HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Profiles In Courage
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2003, 02:14 AM   #1
patty

Diagosed: 1984- Stage 2-ductal carcinoma-no nodes positive -not tested for Her2 but was estrogen positive. Rt mastectomey followed by 4 rounds of
adramycin- 2 rounds of cytoxin-followed by 5 years of tamoxifen-
prognosis at a that time: good.
Reoccurance: Jan 2003- metastatic b/c to lungs and bone- Her2++ positive.
Started taxotere every 3 weeks and herceptin weekly-still on it .
Prognosis according to my onc: ""Metastatic cancer is not curable but it is treatable"" ""There is no set number of treatments-we will play it by ear""
According to my last scan in April my tumors shrunk dramatically! He is doing another one this week and our hope is that I can go off the taxotere and just stay on the herceptin and also arimedex for awhile (til the next reoccurance which hopefully will be a long time away!)
From what I have read in general about metastatic cancer- the survival stats are very gloomy so I try to ignore them" stay positive and just live each day as fully as I can. I really rely on my faith and sense of humor to see me through this and I truly value and enjoy my time with family and friends! This disease has made us all aware of what is most important to each of us and how to truly make our time count! I also admire the courage we and our families have in facing and dealing with this on a daily basis. Hugs and prayers to you and us all! God Bless...Patty --------------------------------------
This message was edited by Admin - 6/14/2003