HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-23-2007, 03:20 PM   #1
PinkGirl

Question Just wondering....

Just wondering if any of you who do not have mets feel like you "somewhat" don't belong here, or maybe that you have not had to fight as hard as the others and shouldn't be complaining? I know we are all welcome here and everyone is amazingly supportive and helpful, but..... I often feel like a bit of an "outsider" because I am not on any treatments and I don't have to deal with stage 4ness, cyberknives, gammaknives, tykerb, vaccinations, clinical trials etc. Just wondering if any of you feel the same way.

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
4 FAC, 4 Taxol, no radiation
1 year of Herceptin
Tamoxifen for approx. 4 months,
Arimidex for 5 years
Prophylactic mastectomy June 22/09

" I yam what I yam." - Popeye

My Photo Album
PinkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 04:29 PM   #2
Brenda_D

I'm somewhat "in between", even though I've been Staged at IV, and told I have bone mets (but post chemo bone scan says NED), I haven't dealt with much of what most others here have been through, yet.
I sometimes feel that I don't quite fit, because I may not have as much to say as the long timers here, experience-wise, but we are all HER2 positive, and that's what this forum is all about.
I read more than I post, but this is a great place to get good info, and support when needed.
I do kind of know what you mean though. It's just that we are kind of newly dx'ed, compared to others.

Keep hanging around though. I feel like this is the best place to be for Her2 positives.
We have to stick together!
Old 09-23-2007, 04:31 PM   #3
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink A Subject Worth Discussing!

That is an excellent question. I look forward to responses. My Stage fourness and my ongoing Vit H didn't totally do it for me at first. I felt like every one was ignoring me and busily interacting w/those familiar to them. Must have been my frame of mind. Like Havah, I felt like an outsider. But -- now I have settled and feel at home. And you, my Pink One, feel like I've known you forever, regardless of your med history. You are a Sister, my dear. I embrace you and your sense of humor. We need that around here midst all our intermittent dark thoughts.

Come to think of it, at one point on this board I felt scared away. My attitude was so peachy and I did/do coach those newly dx who are sent to me. Friends of friends who want to help but don't know how cause they've never been there. So I definitely have always felt I needed to share my viewpoints and my experience to give someone a hand up. And I often got such positive responses, and would keep up my relationship w/these newfound Sisters and fell in love a few times (you know what I mean). Some of the most incredible people I know I have found through bc, whereas our paths would not have crossed otherwise. So sometimes I'd log on here, way back when, and I'd feel myself being sucked in to the sadness vs what I felt when having a one on one conversation, which reinforced my thinking and elevated me, knowing I was helping another Soul.

My friends who knew of my *counseling* would lovingly tell me that I shouldn't let it drag me down. I've done so well and need to keep my health a priority. I would always tell them, I'm good, I feel wonderful serving this purpose. It actually motivated me to write the book I've been working on for 100 yrs. But for a while there, this board intimidated me and made me feel shaky, unnoticed, unanswered.

Much love,
Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 05:18 PM   #4
Margerie

I have never felt I don't belong, even though I am Stage 3 and doing a tumor vaccine clinical trial

I am grateful for everyone's input and discussions. I don't really think of people as their stage. Some discussions I don't have much to contribute- but general support.

I think all of us that have not been diagnosed Stage 4, know we could be next. That is just the facts until there is a cure.

Glad to know you Her2 sisters!

Dx 10/05 IDC, multi-focal, triple +, 5 nodes+
MRM, 4 DD A/C, 12 weekly taxol + herceptin
rads concurrent with taxol/herceptin
finished herceptin 01/08
ooph, Arimidex, bilateral DIEP reconstruction
NED
Univ. of WA, Seattle vaccine trial '07
Margerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 05:22 PM   #5
Audrey

Hi Pink Girl,
I've wondered, too, about whether I belong here anymore, since I was diagnosed in 2001 and am currently NED. I haven't been on treatment for years and am basically feeling good now and adjusted to my "new normal"--sometimes I ask myself why I still check this website so frequently when this is whole bc experience is supposed to be behind me... the reason I'm still here is because I haven't forgotten what a life-line this place was for me when I was newly diagnosed and didn't know much about herceptin or how to deal with any of this cancer stuff. Having cancer was a life-changing experience for me and even though many of my friends/family act like it's all behind me now for good, I know that recurrence is always possible and I like being able to come here and keep current on the latest treatments. Plus, I'm so grateful to still be here after such an uncertain prognosis, that it makes me feel great to be able to offer a little encouragement to someone newly diagnosed and say "Hey, I was in your shoes once and know how scary it is...I've been there, done that and lived to tell about it" -There is no expiration date on being a cancer survivor--I figure if you've been touched by this disease, you have most likely learned a few things in the process and have something valuable to offer others and pass on.

diagnosed July 2001, at age 36
large tumor, 11+ nodes
Stage IIIb, er/pr-, Her2+
treated with A/C, weekly Taxol
radiation, + year of Herceptin
on clinical trial. double mastectomy
followed by reconstruction
NED!!
Audrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 05:26 PM   #6
Linda

Thanks Audrey. I agree totally. Wisely written.
Linda
Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 05:29 PM   #7
Joannie

I can honestly say I have never felt I didn't belong here. I am so incredibly lucky to have found this site and the support I have received here has helped me in so many ways. We all come to this board for different things. Some post a lot, some have great technical knowledge. Others just show the support by letting us know someone is always there. I am probably guilty of not posting as much as I could....I can tell you though, I visit this site 3-4 times a week for 4 years! I pray for all of you; for hope, courage, and faith.
It is difficult at times to read a post when we have lost a sister to BC or when everyone was getting Herceptin and I was ineligible because I didn't receive it during treatment....However, the information and support that I receive here on a weekly basis is a gift I truly appreciate. This website and it's members provide updates on "cutting edge" information about treatment, surgeries, doctors, etc. Thanks for all that you all do. I genuinely feel connected to all of you!
Joannie

Diagnosed April 2003
3.3 cm tumor left breast
HER2 positive 3++
ER/PR negative
Masectomy April 2003
4 Rounds of AC - dose dense
4 Rounds of Taxol - dose dense
Removed right breast prophalactically
Full reconstruction with implants/nipples
No Late Herceptin Received
Started Tykerb TEACH Trial in May 2007
Completed Tykerb TEACH Trial in May 2008
5 year NED August 27, 2008!!!
Joannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 05:41 PM   #8
Mary Jo

Hello,

First off, I hope and pray no one that visits this site feels as if they don't belong here. We are a family. Sisters in the fight AND brothers. As far as the journey goes, we are all at a different place. Just like life. Some of us are stage 0. Some of us are stage 4 and some of us are in between. We are all her2 breast cancer survivors and we are all important in this fight. We all have been blessed with different gifts of knowledge........different gifts of compassion............and different areas of understanding depending on where on the journey we are. We then can use those gifts we were blessed with to share and help those on the journey with us. At times we need to reach out for help and it is those times those "gifts" can then be shared with us.

Pinkgirl, you are important. You are a valuable member on this site and you're knowledge, compassion and understanding can be shared where needed to others along the journey.

Love & God's Peace I send,

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06

17 Years NED

<>< Romans 8:28
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 05:58 PM   #9
Sheila

Pink Girl
As so many others have said, the stage doesn't matter...we are all here because we ARE survivors, or caregivers, or those who have lost a loved one to this disease...each of us has something to give, a way to help someone else...we share a special bond, and the gift to help others through what we have been dealt. There are many early stage breast cancer survivors that can help latter stage ones....I have learned so many things from others here....We are all in this for a better future...for us and our loved ones. The one small bit you share today may change a persons life.

Hugs & Blessings
Sheila
Diagnosed at age 49.99999 2/21/2002 via Mammography (Calcifications)
Core Biopsy 2/22/02
L. Mastectomy 2/25/2002
Stage 1, 0.7cm IDC, Node Neg from 19 nodes Her2+++ ER PR Neg
6/2003 Reconstruction W/ Tissue Expander, Silicone Implant
9/2003 Stage IV with Mets to Supraclavicular nodes
9/2003 Began Herceptin every 3 weeks
3/2006 Xeloda 2500mg/Herceptin for recurrence to neck nodes
3/2007 Added back the Xeloda with Herceptin for continued mets to nodes
5/2007 Taken Off Xeloda, no longer working
6/14/07 Taxol/Herceptin/Avastin
3/26 - 5/28/08 Taxol Holiday Whopeeeeeeeee
5/29 2008 Back on Taxol w Herceptin q 2 weeks
4/2009 Progression on Taxol & Paralyzed L Vocal Cord from Nodes Pressing on Nerve
5/2009 Begin Rx with Navelbine/Herceptin
11/09 Progression on Navelbine
Fought for and started Tykerb/Herceptin...nodes are melting!!!!!
2/2010 Back to Avastin/Herceptin
5/2010 Switched to Metronomic Chemo with Herceptin...Cytoxan and Methotrexate
Pericardial Window Surgery to Drain Pericardial Effusion
7/2010 Back to walking a mile a day...YEAH!!!!
9/2010 Nodes are back with a vengence in neck
Qualified for TDM-1 EAP
10/6/10 Begin my miracle drug, TDM-1
Mixed response, shrinking internal nodes, progression skin mets after 3 treatments
12/6/10 Started Halaven (Eribulen) /Herceptin excellent results in 2 treatments
2/2011 I CELEBRATE my 9 YEAR MARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/5/11 begin Gemzar /Herceptin for node progression
2/8/2012 Gemzar stopped, Continue Herceptin
2/20/2012 Begin Tomo Radiation to Neck Nodes
2/21/2012 I CELEBRATE 10 YEARS
5/12/2012 BeganTaxotere/ Herceptin is my next miracle for new node progression
6/28/12 Stopped Taxotere due to pregression, Started Perjeta/Herceptin
Sheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 06:02 PM   #10
kcherub

Wink

I agree that we are all in this together, no matter what our "stage".

I have sometimes felt that I didn't have the "right" to complain, or that I didn't have enough to contribute here! However, I have found that everyone here is SOOO helpful and caring and that I can contribute--even if it is just to lend an ear...

Hang in there!
ER/PR 90%+ HER2 +
6 TCH started 5/25/2007, ended after #5 due to steroid "reactions" and neuropathy in feet and hands
BUT--#6 CH w/o Taxotere
Begin Herceptin alone 9/28/2007
30 rads completed 12/19/2007
Finish Herceptin 5/9/2008
Stopped Tamoxifen early--HATED it.
Married 17 years
13-year old son
3 embies on ice (from 1999)
GA, USA

kcherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:29 PM   #11
BonnieR

I belong to another support group where people sometimes use the term "it hasn't happened to you YET" (meaning "you're elegible too"!). The context is different but it can apply here. None of us knows what the future may hold with this disease. But meanwhile we all share the diagnosis and can support each other. Offereing a sounding board and a shoulder. I am grateful beyond words to have found all of you...

Post menopause
May 2007 Core biopsy, Rt breast
ER+, Pr-, HER2 +++, Grade 3
Ki-67: 90%
"suspicious area" left breast
Bilateral mastectomy, (NED on left) May 2007
Sentinel Node Neg
Stage 1, DCIS with microinvasion, 3 mm, mostly removed during the biopsy....
Femara (discontinued 7/07) Resumed 10/07
OncoType score 36 (July 07)
Began THC 7/26/07 (d/c taxol and carboplatin 10/07)
Began Herceptin alone 10/07
Finished Herceptin July /08
D/C Femara 4/10 (joint pain/trigger thumb!)
5/10 mistakenly dx with lung cancer. Middle rt lobe removed!
Aromasin started 5/10
BonnieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 08:40 PM   #12
Bev

I was intimidated at first, lurked lots. I was so anxious and uninformed. Knowledge is some sort of comfort. I have a little bit of guilt being a II, as we have lost some personal friends as well as many cyber friends, but I can't stop checking in. The benefits far outweigh the negatives. Hang in there, you'll be able to sort out how you feel as time goes on. Bev
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:32 AM   #13
Believe51

Location: RHODE ISLAND (Ed getting me a latte on 2nd Cancerversary Cruise 2008) 'BELIEVE': To accept as true or real, To have faith in, To presume ALWAYS BELIEVE
Smile Morning My Pinkgirl!!

I can express the thoughts that you feel like an outsider because there have been times that I have said outloud that I am not the one suffering from breast cancer, thus made me view myself as an outsider. Of course my girls made me know this is not the case and I am here to say the same to you Darling!! I may not be the patient and you may not have stage IV, yet we are still on this journey and it is important that we all come here. You do belong my Pinkgirl and your journey is still important to us. We are all needed here to discuss our fears, share our joys, ask our questions which may I add helps others when we find the answers. We come here to cry and to triumph, to support and to love, to pray and to conquer. Also we can rant and rave if we needed to. We are a family and you are a great part of that family and surely we cannot be so without you.

So my Love please take my words into consideration. I want you to know that we are all this incredibly important family with bonds that can never be broken. Smile My Pinkgirl and know that you are loved!!

>>Believe51
9/7/06Husband 50yrs=StageIV IBC/HER2+,BoneMets10/06TaxotereX10,'H'1X wk,Zometa,Tamoxifen4/12/07Last Tax5/18/07Pet=Rapid Cell Activity,No Organ Mets,Lytic Lesions,Degeneration,Some Bone Repair5/07ChemoFail6/01/07Pleural Thoracentisis=Effusions,NoMalignantCells6/19/07+7/2/07DFCI
6/25/07BrainMRI=BrainMets,Many<9mm7/10/07WBR/PelvisRad37.5Gx15&Nutritionist8/19/07T/X9/20/07BrainMRI=2<2mm10/6/07Pet=BoneProgression
10/24/07ChemoFail11/9/07A/Cx10,EndTam12/7/07Faslodex12/10/07Muga7512/13/07BlasticLesions1/7/08BrainMRI=Clear4/1/08Pet=BoneImprovement,
NoProgression,Stable4/7/08BrainPerfect5/16/08Last A/C8/26/08BrainMets=10(<9mm)9/10/08Gamma10/30/08Met=5mm12/19/08Gamma5mets5
12/22/08SpinalMets1/14/09SpinalRads2/17/09BrainMRI=NoNewMets4/20/09BoneScan5/14/09Ixempra6/1/09BrainMRI=NumerousMets6/24/09DFCIw/DrBurstein6/26/09Continue
Ixempra/Faslodex/Zometa~TM now lower7/17/09Stop Ixempra By Choice9/21/09HOSPICE10/16/09Earned His Deserved Wings And Halo=37 Month Fight w/Stage 4 IBC, Her2+++,My Hero!!
Believe51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:35 AM   #14
PinkGirl

Talking more from me

Hi everyone
I have definitely felt welcome here from day one. It was AlaskaAngel who recommended this Board to me and I am very grateful for that. I am learning so much from all of you -- it has hugely helped me to know other people who are Her2+. I was being honest not critical of anyone. Maybe my "roll" on this Board will be to keep the Chinese Hamster Ovary thread going
Thank you to all of you. I very much appreciate all of the comments from my brothers and sisters.

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
4 FAC, 4 Taxol, no radiation
1 year of Herceptin
Tamoxifen for approx. 4 months,
Arimidex for 5 years
Prophylactic mastectomy June 22/09

" I yam what I yam." - Popeye

My Photo Album
PinkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:42 AM   #15
tousled1

No one should ever feel that they don't belong here just because of their stage of disease. It's not staging of the disease -- it's the knowledge and support we get from the amazing women on this website. No matter what stage you are or where you are in your treatment plan this site offers so much. Also, each and everyone of us has a right to complain. We didn't ask for this dreadful disease but we must deal with it. This board is about so much - knowledge, support, compassion, empathy, a shoulder to cry on, a place to complain, a place to share both good and bad days, a place when you need comfort -- just a place where you can come and be 100% yourself. Each and every woman/man who comes to this site has something worthwhile to offer and should never, never feel that for whatever reason they don't belong here. We are here for each other no matter what!
Neoadjunct chemo: 4 A/C; 4 Taxatore
Bilateral mastectomy June 8, 2006
14 of 26 nodes positive
Herceptin June 22, 2006 - April 20, 2007
Radiation (X35) July 24-September 11, 2006
BRCA1/BRCA2 negative
Stage IV lung mets July 13, 2007 - TCH
Single brain met - August 6, 2007 -CyberKnife
Oct 2007 - clear brain MRI and lung mets shrinking.
March 2008 lung met progression, brain still clear - begin Tykerb/Xeloda/Ixempra
tousled1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:36 AM   #16
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink The Power Of One Little Voice

So true, Sheila, You may feel like one small person in the world, but what we say and do can make a world of difference to someone else... Isn't that mindblowing???
Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:15 PM   #17
AlaskaAngel

Thumbs up Inclusive or Exclusive

I have spoken here about intimacy issues, which are no where near as high on the critical list as the issues others face, and in that sense recognize that "complaining" is relative. But I feel that not expressing feelings about it is also a way of avoiding dealing with a genuine problem that doesn't just exist for those who are diagnosed early stage, or are NED. This is also why I think it is so important to be accepting of anyone's choices in pursuing treatment, not pursuing treatment, and palliative care.

The forums are an exchange of information and we all pick and chose what threads we relate to or can contribute something to. The inclusiveness of this site is a testimony to the efforts of Joe and Christine.

AlaskaAngel
AlaskaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:02 PM   #18
tricia keegan

Smile

I've never felt I don't belong, or an outsider although there's still so much I don't understand that I love to come here and applaud the knowledge everyone shares here.
I'd like to think herceptin has done the trick for me and I'll never get mets but if ever I do, I know I won't be half as scared since knowing some of the brave ladies here who continue to live life and be happy while still in treatments for stage iv. You've all taught me this need not be a death sentence anymore and I recommend this site to anyone just starting out.
Hopefully one day I'll even understand some of the scientific detailed posts which right now just leave me in awe and feeling pretty dumb!!
Rads x 36 ..oophorectomy August '06
Currently taking Arimidex..
June 2011 osteopenia/ zometa x1 yearly- stopped Zometa 2015 as Dexa show normal bone density.
Stopped Arimidex July 2014- Restarted Arimidex 2015 for a further two years on the advice of my Onc.
2014 Normal Dexa scan
2018 Mammo all clear, still NED!
tricia keegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:39 PM   #19
mom22girlz

I always felt like I belonged, but I often feel like I don't have much to offer since I am Stage 1. But, I want all the Her2 ladies to know that I read here often, think of everyone, and pray for all. Even though I do not post, I always pray. I am thankful for all the support and knowledge I receive here. susan
mom22girlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:39 PM   #20
chrisy

Hey Pink,
Interesting question...I have often felt like I don't belong because I DO live with Stage 4-ness! Even so, there are things that are less, or more relevant to my situation and I learn from everyone - sometimes even by the questions people ask. You never know how many people YOU may be helping here, just by your presence and participation. Even beyond hamster ovary enlightenment!
10/04-3/05 Weekly Taxol/Carboplatin/Herceptin , complete response!
04/05 - 4/07 Herception every 3 wks, Continue NED
04/07 - recurrence to liver - 2 spots, starting tykerb/avastin trial
06/07 8/07 10/07 Scans show stable, continue on Tykerb/Avastin
01/08 Progression in liver
02/08 Begin (TDM1) trial
08/08 NED! It's Working! Continue on TDM1
02/09 Continue NED
02/10 Continue NED. 5/10 9/10 Scans NED 10/10 Scans NED
12/10 Scans not clear....4/11 Scans suggest progression 6/11 progression confirmed in liver
07/11 - 11/11 Herceptin/Xeloda -not working:(
12/11 Begin MM302 Phase I trial - bust:(
03/12 3rd times the charm? AKT trial

5/12 Scan shows reduction! 7/12 More reduction!!!!
8/12 Whoops...progression...trying for Perjeta/Herceptin (plus some more nasty chemo!)
9/12 Start Perjeta/Herceptin, chemo on hold due to infection/wound in leg, added on cycle 2 &3
11/12 Poops! progression in liver, Stop Perjeta/Taxo/Herc
11/12 Navelbine/Herce[ptin - try for a 3 cycles, no go.
2/13 Gemzar/Carbo/Herceptin - no go.
3/13 TACE procedure
chrisy is offline   Reply With Quote