HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Caregivers Corner
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Caregivers Corner Dedicated to those who support their loved ones.

Old 06-29-2014, 09:56 AM   #1
joanna

Re: Hyperthermia with radiotherapy

Thank you ladies for your responses.

MaineRottweilers, thanks for encouraging me with my English, and for cheering up my sister and me!

BrendaB, I checked the Centers you mentioned in your post. The one in Philadelphia introduces hyperthermia as "a promising option for patients with advanced or recurrent cancer"; as for the Cleveland Center, they think that "by adding hyperthermia to radiation therapy, radiation oncologists can increase tumor control". I think that both statements are encouraging, despite the fact that this option seems to be fallen a bit into disuse.
However, I'm glad that the other treatments that you underwent have turned out to be very useful for you.

Jackie, I find the article that you posted very interesting. I've understood almost all of it, though different kinds of hyperthermia were described in a technical language. My sister said that it's worth to give it a try, when I read it to her (she doesn't speak English). She sent it to her doctor, so next week we will discuss it with him. In the meanwhile, I will search for treatment centers here in Italy.

Thank you for your helpful adivices!
joanna is offline   Reply With Quote