report and certainly seek another opinion. But what ever you do please make a decision based on knowlege and not fear.

Please let us know how you and your wife are doing.
Sending you good wishes and prayers.
Jean
ER+ 90% / PR-, Her2+++ by FISH
Ki-67 40%
Arimidex 5/05
Radiation 32 trt, 5/30/05
Oncotype DX test 4/17/06, 31% high risk
TOPO 11 neg. 4/06
Stopped Arimidex 5/06
TCH 5/06, 6 treatments
Herceptin 5/06 - for 1 yr.
9/06 Completed chemo
Started Femara Sept. 2006

Last edited by Jean; 04-08-2009 at 10:39 PM..
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:07 AM   #25
harrie

Hi Greg,
To me the toughest part of the journey is the time of decision making. My chemo tx (TCH) was so easy in comparison.
Your wife's path report is not a lot different then mine. I think a lot of good oncologists would say no chemo and a lot of good oncos would rec to go ahead and do it.
I know its tough, been there. Like you hear the good news that it was found early and it small, but the bad news......WHAT...CHEMO???? Its a roller coaster ride, I know it.
Anyways, I think it boils down to what are you most comfortable living with in the long run. For me it was doing going the all the way. I know my prognosis was good without the chemo and taking the AIs, but with the chemo, it gave me like a 5% added benefit and to me it was worth it. Maybe for another person it wouldn't be worth it.
I'm glad I did it. I feel like the side effects from the chemo was manageable and I feel totally recuperated from it. Back to normal and better.
Take care. Wish your wife well.
Maryanne

1993: right side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads
1999: left side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads, tamoxifen

2006:
BRCA 2 positive
Stage I, invasive DCIS (6mm x 5mm)
Grade: intermediate
sentinal node biopsy: neg
HER2/neu amplified 4.7
ER+/PR+
TOPO II neg
Oncotype dx 20
Bilat mastectomy with DIEP flap reconstruction
oophorectomy

2007:
6 cycles TCH (taxotere, carboplatin, herceptin)
finished 1 yr herceptin 05/07
Arimidex, stopped after almost 1 yr
Femara
harrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:21 AM   #26
Debbie L.

Greg - the next chapter?

Hi Greg, just wondering if you made the decision about which chemo regimen and if so, how you and your wife are feeling about it. Does she begin on Monday, still? Lots of good thoughts coming your way.

Love,
Debbie Laxague
Debbie L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:15 PM   #27
Greg

Hi gang!

I want to thank you all again for providing us with all of the great information. After doing a ton of research and many heart to heart talks, my wife (she does have a name, it's Vickie!) decided to do the TH each week for 12 weeks (followed by rad, H for a year and hormonal therapy). Our Onc would prefer she do A/C before the TH or do the TCH, but Vickie feels the TH is what she can live with. It took a little work to convince our Onc, but she relented and agreed to do this treatment. I would prefer the TCH for her, but again its not me that has to sit in the infusion chair. There is a trial that began in October 2007 I think, that is looking at the TH regimen. It will be awhile before they have anything to report I imagine. So, we do the first infusion on Tuesday. We are both kind of dreading it but anxious to get started.

After looking at what some of you (and other brave souls on this board) have had to go through and seeing how amazingly upbeat and positive you are, I am simply in awe. God bless you all.
Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:35 AM   #28
Jackie07

Hi Greg and Vickie,

Good luck to you on Tuesday. And do come back to give us a report. I was having quite some reaction during my first chemo. So the next time they added whole bunch other meds to prevent me from throwing up. All the meds worked. I actually gained weight during chemo because I rested quite a bit.

NICU 4.4 LB
Erythema Nodosum 85
Life-long Central Neurocytoma 4x5x6.5 cm 23 hrs 62090 semi-coma 10 d PT OT ST 30 d
3 Infertility tmts 99 > 3 u. fibroids > Pills
CN 3 GKRS 52301
IDC 1.2 cm Her2 +++ ER 5% R. Lmptmy SLNB+1 71703 6 FEC 33 R Tamoxifen
Recc IIB 2.5 cm Bi-L Mast 61407 2/9 nds PET
6 TCH Cellulitis - Lymphedema - compression sleeve & glove
H w x 4 MUGA 51 D, J 49 M
Diastasis recti
Tamoxifen B. scan
Irrtbl bowel 1'09
Colonoscopy 313
BRCA1 V1247I
hptc hemangioma
Vertigo
GI - > yogurt
hysterectomy/oophorectomy 011410
Exemestane 25 mg tab 102912 ~ 101016 stopped due to r. hip/l.thigh pain after long walk
DEXA 1/13
1-2016 lesions in liver largest 9mm & 1.3 cm onco. says not cancer.
3-11 Appendectomy - visually O.K., a lot of puss. Final path result - not cancer.
Start Vitamin D3 and Calcium supplement (600mg x2)
10-10 Stopped Exemestane due to r. hip/l.thigh pain OKed by Onco 11-08-2016
7-23-2018 9 mm groundglass nodule within the right lower lobe with indolent behavior. Due to possible adenocarcinoma, Recommend annual surveilence.
7-10-2019 CT to check lung nodule.
1-10-2020 8mm stable nodule on R Lung, two 6mm new ones on L Lung, a possible lymph node involvement in inter fissule.
"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY." Irene from Tampa

Advocacy is a passion .. not a pastime - Joe
Jackie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 03:25 PM   #29
BonnieR

Greg, it will be such a relief to get the first treatment behind you. And hopefully a bit anticlimatic. I mean that in the best possible way!
You and Vickie are the newest members of our band of "brave souls"! We're all just doing what we have to.
Keep the faith.

Post menopause
May 2007 Core biopsy, Rt breast
ER+, Pr-, HER2 +++, Grade 3
Ki-67: 90%
"suspicious area" left breast
Bilateral mastectomy, (NED on left) May 2007
Sentinel Node Neg
Stage 1, DCIS with microinvasion, 3 mm, mostly removed during the biopsy....
Femara (discontinued 7/07) Resumed 10/07
OncoType score 36 (July 07)
Began THC 7/26/07 (d/c taxol and carboplatin 10/07)
Began Herceptin alone 10/07
Finished Herceptin July /08
D/C Femara 4/10 (joint pain/trigger thumb!)
5/10 mistakenly dx with lung cancer. Middle rt lobe removed!
Aromasin started 5/10
BonnieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:11 PM   #30
SoCalGal

Lani - Just looked back over this post and saw your question to me. I don't know which statistics you refer to but my reply was based upon my understanding of early stage node negative cancer. I was not quoting a statistic or study.
‘03 latisimus dorsi flap to remove skin mets. CLEAN MARGINS. Continue single agent Herceptin thru 4/04. NED.
‘04 '05 & 06 tiny recurrences - scar line. surgery to cut out. NED each time.
1/2006 Rads again, to scar line. NED.

3/07 Heartbreaking news - mets! lungs.sternum. Try Tykerb/Xeloda. Tykerb/Carbo/Gemzar. Switch Oncs.
12/07 Herceptin.Tykerb. Markers go stable.
2/8/08 gamma knife 13mm stupid brain met.
3/08 Herceptin/tykerb/avastin/zometa.
3/09 brain NED. Lungs STABLE.
4/09 attack sternum (10 daysPHOTONS.5 days ELECTRONS)
9/09 MARKERS normal!
3/10 PET/CT=manubrium intensely metabolically active but stable. NEDhead.
Wash out 5/10 for tdm1 but 6/10 CT STABLE, PET improving. Markers normal. Brain NED. Resume just Herceptin plus ZOMETA
Dec 2010 Brain NED, lungs/sternum stable. markers normal.
MAR 2011 stop Herceptin/allergy! Go back on Tykerb and switch to Xgeva.
May-Aug 2011 Tykerb Herceptin Xgeva.
Sept 2011 Tykerb, Herceptin, Zometa, Avastin.
April 2012 sketchy drug trial in NYC. 6 weeks later I’m NED!
OCT 2012 PET/CT shows a bunch of freakin’ progression. Back to LA and Herceptin.avastin.zometa.
12/20/12 add in PERJETA!
March 2013 – 5 YEARS POST continue HAPZ
APRIL 2013 - 6 yrs stage 4. "FAILED" PETscan on 4/2/13
May 2013: rePetted - improvement in lungs, left adrenal stable, right 6th rib inactive, (must be PERJETA avastin) sternum and L1 fruckin'worsen. Drop zometa. ADD Xgeva. Doc says get rads consultant for L1 and possible biopsy of L1. I say, no thanks, doc. Lets see what xgeva brings to the table first. It's summer.
June-August 2013HAPX Herceptin Avastin Perjeta xgeva.
Sept - now - on chemo hold for calming tummy we hope. Markers stable for 2 months.
Nov 2013 - Herceptin-Perjeta-Avastin-Xgeva (collageneous colitis, which explains tummy probs, added Entocort)
December '13 BRAIN MRI ned in da head.
Jan 2014: CONTINUING on HAPX…
FEB 2014 PetCT clinical “impression”: 1. newbie nodule - SUV 1.5 right apical nodule, mildly hypermetabolic “suggestive” of worsening neoplastic lesion. 2. moderate worsening of the sternum – SUV 5.6 from 3.8
3. increasing sclerosis & decreasing activity of L1 met “suggests” mild healing. (SUV 9.4 v 12.1 in May ‘13)
4. scattered lung nodules, up to 5mm in size = stable, no increased activity
5. other small scattered sclerotic lesions, one in right iliac and one in thoracic vertebral body similar in appearance to L1 without PET activity and not clearly pathologic
APRIL 2014 - 6 YRS POST GAMMA ZAP, 7 YRS MBC & 18 YEARS FROM ORIGINAL DX!
October 2014: hold avastin, continue HPX
Feb 2015 Cancer you lost. NEDHEAD 7 years post gamma zap miracle, 8 years ST4, +19 yrs original diagnosis.
Continue HPX. Adding back Avastin
Nov 2015 pet/ct is mixed result. L1 SUV is worse. Continue Herceptin/avastin/xgeva. Might revisit Perjeta for L1. Meantime going for rads consult for L1
December 2015 - brain stable. Continue Herceptin, Perjeta, Avastin and xgeva.
Jan 2016: 5 days, 20 grays, Rads to L1 and continue on HAPX. I’m trying to "save" TDM1 for next line. Hope the rads work to quiet L1. Sciatic pain extraordinaire :((
Markers drop post rads.
2/24/16 HAP plus X - markers are down
SCIATIC PAIN DEAL BREAKER.
3/23/16 Laminectomy w/coflex implant L4/5. NO MORE SCIATIC PAIN!!! Healing.
APRIL 2016 - 9 YRS MBC
July 2016 - continue HAP plus Xgeva.
DEC 2016 - PETCT: mets to sternum, lungs, L1 still about the same in size and PET activity. Markers not bad. Not making changes if I don't need to. Herceptin/Perjeta/Avastin/Xgeva
APRIL 2017 10 YEARS MBC
December 2017 - Progression - gonna switch it up
FEB 2018 - Kadcyla 3 cycles ---->progression :(
MAY30th - bronchoscopy, w/foundation1 - her2 enriched
Aug 27, 2018 - start clinical trial ZW25
JAN 2019 - ZW25 seems to be keeping me stable
APRIL 2019 - ONE DOZEN YEARS LIVING METASTATIC
MAY 2019 - progression back on herceptin add xeloda
JUNE 2019 - "6 mos average survival" LMD & CNS new single brain met - one zap during 5 days true beam SBRT to cord met
10/30/19 - stable brain and cord. progression lungs and bones. washing out. applying for ds8201a w nivolumab. hope they take me.
12/27/19 - begin ds8401a w nivolumab. after 2nd cycle nodes melt away. after 3rd cycle chest scan shows Improvement, brain MRI shows improvement, resolved areas & nothing new. switch to plain ENHERTU. after 4th cycle, PETscan shows mostly resolved or improved results. Markers near normal. I'm stunned but grateful.
10/26/20 - June 2021 Tucatinib/xeloda/herceptin - stable ish.
SoCalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:17 PM   #31
Lani

Flori

my comment had to do with the fact that your statistics seemed to perhaps relate to ALL node negative breast cancer irrespective of its her2 status lumped together, rather than for her2+ breast cancer
Lani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:31 PM   #32
Greg

Hi again gang,

Well, we are no longer Chemo-virgins, well I guess I am, but not Vickie. All in all it went very well and echo'ed what many of you have said in that the anxiety was much worse than the reality, at least as far as the infusion went. It took a little longer than normal due to the herceptin push and the fact that they introduced it very slowly, we were there about 4 1/2 hours. The cancer care center here is like a lodge with fireplaces and all of that, and today it snowed and that made it seem even more "lodge-like". We even had a musician there playing an instrument I have never heard of called a Hang. Very relaxing. So now we are kind of sitting around waiting for the side effect storm that might start in 24 - 48 hours? Guess we'll batten down the hatches and ride it out. I would like to thank you all again for the help you have provided and at the same time apologize for spending so much time on the pity-potty. Our issues seem very minor compared to what some of you have and are going through. My admiration knows no bounds for you all and it is a tremendously uplifting experience to see how you are all bravely facing this dragon, but it is kind of sad here since you have to face it in the first place. I guess I'm glad you are all here to help each other (and us of course) but at the same time sad that you have to be here at all. Take care all.

Greg and Vickie
Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:03 PM   #33
Jackie07

Hi Greg and Vickie,

Congratulations! You all just crossed one big hurdle.

No issue is minor when it is your own issue. All issues need to be
taken care of. Since it is Vickie's first round, you all just have to wait and see what happens since everyone has different reactions to the chemo drugs. The 'loading dose' is always given slowly. Glad you all enjoyed the music and the wonderful setting there at the cancer center. You might want to create the same atmosphere at home...

'Don't be sad' - you want to pump up the endorphin in your brain and have 'happy' thoughts. It is wonderful that Greg is on the team. Now remember this is going to be a long distance race. Be prepared... We've all done it - you can, too. Cheers.

NICU 4.4 LB
Erythema Nodosum 85
Life-long Central Neurocytoma 4x5x6.5 cm 23 hrs 62090 semi-coma 10 d PT OT ST 30 d
3 Infertility tmts 99 > 3 u. fibroids > Pills
CN 3 GKRS 52301
IDC 1.2 cm Her2 +++ ER 5% R. Lmptmy SLNB+1 71703 6 FEC 33 R Tamoxifen
Recc IIB 2.5 cm Bi-L Mast 61407 2/9 nds PET
6 TCH Cellulitis - Lymphedema - compression sleeve & glove
H w x 4 MUGA 51 D, J 49 M
Diastasis recti
Tamoxifen B. scan
Irrtbl bowel 1'09
Colonoscopy 313
BRCA1 V1247I
hptc hemangioma
Vertigo
GI - > yogurt
hysterectomy/oophorectomy 011410
Exemestane 25 mg tab 102912 ~ 101016 stopped due to r. hip/l.thigh pain after long walk
DEXA 1/13
1-2016 lesions in liver largest 9mm & 1.3 cm onco. says not cancer.
3-11 Appendectomy - visually O.K., a lot of puss. Final path result - not cancer.
Start Vitamin D3 and Calcium supplement (600mg x2)
10-10 Stopped Exemestane due to r. hip/l.thigh pain OKed by Onco 11-08-2016
7-23-2018 9 mm groundglass nodule within the right lower lobe with indolent behavior. Due to possible adenocarcinoma, Recommend annual surveilence.
7-10-2019 CT to check lung nodule.
1-10-2020 8mm stable nodule on R Lung, two 6mm new ones on L Lung, a possible lymph node involvement in inter fissule.
"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY." Irene from Tampa

Advocacy is a passion .. not a pastime - Joe
Jackie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:28 AM   #34
harrie

Well Greg, don't be surprise at all if it seems rather anticlimatical after the 24 - 48 hr wait!! After my first infusion I told everyone not to call me because I might be so out-of-it, I would hopefully just sleep it off! Well lo and behold...I felt....literally....hardly a dent!! Isn't that funny!! Nowadays the meds for the side effects are great!!
Anyways, can't speak for all the others, but for me you don't have to feel sad or bad. Physically, it took its toll, but I was able to ride it out and all is fine. Spiritually it gave me a lot of personal growth and rewards. I am sure it will be for you two too!
Maryanne

1993: right side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads
1999: left side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads, tamoxifen

2006:
BRCA 2 positive
Stage I, invasive DCIS (6mm x 5mm)
Grade: intermediate
sentinal node biopsy: neg
HER2/neu amplified 4.7
ER+/PR+
TOPO II neg
Oncotype dx 20
Bilat mastectomy with DIEP flap reconstruction
oophorectomy

2007:
6 cycles TCH (taxotere, carboplatin, herceptin)
finished 1 yr herceptin 05/07
Arimidex, stopped after almost 1 yr
Femara
harrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:51 AM   #35
Jean

Hi Greg,
Glad that the first treatment is now behind you.
The unknown is the worst and it is never as bad as we have imagined. I understand the feeling of waiting for the big bangto occur. Hopefully you will be surprised to find a slight reaction or none at all. The new meds really do a wonderful job. So much so that you may consider to think you do not need them. DO NOT under any reason stop taking the meds. I made this silly mistake and it took a while to get hold again. Take the anit nauesa meds even if she feels 100%.

Remember to change her tooth brush often every 2 wks
to help avoid any mouth infections. No manicures either.

All good wishes,
Jean
ER+ 90% / PR-, Her2+++ by FISH
Ki-67 40%
Arimidex 5/05
Radiation 32 trt, 5/30/05
Oncotype DX test 4/17/06, 31% high risk
TOPO 11 neg. 4/06
Stopped Arimidex 5/06
TCH 5/06, 6 treatments
Herceptin 5/06 - for 1 yr.
9/06 Completed chemo
Started Femara Sept. 2006
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:59 AM   #36
jones7676

Location: I live in Christmas, MI - located on the shores of Lake Superior.
You are a wonderful person to come here and get info.

Heres believin' you picked right and you will look forward to many years cancer free! Just stay positive and if anything seems amiss in the future make them check it right away - that is all I can offer!

10/03 Radical Mastectomy 3 cm tumor - 1/17 Nodes Stage II B, Her 2 +++ ER-/PR- 11/03 4 AC 4 Taxol 12/05 Stage IV - Lung met , Bone mets - Carbo, Taxotere, Herceptin 9/06 - 2 cm brain tumor 10/06 - Tumor removal surgery - Herceptin Halted 12/06 gamma knife tumor base.1/07 Navelbine/Herceptin 4/07 Rads to R femur 5/07 Stereotactic - new 2 cm brain tumor 4/07 Start Xeloda 5/07 Tykerb added 7/07 Brain MRI clean 10/07 .055 cm brain met found. 12/07 Stereotactic -1 cm brain tumor Start Tykerb 11/07 Abraxane/Herceptin 5/08 Cisplatin, Gemcitabine/Herceptin 6/08 Stereotactic to 1cm 9/08 Stereotactic repeat (growth). 11/08 Pet Scan Good but new tiny met on L lung/dead Brain surgery (no cancer cells found/scar tissue) 1/09 Chemo restarted 2/09 Pet Scan Bad - R larger very active/active L active lymph nodes both sides of chest MRI- mets slight increase 2/09 Start Doxil/Tykerb Treatment
jones7676 is offline   Reply With Quote